NIN's New Album/Reissues are up: Broken, Downward Spiral, The Fragile, Fragile Deviations

Comments

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

Looks like the Fragile is back in stock. Very tempted, holding out so far in the hopes it goes to amazon.

Thanks for letting us know. I just bought.

I was an idiot for not buying it.., and I'm an idiot for buying it! I'm just an idiot lol!
    I feel the same way.
    $28 usd to ship to me so $71 usd for an album I already have.
    There is no way that it costs a business $35 Canadian dollars to ship one record.Even if it is 3lps
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• RobbyD462 said:

Looks like the Fragile is back in stock. Very tempted, holding out so far in the hopes it goes to amazon.

I was an idiot for not buying it.., and I'm an idiot for buying it! I'm just an idiot lol!
    I feel the same way.
    There is no way that it costs a business $35 Canadian dollars to ship one record.Even if it is 3lps
    You know what though? I've spent much more in much worse ways.

Cheers, Robby! We don't typically interact a ton... but I like your taste in music judging from all your posts!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited December 2016

RobbyD462 said:

I feel the same way.
    You know what though? I've spent much more in much worse ways.

Cheers, Robby! We don't typically interact a ton... but I like your taste in music judging from all your posts!
    Cheers fella!
    Thanks for the kind words:)
    It'll be worth it!This will keep us busy until Queens,System or Tool give us new albums.War on Drugs new album I'm sure will be amazing!
    2017 sounds to be a busy year.
    Merry HoHo!
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited December 2016
    Anyone else have issues with their downloads? I eventually had to download Firefox to get The Fragile to download (iMac, so I use Safari normally). Then once it downloaded, StuffIt would not unzip the file, saying it was corrupt, but the built in Apple unarchiving utility worked just fine. So one Apple product wouldn't download it & I had to go 3rd party, but the other 3rd party product wouldn't unzip & Apple's did. I hate computers.
  • I'm having troubles.

So damn irritating.

Anyone else have issues with their downloads? I eventually had to download Firefox to get The Fragile to download (iMac, so I use Safari normally). Then once it downloaded, StuffIt would not unzip the file, saying it was corrupt, but the built in Apple unarchiving utility worked just fine. So one Apple product wouldn't download it & I had to go 3rd party, but the other 3rd party product wouldn't unzip & Apple's did. I hate computers.

I got the same thing :(

My digital files of Not the Actual Events are in the correct order with correct metadata on iTunes, but when playing on my iPod, the tracks order differently. And yet somehow the songs all flow into each other still. Wonder if this is coincidence or if Trent planned it?
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Here's some instructions that someone on a NIN forum posted, to get the Fragile Deviations to unzip properly. This is probably only for US downloads - and will only work for FLAC and mp3. I think the WAV files are just flat out corrupt at the moment.

1. Install the latest version of 7zip.

2. Open 7zip File Manager. Click on "Tools" at the top and select "Options...".

3. Click on the second tab, "7-Zip", and ensure that both "Integrate 7-Zip to Shell Context Menu" boxes are checked (should be the first and second boxes).

4. Hit "OK" and then exit the program/interface.

5. Right click on the .zip file, Hover over "7-Zip" on the context menu, hover over the second "Open Archive" option from the new box that appears, then select "zip" from the next box that appears (fifth option down).

6. This next step will take some time! Wait for the 7-Zip File Manager to reopen with the contents of the .zip file.

7. If you have the old Deviations 1 .zip with just the .wav files you can skip this step. Navigate to where the separate format .zip's are (ignore the WAV one, this is incomplete/broken). Double left-click on the first .zip for either the FLAC or MP3 version (Attributes column is blank, and Host OS is listed as FAT).

8. This next step will take some time! Wait (again) for the archive you selected to open.

9. You're in, and almost there! Double left-click on the folder (you should no longer be seeing .zip files) and navigate to where the audio files are.

10. Click "Edit" at the top, and then "Select All" (you can also shift+click or ctrl+click if you prefer).

11. Drag the highlighted files to a folder you want them copied to (or your desktop, I suppose).

12. Wait for the files to copy and presto! you should have your files in the format of your choosing!
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • BV84003 said:

Here's some instructions that someone on a NIN forum posted, to get the Fragile Deviations to unzip properly. This is probably only for US downloads - and will only work for FLAC and mp3. I think the WAV files are just flat out corrupt at the moment.

1. Install the latest version of 7zip.

2. Open 7zip File Manager. Click on "Tools" at the top and select "Options...".

3. Click on the second tab, "7-Zip", and ensure that both "Integrate 7-Zip to Shell Context Menu" boxes are checked (should be the first and second boxes).

4. Hit "OK" and then exit the program/interface.

5. Right click on the .zip file, Hover over "7-Zip" on the context menu, hover over the second "Open Archive" option from the new box that appears, then select "zip" from the next box that appears (fifth option down).

