Options

When will Pearl Jam tour Asia again?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
edited January 2017 in The Porch
Would love to visit Tokyo, but have it on hold till the band plays there...

When do you think they will return to Asia?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

When will Pearl Jam tour Asia again? 50 votes

8%
bootlegger10my2handsMike's SideMF658872 4 votes
6%
EM22570Pearl34Jamcrookedcross 3 votes
6%
mfc2006NamiPerry Neum 3 votes
8%
Spiritual_ChaostunodamaiLukinFanriley540 4 votes
0%
0%
0%
0%
4%
lolobuggradar 2 votes
Never
68%
OceansJennyE.Kfall by the waysidemcgruff10bazzermcgrawd2CopperTombig dipper ice creamon2legsmookieblalockdannyJP33Indifference71NothingAsItSeems78Uncle SnuffySmellymanCJ23113RP112579KC138045Abe Froman 34 votes

Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Never
    Unless they decide to do a K-Pop record
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Never
    Shows sold poorly in 2003.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2017
    Long shot probably, but I will be going to the Philippines that year and wouldn't mind to see another Asian country and PJ... Or better yet, they go to Manila.
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Whenever they decide to open for X Japan...
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Never
    maybe opening for Babymetal.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,849
    CopperTom said:

That sucks because those shows were awesome
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    You couldn't pay me to go to the Phillipines... I was happy to see James Taylor cancel his upcoming concert there... hopefully PJ stays far away from the Phillipines if they return to Asia
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    my2hands said:

You couldn't pay me to go to the Phillipines... I was happy to see James Taylor cancel his upcoming concert there... hopefully PJ stays far away from the Phillipines if they return to Asia

+1
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    How about Rodrigo Duterte? He's reason enough to stay the fuck away from the Philippines right now. That place is going to hell in a hand basket.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785

CopperTom said:

That sucks because those shows were awesome
    This is true. I was there and they were pretty special. Small venues mostly too..
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,886
    Never

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    How about Rodrigo Duterte? He's reason enough to stay the fuck away from the Philippines right now. That place is going to hell in a hand basket.
    That sarcastic comment went straight and over your head. Yea. I heard on Fox news it's terrible there right now. Also, I see that name all over FB. Both real reliable sources. I should probably stay away
  • Options

jeffbr said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    That sarcastic comment went straight and over your head. Yea. I heard on Fox news it's terrible there right now. Also, I see that name all over FB. Both real reliable sources. I should probably stay away
    Sorry about that. My sarcasm monitor didn't alert me! Lol. Yeah, I would definitely stay away for awhile. Duterte is really on a bender right now. "An average 1,015 people have been reportedly killed each month by police or vigilantes since Duterte took office on June 30. As of mid-December, the death toll in Duterte’s war on drugs had reportedly surpassed 6,000 — with the leader lashing out at anyone who dare try to get in his way." https://www.yahoo.com/news/philippine-president-rodrigo-dutertes-most-outrageous-statements-150947617.html
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    Shitty government. Not a shit hole. Beautiful archipelago
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    Eh... It got bad parts. Saying the whole country is a shit hole might be a bit inaccurate. New York and Philadelphia are beatiful cities. Both got very shitty parts. Bahrain and Japan are islands full of locals protesting against Americans. Yet, a lot of Americans including myself would love to spend some time there. The Philippines is no different. It is paradise. Just stay where you're comfortable. To each their own, though. Have you ever been?
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    Sorry about that. My sarcasm monitor didn't alert me! Lol. Yeah, I would definitely stay away for awhile. Duterte is really on a bender right now. "An average 1,015 people have been reportedly killed each month by police or vigilantes since Duterte took office on June 30. As of mid-December, the death toll in Duterte’s war on drugs had reportedly surpassed 6,000 — with the leader lashing out at anyone who dare try to get in his way." https://www.yahoo.com/news/philippine-president-rodrigo-dutertes-most-outrageous-statements-150947617.html
    Thanks, but I'm from there, man. I literally have hundreds of family and friends there who sees it all and deal with the Philippines firsthand. From what I'm gathering, people here are panicking and jumping to conclusions more than people there. Wanna go with me? I promise you you'll be safe ;)
  • Options
    Never
    NewJPage said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    Check that, Manila is a shit hole (where they d probably play). My bad on that.
  • Options
    Never

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    Eh... It got bad parts. Saying the whole country is a shit hole might be a bit inaccurate. New York and Philadelphia are beatiful cities. Both got very shitty parts. Bahrain and Japan are islands full of locals protesting against Americans. Yet, a lot of Americans including myself would love to spend some time there. The Philippines is no different. It is paradise. Just stay where you're comfortable. To each their own, though. Have you ever been?
    Just Manila. Scary place. Again, sorry for generalizing about the whole country.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    NewJPage said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    Thank you! Someone knows. AND great, ridiculously hospitable people. Super laid-back lifestyle, which is awesome.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    Just Manila. Scary place. Again, sorry for generalizing about the whole country.
    No need to be sorry. I can see that. Even I hate about 90% of Manila. That fucking airport sucks, too.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    Thanks, but I'm from there, man. I literally have hundreds of family and friends there who sees it all and deal with the Philippines firsthand. From what I'm gathering, people here are panicking and jumping to conclusions more than people there. Wanna go with me? I promise you you'll be safe ;)
    No thanks! Someday, though. I just hired a guy who recently moved to the US from the Philippines, so we talk a lot about what its like. I'm sure it's a beautiful place, and I have known many great people from the Philippines. But Duterte seems like an even crazier version of Trump, so it is probably best for Americans to wait out his reign before making that trip. And whatever you do, don't do drugs!
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    No thanks! Someday, though. I just hired a guy who recently moved to the US from the Philippines, so we talk a lot about what its like. I'm sure it's a beautiful place, and I have known many great people from the Philippines. But Duterte seems like an even crazier version of Trump, so it is probably best for Americans to wait out his reign before making that trip. And whatever you do, don't do drugs!
    Haha! No drugs. I kinda like my job.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301

NewJPage said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Is it the humidity?
    It s a shit hole
    Thank you! Someone knows. AND great, ridiculously hospitable people. Super laid-back lifestyle, which is awesome.
    I haven't been in almost a decade, but have spent plenty of time all over se asia and lived in Cambodia for over a year doing research. I love it almost everywhere in the region

Unfortunately most of modern Filipino history has been marked by dictators, so in some ways Duerte is almost the "normal" reaction to problems in the country. Legacies of colonialism and the cold war very much alive
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Never
    Sadly I have given up on the dream.

Palawan and much of the Philippines is the most beautiful place on earth. Enjoyed every trip there.

I guess PJ shouldn't tour the US after the 20th.?
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    I refuse to answer because I don't understand polls like this
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Palawan and much of the Philippines is the most beautiful place on earth. Enjoyed every trip there.

Smellyman said:

We'll see! If Trump starts throwing US citizens out of helicopters, and starts killing US citizens at the same rate Duterte is while waging a war on drugs, I'm heading to Canada, and would recommend PJ play an extended Canadian tour.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Would love it if they played the Philippines again. I could do a 2 for 1, seeing PJ in a foreign country, and taking my wife back to her home country for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Fuck The Philippines (As long as that guy Duerte(?) exists)

And fuck the USA (As long as Trump exists).

But hopefully the band returns to Asia and Tokyo.

Did the 2003 tour really sel "poor" or did it sell as planned but smaller venues? Were the venues half empty?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Never

Fuck The Philippines (As long as that guy Duerte(?) exists)

And fuck the USA (As long as Trump exists).

But hopefully the band returns to Asia and Tokyo.

Did the 2003 tour really sel "poor" or did it sell as planned but smaller venues? Were the venues half empty?

Venues were legit half empty. Some of them didn't even have a thousand people.