PSA: Michael's custom framing sale extended through January

JT281672JT281672 Longmeadow, MAPosts: 15
Brought some PJ posters in to Michael's today hoping that I could get a good deal on some frames and was told they extended the $79 custom framing deal through the end of the month! Dropped off 6 posters essentially for the price of 1!

It's the preservation glass (not anti glare) with limited mat and frame color options, but all the ones I had setup will look incredible. As mentioned here on the forums before, I have no idea how they're making money on this deal but I love it.
1991 Springfield, MA 11/3
1996 Hartford, CT 10/2
1998 Hartford, CT 9/13
2000 Mansfield, MA 8/30
2003 Mansfield, MA 7/3 & 7/11
2006 Hartford, CT 5/13
2008 Mansfield, MA 6/30
2010 Boston, MA 5/17
2013 Worcester, MA 10/15 - Hartford, CT 10/25
2016 MSG 5/1 - Fenway 8/5 & 8/7
Tagged:

Comments

  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 26,436
    is it their 50% off sake?
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 2,373
    Did a great job on my Portland Emek. Anti-UV glass, acid free matting and backing
  • JT281672JT281672 Longmeadow, MAPosts: 15
    edited January 16
    LukinFan said:

    is it their 50% off sake?

    It's a current promo they're running that I believe started before Christmas. The "normal" price works out to around $440 according to my receipt, and the promo brings it down to $79 plus tax (around $84 total here in Mass.) which is awesome. Limited mat colors and one location included my tix and 10c bracelet as part of the price while another said "any customization voids the promo" so no consistency there. Still, $79 for custom framing is pretty excellent.

    1991 Springfield, MA 11/3
    1996 Hartford, CT 10/2
    1998 Hartford, CT 9/13
    2000 Mansfield, MA 8/30
    2003 Mansfield, MA 7/3 & 7/11
    2006 Hartford, CT 5/13
    2008 Mansfield, MA 6/30
    2010 Boston, MA 5/17
    2013 Worcester, MA 10/15 - Hartford, CT 10/25
    2016 MSG 5/1 - Fenway 8/5 & 8/7
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PAPosts: 306
    I wonder if this is all of the stores? I don't see anything online for it.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 938
    I don't see it at my stores online coupons either
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD)
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PAPosts: 306
    Really hoping this was extended at all locations. I received my Steve Thomas fenway poster on the last day of the sale and didn't make it there in time to make the cut.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New JerseyPosts: 8,104
    It's at all stores. Don't need a coupon. They have the display right at the framing counter. Just tell them you want that deal. I've done Greenville and Brooklyn 13 so far. Hoping to do another
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC
    4/16/16 Green-Vs-ille 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New JerseyPosts: 8,104
    They are sold out of the black frame in this area. My brother was able to use the black frame in Nebraska. I guess it's a regional thing. I heard somewhere that one of you crazies on the east coast did 14 PJ posters all with the black frame. :angry:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC
    4/16/16 Green-Vs-ille 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PAPosts: 306

    They are sold out of the black frame in this area. My brother was able to use the black frame in Nebraska. I guess it's a regional thing. I heard somewhere that one of you crazies on the east coast did 14 PJ posters all with the black frame. :angry:

    Wasn't me, but it was at my local store. I was okay with it since they upgraded me to a better frame. :)
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PAPosts: 306
    edited January 16
    Just called my local store and talked to the framing manager. The sale was not extended here (Dickson City, PA) . They did have a $99 deal that was up to 20x24, but he said we'll probably never see the $79 deal again. Maybe it's a regional thing.
    Post edited by fl4tdriven on
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PAPosts: 11
    Dropped off my MSG1 from this year at the Michaels by my work last week. They too did not have the black frame available, but couldn't turn down this deal.
    10/21/13 - Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
    9/26/15 - Global Citizen Festival, Central Park, New York, NY
    4/28/16 - Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
    4/29/16 - Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
    5/1/16 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=1781
  • JP218404JP218404 NJPosts: 264
    Just dropped off at Michaels in Edgewater, NJ and they have the black frame and $79 still being done
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • ZodZod Posts: 4,583
    I wonder if this sale is on in Canada? Do Michael's sales run across the border? I'd like to start framing some of my posters. Professional Frames, not my crappy walmart frames :)
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 775
    Got an email this morning. Says additional 20% ALL ITEMS, even sale items. Tonight only FYI
    2014: Moline
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PAPosts: 306

