124»

Comments

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    on2legs said:

RP112579 said:

on2legs said:

DR252979 said:

Things that shouldn't be on a fan club shirt:

1) The word "anal" or words containing "anal".
    2) Arrows pointing to the groin area.
    3) Referencing rape/suicide/murder/drug abuse songs.
    4) Things that make our wonderful female Ten Clubber's feel awkward to wear out of the house.

This whole Ten Club shirt thing is darkly funny and kind of hilarious! Whoever is designing these things must enjoy messing with everyone. Having said that, I don't want to spend time answering creepy strangers questions or listening to their crude comments because of the shirt I'm wearing. While I fully understand that vinyl records are the perfect example of analog technology, can't we reference something else? Since records are made up of waves, how about "lost in the waves" or reference the song "Oceans" in some way, or something else along those lines. There are so many creative people here and positive Pearl Jam songs, certainly we could come up with something artistic, positive, powerful and amazing!!! I'm really not mad, and I will continue to be an analog member (ha ha), but the choices for these shirts are kind of strange and lack foresight:)

I agree. They should have the shirt be a fan submitted design. They could narrow it down to 3 or 4 designs and then let people vote here. It is a fan club after all.... let the fans decide :smiley:
    Where is Hank when you need him???
    Yeah... a tye dye shirt and green corduroys was not what I had in mind.
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    on2legs said:

DR252979 said:

4) Things that make our wonderful female Ten Clubber's feel awkward to wear out of the house.

This whole Ten Club shirt thing is darkly funny and kind of hilarious! Whoever is designing these things must enjoy messing with everyone. Having said that, I don't want to spend time answering creepy strangers questions or listening to their crude comments because of the shirt I'm wearing. While I fully understand that vinyl records are the perfect example of analog technology, can't we reference something else? Since records are made up of waves, how about "lost in the waves" or reference the song "Oceans" in some way, or something else along those lines. There are so many creative people here and positive Pearl Jam songs, certainly we could come up with something artistic, positive, powerful and amazing!!! I'm really not mad, and I will continue to be an analog member (ha ha), but the choices for these shirts are kind of strange and lack foresight:)

I agree. They should have the shirt be a fan submitted design. They could narrow it down to 3 or 4 designs and then let people vote here. It is a fan club after all.... let the fans decide :smiley:
    They totally should. Remember 8 years ago they had the t shirt design contest. The girl who won, they didn't actually print her shirt. People wanted it though (that's why it won, people liked it the most). When she attempted to print it and sell it they sent her a cease and desist.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • on2legs said:

DR252979 said:

That would be a great idea!!
    3-20-1994 Ann Arbor, MI 8-23-1998 Auburn Hills, MI 10-7-2000 Auburn Hills; MI 5-22-2006 Auburn Hills, MI 5-9-2010 Cleveland, OH; EV 6-28-2011 Detroit, MI 10-16-2014 Detroit, MI, EV 9-23-2017 Louisville KY
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    As a female member, I find it hilarious and will be wearing out as often as I can. But I'm twisted like that. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    on2legs said:

RP112579 said:

on2legs said:

DR252979 said:

Where is Hank when you need him???
    Yeah... a tye dye shirt and green corduroys was not what I had in mind.
    Light pink or checkerboard squares would be required. :wink:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417

on2legs said:

DR252979 said:

They totally should. Remember 8 years ago they had the t shirt design contest. The girl who won, they didn't actually print her shirt. People wanted it though (that's why it won, people liked it the most). When she attempted to print it and sell it they sent her a cease and desist.
    Yes.... good point. I do remember that. Maybe they can be persuaded to revive that idea for next year.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

As a female member, I find it hilarious and will be wearing out as often as I can. But I'm twisted like that. =)

Maybe next year the shirt will say SHORT with a down arrow on the T for the male members. Equal rights to feel weird.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Are people just reading too much into this? I mean it's just the same logo as from the newsletters we've been getting the last 10 or so years. The arrow points at your crotch? Really, is your downstairs operation so off-centre?! Plus, it's not as if the arrow is way down the bottom of the shirt. I just don't get the hullabaloo (unless everyone is joking, in which case, my bad...)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    bazzer said:

Are people just reading too much into this? I mean it's just the same logo as from the newsletters we've been getting the last 10 or so years. The arrow points at your crotch? Really, is your downstairs operation so off-centre?! Plus, it's not as if the arrow is way down the bottom of the shirt. I just don't get the hullabaloo (unless everyone is joking, in which case, my bad...)

I agree with you.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    bazzer said:

People do look at that stuff. I bought a Failure t-shirt and the band's name is prominent on it, so everybody that sees it has to comment on it. "You're a failure?"

Without any reference on the shirt to what is "Deep", what are non-PJ people who see it supposed to think?
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Downstairs operation :rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

bazzer said:

People do look at that stuff. I bought a Failure t-shirt and the band's name is prominent on it, so everybody that sees it has to comment on it. "You're a failure?"

Without any reference on the shirt to what is "Deep", what are non-PJ people who see it supposed to think?
    I just don't get what Deep has to do with Pearl Jam so much so that it makes in on a shirt. Yes the song. Yes the newsletter is called that. So you want to explain to people "I'm in PJ's fan club and their newsletter is called Deep"? They'll be like, "yeah so still, why is it on the shirt?"
    That's so lame.

• I received the new shirt in the UK last week and wrapped my disgusting, ageing body in it yesterday.
    The shirt looks real good and is nice quality & is my favourite of the recent fan club shirts.
    Plus I can happily report arrow points nowhere near my junk (and I dress to the left).
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

I received the new shirt in the UK last week and wrapped my disgusting, ageing body in it yesterday.
    The shirt looks real good and is nice quality & is my favourite of the recent fan club shirts.
    Plus I can happily report arrow points nowhere near my junk (and I dress to the left).

That is hilarious.
    I wore my Deep shirt over the weekend. Quality is actually really good (little bit of a skinny guy/athletic fit though, ordering up a size would probably be a good idea for the male shirts at least) but very soft and comfortable material. Still, it says Deep on it. ;)

• camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    I like the design. The different reactions it may provoke just adds to the fun in my opinion. I will rock mine happily when I receive it in the spring. I'm an older female....let them wonder.
  • GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    The design does seem more like an after thought. Someone says we need a new shirt ..they're like "oh shit" ...and stuck the deep logo on there in order to come up with something fast.

That being said, I actually don't mind the deep shirt, I just wish it was something a little more innovative I guess