2017 Goals

whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
Here's my idea:
Post what you'd like to accomplish in this new year. And next Dec.31, we can look back and see what all we have accomplished in this year. Sound good?

Short term goal: fix transmission in car.
Mid-term goal: start school
Long term goal: get my own apartment.

Comments

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    edited December 2016
    Finish writing my new book
    Eat less sugar and red meat
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    bluegrace said:

Finish writing my new book
    Eat less sugar and red meat

Can't wait to read that!!
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Death
  • Death

Ok, then.
    What's up?
    @RogueStoner we love you very much sweetie. I know it seems trite to say, but this will all pass, and work itself out. You guys need to concentrate on you guys, and how you can mend that which seems torn apart right now. Just know we are all here pulling for you.. even PJF.. ^^^ ( :shock: )
    I am also going to climb Pikes Peak this year!!! ( I missed getting to do this last year! DOING IT THIS YEAR!)
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Same as last year. Work on listening and not cutting my husband and others off when speaking.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Same as last year. Work on listening and not cutting my husband and others off when speaking.

I am working on this too!!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

FoxyRedLa said:

I am working on this too!!
    I did not used to be this way. I'm the listener lmao. I'm the one word type answer. I do so much talking at work I'm so burnt out when I get home. I a lot get irritated when people do want to chat lol! Don't ask me to make plans with you after work :lol: ask me in the morning while I'm still in a good mood. Ha. Sorry I got side tracked. Anyways I picked up this bad habit from a person I'm not friends with anymore and absolutely hated it when she did it to me and now I'm doing it. I don't all the time but I have have grown so unbelievably impatient and lose concentration and try to hurry people along.

So I'm working on this.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    I know what you mean! I however have been like this my whole life.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

@RogueStoner we love you very much sweetie. I know it seems trite to say, but this will all pass, and work itself out. You guys need to concentrate on you guys, and how you can mend that which seems torn apart right now. Just know we are all here pulling for you.. even PJF.. ^^^ ( :shock: )

Sorry for my earlier post. I was clearly in a very dark place at the time. Thankful for such good friends.

Sorry for my earlier post. I was clearly in a very dark place at the time. Thankful for such good friends.
    We're so glad to see you back!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    -be more organized, I bought planner pages and started okay...then I forgot. I finished making my planner pages for this year.
    -workout, need to lose weight
    -go to 100 shows/concerts in a year, my friend did it last year, so I know it's possible
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    workout more
    write more
    play more shows
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Climb as much as I can. Over the past six weeks I've been able to add a second climbing night per week, so now I'm at a grand total of two. I'd like to add a third.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    As I'm watching the last 30 or so of Shawshank, "get busy living, or get busy dying".

I so love this film, every bit of it.

PS - love to the Crusher and her crushability ;)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Cook 52 meals to expand my skills and be more comfortable in the kitchen.
    Attend 52 "events" to be around more people. Events could be knitting groups, author readings, book club, running races, museum events.
    Run 10 miles non-stop, or run 1,000 miles. I had similar running goals last year, but I'm trying again.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ms. Haiku said:

Cook 52 meals to expand my skills and be more comfortable in the kitchen.
    Attend 52 "events" to be around more people. Events could be knitting groups, author readings, book club, running races, museum events.
    Run 10 miles non-stop, or run 1,000 miles. I had similar running goals last year, but I'm trying again.

I love your list. :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    200+ spin classes
    train my dog more strictly
    donate more to worthwhile charities
    become more organized in my apt and office
    care less about the little things
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

200+ spin classes

If you need any tips on the dog training, you may always PM me. :smiley:
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781

200+ spin classes

If you need any tips on the dog training, you may always PM me. :smiley:
    Thanks I may need to!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I posted this in the "Shape Up" thread but I guess it really belongs here.

I want to be completely credit card free this year, meaning I pay cash for everything. If there's no cash, I don't buy it or do it.

I'm starting with a 30-day restaurant cleanse to improve my cash flow. I'm only eating food I cook at home for 30 days. So far, so good. I made it through the first work week of 2017 without my usual morning muffin and coffee at the bakery. Running errands after work today, I salivated at every restaurant I passed, but I made it home and cooked. I'll re-assess after a month. It's going to be damn hard :-).

BONUS: I'm also going to lose weight. Got on the scale this morning to track the restaurant effect on my weight each week. I predict 10 pounds of salt and sugar. . .
    How is that going @what dreams ?

Success so far. I just recorded all my spending for the week and see that I will have to adjust some plans for a few luxury purchases this month. I really wanted to buy this freaking expensive face cream, but it's no longer in the budget, dammit.

200+ spin classes

I like how you've named exactly how many spin classes you'll attend over the year. That's a great way to account for it.

Success so far. I just recorded all my spending for the week and see that I will have to adjust some plans for a few luxury purchases this month. I really wanted to buy this freaking expensive face cream, but it's no longer in the budget, dammit.
    Yeah. I have been having to count every single purchase, and weigh: need v. Want. Saving to fix my car then school, so no extras, for a while! But it'll be worth it

Yeah. I have been having to count every single purchase, and weigh: need v. Want. Saving to fix my car then school, so no extras, for a while! But it'll be worth it
    Keep your eyes on the prize . . .
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Rock on!

You too, Tree :)
    hedonist said:

Rock on!

You too, Tree :)
    Thank you Hedo!
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2017
    I want to grow as a person and I don't mean physically. It's not like I'm imateur now but I think I can somehow grow at least some more. :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on