    Got an email this morning. Says additional 20% ALL ITEMS, even sale items. Tonight only FYI

    If it's the one that is valid 4:00pm-close, custom framing is listed as an exclusion in the fine print.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, ILPosts: 1,893
    My local has the $79 deal. No more black frames though.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 5,606
    RP112579 said:

    My local has the $79 deal. No more black frames though.

    what colours do they have left?
    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446
    1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN
    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN
    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA
    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, ILPosts: 1,893
    lolobugg said:

    RP112579 said:

    My local has the $79 deal. No more black frames though.

    what colours do they have left?
    At mine they had brown, white, gold and silver.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 5,606
    RP112579 said:

    lolobugg said:

    RP112579 said:

    My local has the $79 deal. No more black frames though.

    what colours do they have left?
    At mine they had brown, white, gold and silver.
    thanks!!
    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446
    1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN
    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN
    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA
    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA
  • JbarkerJbarker CanadaPosts: 240
    Zod said:

    I wonder if this sale is on in Canada? Do Michael's sales run across the border? I'd like to start framing some of my posters. Professional Frames, not my crappy walmart frames :)

    They have a page on the Michaels Canada website that you can put your postal code in...
    http://canada.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MichaelsCanada-Site/en_CA/CanadaCoupons-ViewCoupons?storeid=

    Usual 40% off 'ONE' item here in Alberta, but it excludes custom framing.
    A rare few times a year they will have a coupon specific for custom framing but it isn't huge, 20% or 30% maybe.
    I presume it's the same in BC.
  • ZodZod Posts: 4,583
    Jbarker said:

    Zod said:

    I wonder if this sale is on in Canada? Do Michael's sales run across the border? I'd like to start framing some of my posters. Professional Frames, not my crappy walmart frames :)

    They have a page on the Michaels Canada website that you can put your postal code in...
    http://canada.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MichaelsCanada-Site/en_CA/CanadaCoupons-ViewCoupons?storeid=

    Usual 40% off 'ONE' item here in Alberta, but it excludes custom framing.
    A rare few times a year they will have a coupon specific for custom framing but it isn't huge, 20% or 30% maybe.
    I presume it's the same in BC.
    Thanks. Any idea what's better. The % off one item (because I see that all the time) or the overall percentage off framing? I'm guessing it would be the framing, because the framing part is probably more than the frame, so 20% or 30% all of it, would be more than 40% off just the frame?
  • JbarkerJbarker CanadaPosts: 240
    Zod said:

    Jbarker said:

    Zod said:

    I wonder if this sale is on in Canada? Do Michael's sales run across the border? I'd like to start framing some of my posters. Professional Frames, not my crappy walmart frames :)

    They have a page on the Michaels Canada website that you can put your postal code in...
    http://canada.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MichaelsCanada-Site/en_CA/CanadaCoupons-ViewCoupons?storeid=

    Usual 40% off 'ONE' item here in Alberta, but it excludes custom framing.
    A rare few times a year they will have a coupon specific for custom framing but it isn't huge, 20% or 30% maybe.
    I presume it's the same in BC.
    Thanks. Any idea what's better. The % off one item (because I see that all the time) or the overall percentage off framing? I'm guessing it would be the framing, because the framing part is probably more than the frame, so 20% or 30% all of it, would be more than 40% off just the frame?
    Yup. Discount off custom framing is cheaper. Michaels seams to be ridiculous for custom framing though. I find it's barely worth it even with the discount. Ive had better
    luck with a local framing shop.

    'Single item' coupons are really only great if you want those big 24x36 prehung poster frames just to get them on the wall where they are safe because you came home one day to see the kids having an epic lightsabre battle with poster tubes...

Sign In or Register to comment.