6. This next step will take some time! Wait for the 7-Zip File Manager to reopen with the contents of the .zip file.

7. If you have the old Deviations 1 .zip with just the .wav files you can skip this step. Navigate to where the separate format .zip's are (ignore the WAV one, this is incomplete/broken). Double left-click on the first .zip for either the FLAC or MP3 version (Attributes column is blank, and Host OS is listed as FAT).

8. This next step will take some time! Wait (again) for the archive you selected to open.

9. You're in, and almost there! Double left-click on the folder (you should no longer be seeing .zip files) and navigate to where the audio files are.

10. Click "Edit" at the top, and then "Select All" (you can also shift+click or ctrl+click if you prefer).

11. Drag the highlighted files to a folder you want them copied to (or your desktop, I suppose).

12. Wait for the files to copy and presto! you should have your files in the format of your choosing!

Dear gawd.
  • I'm liking the new stuff. A lot actually.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Too bad we have to wait until spring to get these babies, I keep checking the link to see when the others go on sale!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

My digital files of Not the Actual Events are in the correct order with correct metadata on iTunes, but when playing on my iPod, the tracks order differently. And yet somehow the songs all flow into each other still. Wonder if this is coincidence or if Trent planned it?

After further review, the track numbers were missing from the metadata. The songs were playing alphabetically. Fixed now. But try it out, it really is neat how the songs all still flow.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I was about to rant saying I've seen reissies of pretty hate machine and downward spiral before. Fragile would be cool...

but... With Teeth!! I've been wanting that on vinyl forever...

are these only for sale on the NIN website or are they going to retail....?
  • Zod said:

I was about to rant saying I've seen reissies of pretty hate machine and downward spiral before. Fragile would be cool...

With Teeth isn't up yet.

What's the 'black powder' being sent with albums?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    They offered a physical edition of the new EP (They never said CD - there was the vinyl version, a digital version and a digital version with a physical component). People bought it and its liner notes/art and the black powder. And I guess people are pissed? IDK. Any outrage is stupid.
    edited March 2017
    Zod said:

The belief is, all but Deviations 1 will go to retail. No listings are up though.

• They offered a physical edition of the new EP (They never said CD - there was the vinyl version, a digital version and a digital version with a physical component). People bought it and its liner notes/art and the black powder. And I guess people are pissed? IDK. Any outrage is stupid.

Lol

They offered a physical edition of the new EP (They never said CD - there was the vinyl version, a digital version and a digital version with a physical component). People bought it and its liner notes/art and the black powder. And I guess people are pissed? IDK. Any outrage is stupid.

Lol
    Exactly. There's a warning label on it that literally states "actions have consequences... this will make a mess" and that by opening you waive any claims against all NIN affiliates for any personal or property damage.
    Sounds like 4/21 street dates for the reissues.

Zod said:

With Teeth isn't up yet.

No it but it had me stoked that With Teeth is labels is coming....
  • Zod said:

Zod said:

With Teeth isn't up yet.

No it but it had me stoked that With Teeth is labels is coming....
    When I read your post I immediately went to the site to order. I have been waiting and waiting for them to change the 'coming soon' to 'order now'!

When I read your post I immediately went to the site to order. I have been waiting and waiting for them to change the 'coming soon' to 'order now'!

Sorry :( lol. I've been wanting that Vinyl for a while. I was just stoked to see it's in the pipeline.
  • Zod said:

Sorry :( lol. I've been wanting that Vinyl for a while. I was just stoked to see it's in the pipeline.
    I'm with you. I keep checking in. Once it's up I'll post here. You do the same please!
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

Zod said:

I'm with you. I keep checking in. Once it's up I'll post here. You do the same please!
    Ha! We're all in the same boat :) With Teeth is hands-down my favourite, with Pretty Hate Machine and Downward Spiral shortly behind.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs said:

Zod said:

Ha! We're all in the same boat :) With Teeth is hands-down my favourite, with Pretty Hate Machine and Downward Spiral shortly behind.
    Yup.

A fantastic album from start to finish.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'm also anxiously awaiting the With Teeth album. Is their email notification system pretty spot on when it comes to notifying you that it's in the shop?
  • bflynn1 said:

I'm also anxiously awaiting the With Teeth album. Is their email notification system pretty spot on when it comes to notifying you that it's in the shop?

Let's just all have a collegial agreement that we notify here the moment it's available.

I check in to NIN every few days or so looking for some form of an update- on the ones I've already purchased or the 'available soon' variety.
    I mean, it will be like the other ones. There probably won't be a rush to order because it will most likely ship later like the ones we are waiting for.
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    Bullmoose has Broken and the Downward Spiral listed for 4.21.2017, but not seeing the EP, or either Fragile versions listed.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Looks like NIN will be playing FYF Fest in Los Angeles in July. Full lineup coming next week.