Options

Police Shooting in MN - Unarmed

Just read about this one. Not many details right now besides that the officer was responding to an out of control male throwing things at the clerk. The subject was unarmed at a hotel at 4am and there may have been alcohol on board.

No public outcry on this one yet or national media, but that's because they're both white. Not much to spin yet.

http://m.startribune.com/family-man-police-fatally-shot-in-mankato-hotel-was-twin-cities-teacher/409
It's a hopeless situation...

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,780
    bad link.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    I'm not sure each police shooting should get it it's own thread. That would clog page one of AMT each day.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Agreed. Didn't think it really fit on any of the other current threads. There always seems to be concern about police shooting unarmed individuals except when there's not based on certain criteria. I think it's news worthy and tragic for everyone involved, but find it ironic that this shooting doesn't matter. Just keeping it in perspective.
    It's a hopeless situation...