Options

U2 Joshua Tree 2017

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    100 kuricks?? That's HUUUUGE!!! :lol: (I agree - this is like the #1 Primo U2 Concert of all time for me, lol. Joshua Tree is in my top 10 albums of all time (as it is for a lot of people).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    derbydave said:

That's a very well kept ticket, Dave! My first concert ticket is from '97 and you can barely read it.

It's been on display with other ticket stubs and press credentials on the bulletin in my home office for 30 years!!

:rofl: @ Lorena Bobbitt for Surgeon General!
    Did you used to live in Richmond? Noticed quite a few things on there from RVA.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    PJ_Soul said:

Super easy to get tix... I guess because the venue is so big... unless U2 has finally lost its popularity on the west coast, lol. I'm still able to get GA tix for Vancouver half an hour into the sale. There are also still singles in the 200 level (not that I'm actually still looking to buy tix - always just curious about how TM sales go).

I don't know how you were able to do that, me and at least five other people I know were totally shut out! Vancouver. Well check that, I did have four GA tickets, that I wanted. For some reason and I buy alot of tickets, so I know it wasn't my doing, no matter which credit card I used it kept coming back that I couldn't pay. Tried minimum 25 times. No dice. Accidentally hit cancel and they were gone. NO one else got anything
  • Options
    chitty said:

PJ_Soul said:

Super easy to get tix... I guess because the venue is so big... unless U2 has finally lost its popularity on the west coast, lol. I'm still able to get GA tix for Vancouver half an hour into the sale. There are also still singles in the 200 level (not that I'm actually still looking to buy tix - always just curious about how TM sales go).

I don't know how you were able to do that, me and at least five other people I know were totally shut out! Vancouver. Well check that, I did have four GA tickets, that I wanted. For some reason and I buy alot of tickets, so I know it wasn't my doing, no matter which credit card I used it kept coming back that I couldn't pay. Tried minimum 25 times. No dice. Accidentally hit cancel and they were gone. NO one else got anything
    Sounds like a great experience.

The show is not sold out. Is it?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Sold out in a couple minutes. Apparently some people were lucky to get random tickets later then that, most likely due to people like me who "lost" theirs or for some reason didn't want them. I do have tickets for myself, but I was looking to upgrade to GA and sell my pre-sale balcony seats to family and friends who got shut out.
    Curious why U2 wouldn't add a second show considering they will rehears here and could add a day before the current show
    Post edited by chitty on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

That's a very well kept ticket, Dave! My first concert ticket is from '97 and you can barely read it.

It's been on display with other ticket stubs and press credentials on the bulletin in my home office for 30 years!!

:rofl: @ Lorena Bobbitt for Surgeon General!
    Did you used to live in Richmond? Noticed quite a few things on there from RVA.
    YUP...
    worked at WTVR - the CBS affiliate in Richmond from 1988 - 1994.
    Moved out to Seattle in '94!
    Covered the Lorena Bobbitt trial in Manassas,
    Still one of the strangest court cases I've ever worked!!
    I've got a souvenir "Wack & Decker Pecker Wrecker" T-shirt somewhere in my closet too!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542

derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

I worshipped U2 back in the 80s and have seen them 3 times, last time was in 2001. I have been put off by their corporate rock facade and charging extortion rates for tickets, but I am very excited about the Rose Bowl show for Joshua Tree's 30th anniversary. I saw them back then and I'm compelled to see them now. I managed to get a ticket to the show and it sold out seconds later. Amazing.

I can't even imagine how good they were live in the 80s. Did they vary their set lists back in the day?
    Yes, the set lists were varied and Bono talked a LOT during the shows. I was at the Joshua Tree tour in Pontiac Michigan at the Silverdome in 1987, and to experience this again, in So Cal in 2017 is surreal.
    I saw U2 on the original Joshua Tree tour as well:

Did the show at the Hoosier Dome in Indy...
    Funny to see that the tickets were only $16.50 back then!!
    I lost my ticket stub in a house flood, and the concert t-shirt faded beyond repair after years of wearing. BTW, that Silverdome show was the FIRST time that U2 played at a stadium in the US, so it was a historical show.
    I hate to rain on your parade but that was not their first U.S. stadium show.
    I was at the first and second stadium shows so when I read your post I went and looked it up just to be sure....

9/14/87 Meadowlands New Jersey
    9/20/87 RFK stadium DC

http://www.u2.com/tour/index/tour/id/51
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360

derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

I worshipped U2 back in the 80s and have seen them 3 times, last time was in 2001. I have been put off by their corporate rock facade and charging extortion rates for tickets, but I am very excited about the Rose Bowl show for Joshua Tree's 30th anniversary. I saw them back then and I'm compelled to see them now. I managed to get a ticket to the show and it sold out seconds later. Amazing.

I can't even imagine how good they were live in the 80s. Did they vary their set lists back in the day?
    Yes, the set lists were varied and Bono talked a LOT during the shows. I was at the Joshua Tree tour in Pontiac Michigan at the Silverdome in 1987, and to experience this again, in So Cal in 2017 is surreal.

I lost my ticket stub in a house flood, and the concert t-shirt faded beyond repair after years of wearing. BTW, that Silverdome show was the FIRST time that U2 played at a stadium in the US, so it was a historical show.
    I was at the first and second stadium shows so when I read your post I went and looked it up just to be sure....

9/20/87 RFK stadium DC

The Silverdome show was 4/30/87 though. (That's not the show in the pic of the ticket.)
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    chitty said:

Sold out in a couple minutes. Apparently some people were lucky to get random tickets later then that, most likely due to people like me who "lost" theirs or for some reason didn't want them. I do have tickets for myself, but I was looking to upgrade to GA and sell my pre-sale balcony seats to family and friends who got shut out.
    Curious why U2 wouldn't add a second show considering they will rehears here and could add a day before the current show

Wow.

They'll likely release more as the date nears. There's no secondary market either is there?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    BV84003 said:

derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

9/20/87 RFK stadium DC

The Silverdome show was 4/30/87 though. (That's not the show in the pic of the ticket.)
    Whoops
    Got to pay attention to the details
    I stand corrected
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited January 2017
    I landed two GA pit tickets for $188 for the pair.
    See you guys in Vancouver!
    No tickets though.
    I gain access with my CC.
    Sucks if I wanted to flip they are non transferable.lol
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    mcgruff10 said:

I've seen more than 1500 concerts in my life, and their 2nd Philly show in '85 at the Spectrum, I think on the "Unforgettable Fire" tour, remains in my top 5 shows ever. And I had the flu, I had crappy seats, and my mouth was full of novacaine because I was supposed to have dental work but then my dentist said the flu made the work not possible. In other words, I was in about as bad shape as I could be, had only a single ticket so I was alone among strangers, and even with ALL OF THAT... One of the top 5 best shows ever ever, it was unreal. We all left the arena sobbing and singing "40" with our arms around each other (all strangers) and just...

Next day read a review in the paper that literally I could have written about why it blew me away so much, was so glad someone else wrote it up because I was still in shock.

I've seen them many other times, always good, sometimes great. Did NOT like Zooropa tour much, and that was the last tour I saw. Was tempted to buy for this Joshua Tree tour but was hoping for Radiohead tix, still gonna try public onsale but if that doesn't work out, may start asking around to my U2 friends to see if anyone's got any extra...
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited January 2017
    I just had a thought: is it possible U2 may be playing Jazzfest in NOLA this year? Pure speculation on my part, but that line up should be announced soon. It leaked early last year.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options

chitty said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sounds like a great experience.

The show is not sold out. Is it?
    Yeah, it is now (aside from TM's own fucking secondary market. OMG, you should see the resell prices). But I dunno chitty. Our of curiosity I tried several times until after 10:30, and I wasn't shut out a single time until probably 10:35am. No idea why others who were trying couldn't pull anything up.... I have been told this before though. One time I had a friend on the phone while he was trying to land 1 GA ticket for Neil Young and he couldn't pull anything up. But then I'd try it, and I pulled one up every single time, and there is no way that was just because it was in my cart while he was trying, since this went on for 20 minutes during the first half hour of the public sale. I ended up just buying it for him. Really strange.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Well TM will still buy them from you, and then resell them at quadruple the price! SMH.
    What I hate about CC entry is that there is no hard copy ticket. I like to keep my tickets, and this really ruins that. :frowning:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Well TM will still buy them from you, and then resell them at quadruple the price! SMH.
    What I hate about CC entry is that there is no hard copy ticket. I like to keep my tickets, and this really ruins that. :frowning:
    Same here I keep them too.
    After all we payed for the ticket!

TM resale is criminal. It's amazing how 40 000 seats instantly sells out and is on their secondary market for $1000's within minutes.Crooks

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Same here I keep them too.
    After all we payed for the ticket!

TM resale is criminal. It's amazing how 40 000 seats instantly sells out and is on their secondary market for $1000's within minutes.Crooks
    I know, the fact that it's actually legal for them to do that is completely shocking to me.
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 778
    RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

I will be on the floor too!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    iammine16 said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Ditto! Not sure what the GA deal is for U2 generally. Are any of you other GA people planning on getting there before doors? That is one massive floor - I'm thinking it might suck to be why back on it. Might be worth a little bit of wait time to get up closer to the stage. Thoughts? I'm not generally willing to wait longer than maybe half an hour before doors, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

iammine16 said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Ditto! Not sure what the GA deal is for U2 generally. Are any of you other GA people planning on getting there before doors? That is one massive floor - I'm thinking it might suck to be why back on it. Might be worth a little bit of wait time to get up closer to the stage. Thoughts? I'm not generally willing to wait longer than maybe half an hour before doors, lol.
    If there are drinks I'm in!

• Options
    iammine16 said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Sweet I see beers in our future!

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872

I didn't try for tix,mainly cause they were so damn expensive. However I wouldn't mind seeing U2. Never seen them before and love the Joshua Tree. Also hear they are pretty awesome live. I remember during the achtung baby tour MTV did something with them. I think it was the music awards and Wayne and Garth played with them :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw73mJQLChA
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

iammine16 said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Haha, well you go ahead! I don't drink until after the show when I'm in GA (that I care about)... How do you not go to the bathroom when you're drinking?? I stop drinking fluids at 3pm when I have floor tix that night. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

iammine16 said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Haha, well you go ahead! I don't drink until after the show when I'm in GA (that I care about)... How do you not go to the bathroom when you're drinking?? I stop drinking fluids at 3pm when I have floor tix that night. :lol:
    I'm like a camel lol

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2017
    I have never seen U2... guess I will be "working" Bonnaroo again this year.
  • Options
    I called TM about tickets I had in my cart, knowing full well they'd do nothing for me.
    The astounding thing is the girl says, well we do have our secondary market you can buy from! Cheapest at that time was $851. Yeah no thanks
    Ridiculous it's allowed
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Saw them on the Joshua Tree as well in Champaign. They got bored in their campus hotel room after the show so they stopped by an area sorority. I have a single ticket left from my U2 fan club membership (I bought 3 and you get 4 tickets). I think there are GA available still
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 778
    RobbyD462 said:

iammine16 said:

RobbyD462 said:

No tickets though.

Sweet I see beers in our future!
    Sounds like a plan!

Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014