Options

When will Pearl Jam tour Asia again?

13»

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    just a drunken guess.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    Never
    Asian people like gimmicky bands like Coldplay .. fireworks, laser lights, flashing wristbands, confetti etc.. Half of Indonesia came down to see them when they were here last month. Still surprised by the small crowds for PJ in 2003 though.
  • Options
    E.K said:

Asian people like gimmicky bands like Coldplay .. fireworks, laser lights, flashing wristbands, confetti etc.. Half of Indonesia came down to see them when they were here last month. Still surprised by the small crowds for PJ in 2003 though.

The whole world likes Coldplay.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,518
    Never

E.K said:

E.K said:

and much of the world likes Katie Perry, Bieber, Gaga, Beyonce theatrics over rock shows too
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

E.K said:

E.K said:

and much of the world likes Katie Perry, Bieber, Gaga, Beyonce theatrics over rock shows too
    Yes... and green lasers during Severed Hand and a swinging light during Porch. :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,180
    I think Mr Udo gets them to play 6 dates at the Budokan.
    Mr Udo gets to approve the setlist. PJ finally breaks down and plays it for the $$$$

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    Probably never but if it is going to happen I'd say 2017 is the best shot just because of one tweet lol. My favorite band at my favorite vacation spots would be over the top awesome. Especially not having tall people blocking views :).
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    Never

E.K said:

Not a huge fan but I went to see them when they played in Brisbane on December 6. It was a pretty good night but I can't help thinking all the showy stuff was to digsuise the fact that Chris Martin's voice is very weak live.
  • Options
    E.K said:

E.K said:

Not a huge fan but I went to see them when they played in Brisbane on December 6. It was a pretty good night but I can't help thinking all the showy stuff was to digsuise the fact that Chris Martin's voice is very weak live.
    I know nothing about Coldplay. And I do like that song with the music video that looks like it's made from old paintings.

But I've always felt his voice is made for Yellow-type songs with a piano, and not arena rock.