edited December 2016
    No, 25 is not enough.
    Because of the exchange rate....
    In Canadia only 20-25 songs
    But in the U.S. of A there is 35 :murica:
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    No, 25 is not enough.
    What's up with all these threads about what the band plays live? The best thing about the band is that they do what ever the heck they want to do!!! Play what ever you want!
  • Options
    I'd vote for 20 if they let me write the set.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    mfc2006 said:

I vote let them play whatever the hell they want for as long as they want.

Amen!! It's laughable to think they would change what's working for them to please others.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    A poll this insane only belongs one place...A Moving Train
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629

A poll this insane only belongs one place...A Moving Train

Yeah I thought we were supposed to leave needless arguments at the AMT
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

this is the dumbest question ever asked here. what are you going to ask next should 6 packs of beer only come in 4 to make it easier to drink? :anguished:

Best post of the day
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    No, 25 is not enough.
    Lol, I don't get up to piss anyways. Honestly I'm a borderline alcoholic, but when it comes to PJ shows I buy a bottle of water and that's it. I look forward to live shows often for years or months at a time, so the last thing I want to do is forget one second of the show. Not a criticism of anyone who enjoys booze at shows, but I've seen people fall asleep (pass out) in their seats before the show even starts. Also, I don't think I'd be as inclined to travel for multiple shows if they were shorter or more predictable.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    EnjoyBeingEnjoyBeing Posts: 125
    edited December 2016
    My vote preference is not listed in the poll. I humbly offer another choice:

I will stay as long as Pearl Jam wants to play. The longer, the better.

Cheers.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,499
    No, 25 is not enough.
    30 is not enough..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    No, 25 is not enough.
    Let them play what they want to play. I am there to witness it. I am not here to dictate how they handle their performance.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    DedvwDedvw Posts: 245
    No, 25 is not enough.
    Just leave early if it's too much for you. I'll stick around for the rest.
  • Options
    20-25 W/ Some covers
    I wouldn't mind the 20-15 songs as long as they slowed them down to normal speed. You can still have 3 hour PJ shows.

Hell DMB plays long shows with only 12 songs.

Play the songs at regular speed?
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,528
    No, 25 is not enough.
    5 hour line ups for merch deserve 3 hour concerts :)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

I wouldn't mind the 20-15 songs as long as they slowed them down to normal speed. You can still have 3 hour PJ shows.

it was amazing listening to a boot with Dave on drums as opposed to Matt. with Dave, the song sounded like the album. With Matt, it sounded so rushed.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    No, 25 is not enough.

Current format is perfect

• Options

it was amazing listening to a boot with Dave on drums as opposed to Matt. with Dave, the song sounded like the album. With Matt, it sounded so rushed.
    Yeah...true... but at the end of the day, they love playing with Matt and that's what's important. We don't have to live on the road with the guy and Dave has kind of proved himself to be a super douche.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

And the problem with that is that if you don't like the song Dave is playing, you just killed 8% of the show. I'd rather a 3 minute version of Stolen Away than him jamming it for 10 minutes.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah...true... but at the end of the day, they love playing with Matt and that's what's important. We don't have to live on the road with the guy and Dave has kind of proved himself to be a super douche.
    I wasn't campaigning for him to be back in the band. Just an observation! :smiley:

Plus, I also like Matt's songwriting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    pjhawks said:

this is the dumbest question ever asked here. what are you going to ask next should 6 packs of beer only come in 4 to make it easier to drink? :anguished:

I agree with this. Admit it, you started this poll just to try and get this sort of a reaction.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    No, 25 is not enough.
    mrussel1 said:

And the problem with that is that if you don't like the song Dave is playing, you just killed 8% of the show. I'd rather a 3 minute version of Stolen Away than him jamming it for 10 minutes.
    I knew my days of seeing DMB were over in 1999 when during the show at RFK stadium I turned to my friend, about 10 minutes into the 15 minute version of a 5 minute song, and asked "what song was this when it started"?
    She couldn't remember either.
  • Options
    Best. Poll. Ever.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

I knew my days of seeing DMB were over in 1999 when during the show at RFK stadium I turned to my friend, about 10 minutes into the 15 minute version of a 5 minute song, and asked "what song was this when it started"?
    :rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,425
    No, 25 is not enough.

mrussel1 said:

The Band probably didn't remember either.
  • Options
    20-25 W/ Some covers

mrussel1 said:

Pearl Jam isn't a Jam Band though, so this won't happen say for even flow and porch...
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Pearl Jam isn't a Jam Band though, so this won't happen say for even flow and porch...
    I still really dig Dave and don't mind the jams at all. That's their thing. I see him once or twice per tour. I'm in Richmond so there's usually 2-3 shows circling me. My criticism of him is that he doesn't do a good job of reading the crowds.. not nearly as good as Ed. If you're unlucky, you'll get him on a weird night and he'll string together three piano songs in a row. Or, I got him in Tampa this summer and 16 of 20 songs were from the first four albums... it was really amazing. You just never know with them (not in a good way) whereas with PJ, for the last 10 years for sure, they are always "on".
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

I wasn't campaigning for him to be back in the band. Just an observation! :smiley:

Plus, I also like Matt's songwriting.
    I know you weren't.. there's a lot of love for Dave A. And he was a friggin' cement mixer up there for sure. My guess is the bad outweighed the good for them.
  • Options
    No, 25 is not enough.
    pjhawks said:

Agreed.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    there was a time when i thought 25 songs wasn't enough. As in, I could stand there all night. I still would be okay with that if it was a show that i was luck enough to be at. In general, it does seem like the shows have gotten longer than necessary. Perhaps if ticket prices were more reasonable the band wouldn't feel obligated to play such long shows?
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

there was a time when i thought 25 songs wasn't enough. As in, I could stand there all night. I still would be okay with that if it was a show that i was luck enough to be at. In general, it does seem like the shows have gotten longer than necessary. Perhaps if ticket prices were more reasonable the band wouldn't feel obligated to play such long shows?

I think ticket prices are very reasonable compared to what the market would command. Look at Rolling Stones or Roger Waters prices. They are obscene. The only thing that has changed is me... I'm less willing to hang for a rail spot or stand at a festival for 10 hours. The last one I did was Midtown in 2012 and that's because there were only three US shows that year.