Options

EVACUATION guitar score

So, I posted a thread about this song a while ago, discussing its time signatures and stuff.. Well, I made some mistakes and/or imperfections in that description (there are no 7/8 or 5/8 time signatures in this song).. Sorry about that. I think I was drunk.
..and recently, while playing some PJ tunes with a couple of friends, one of them (drummer) asked to me while trying to play this song: "What the fuck is that? I like it, but that Matt Cameron is a weird dude, he must have written this song while on acid." I laughed at that. So, I provided him a standard notation for guitar, so he can at least see how the song goes and its tempo variations. It's basically Stone guitar part, with a second guitar (Mike) that doubles the first guitar, and occasionally doing the 'evacuation' chorus (actually played twice only at the start of the song, after that the guitar emulates Ed's voice). I think both Stone and Mike pretty much play the same stuff all around in this song, so, apart from the brief guitar solo Mickey does at the end (that I didn't bother to write), and some little guitar fills he does only in the studio version (that I didn't bother to write, too), it's pretty much all here. It's funny to look at how often the time signature shifts during this song.
Link to see and listen to the score: https://musescore.com/user/14861506/scores/3152801

Main reason I'm posting this here, it's because I'd like to have some opinions and feedbacks from other fellow musicians and guitarists.
..Even if you think its the worst song in the PJ catalog.. (that would be Sirens, anyway)
I'm currently doing 'In the Moonlight' for the aforementioned drummer. (ha!)

Comments

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,824
    Sorry not a musician but love the hysteria of this song. Never realized Matt wrote it. Did enjoy reading your insights Jammalambo.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    EB218946 said:

Sorry not a musician but love the hysteria of this song. Never realized Matt wrote it. Did enjoy reading your insights Jammalambo.

Glad you enjoyed it. And yeah, Matt is a badass.
  • Options
    VERY VERY COOL. Thanks for sharing this! Matt Cameron is insane. I would have liked to have been in the room when he first showed the guys this song.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

VERY VERY COOL. Thanks for sharing this! Matt Cameron is insane. I would have liked to have been in the room when he first showed the guys this song.

Me too, I heard Mike had a hard time with it , like :i_dunno: