PEARL JAM LIVE AT BENAROYA HALL VINYL BOX SET #RRHOF17 / 2000 Edition

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited April 2017 in The Porch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEARL-JAM-LIVE-AT-BENAROYA-HALL-VINYL-BOX-SET/252679224813

PEARL JAM LIVE AT BENAROYA HALL VINYL BOX SET

Winner will receive One (1) PEARL JAM LIVE AT BENAROYA HALL VINYL BOX SET.

#2016VIT

Wine Red180 gram 4-LP set in original, unopened condition.

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE PEARL JAM VITALOGY FOUNDATION

SHIPPING COST WILL BE BASED ON LOCATION.

US SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GROUND.

INT SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. WE WILL NOT NEGOTIATE SHIPPING AFTER THE AUCTION.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE WINNING BIDDER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DUTY/VAT TAXES IMPOSED BY YOUR GOVERNMENT.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

ITEM IS SOLD AS-IS NO EXCHANGES, NO RETURNS.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Bid 400 dollars. Just for the fun of bidding 400fucking dollars for a record. Hehe.

What will it end up at – like 2500 dollars or something?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Already @ $630.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I am convinced that I will never own/spin this. Ugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mfc2006 said:

I think vault 3/6 are far better.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

As a stand-alone setlist, Benaroyal Hall isn't spectacular. People go ga-ga for this because it's colored, numbered, limited edition and for charity.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    edited December 2016

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

As a stand-alone setlist, Benaroyal Hall isn't spectacular. People go ga-ga for this because it's colored, numbered, limited edition and for charity.
    True, but it is the only full on pearl jam show I know of that's acoustic (not 30 mins like unplugged). The only other thing that comes close is when I took the first discs of Mansfield III '03 and Gorge 05 and mashed them together :) Now that would make for a helluva vinyl pressing.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

If your only interest is reading setlists, you've got a point.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • I have the CD. Good enough for me until I win the lottery.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335

I have the CD. Good enough for me until I win the lottery.

Completely agree. Why some people try to justify the vinyl sounding that much better than the CD is ridiculous.

I also happen to prefer the vast majority of my Pearl Jam music served fast-paced.

Have a safe weekend everyone.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    BF89905 said:

I have the CD. Good enough for me until I win the lottery.

Completely agree. Why some people try to justify the vinyl sounding that much better than the CD is ridiculous.

I also happen to prefer the vast majority of my Pearl Jam music served fast-paced.

Have a safe weekend everyone.
    I used to feel the same way, until I hooked up record player. It's pretty damn cool.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yeah, it's not so much the sound as it is the ritual as a whole. Rarely does anyone pop in a CD on their home stereo or play a digital album and listen to it from beginning to end these days. When you go to play a vinyl record, you set aside time to do just that. To sit and listen from beginning to end, look at the album art, large format liner notes, etc... It's an experience. CDs and MP3s are quick fixes these days.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834

Yeah, it's not so much the sound as it is the ritual as a whole. Rarely does anyone pop in a CD on their home stereo or play a digital album and listen to it from beginning to end these days. When you go to play a vinyl record, you set aside time to do just that. To sit and listen from beginning to end, look at the album art, large format liner notes, etc... It's an experience. CDs and MP3s are quick fixes these days.

I've actually found everything I listen to other than records is streaming. Sirius in the car, and google play stations at work and home. Never cd's anymore. When I want a whole album I can usually find it streaming or then I break out the vinyl (which is better :) )
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    This is why I went full Sonos in every room. I can from my phone, pull up my server in my office, and literally play any show ever, which are organized by year, or the ever popular SHUFFLE on 1000 shows, and try to guess the era, year, or date. :)

I never got into the vinyl, thank god, its hard enough to keep up with the posters.

(I think I may have bought this in 2000 tho, guess I should check!)
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    a5pj said:

I've actually found everything I listen to other than records is streaming. Sirius in the car, and google play stations at work and home. Never cd's anymore. When I want a whole album I can usually find it streaming or then I break out the vinyl (which is better :) )
    I'm the same way. I digitized my music catalog a long time ago, and host my directories of FLAC and MP3 files on my home server (so you can access them from pretty much any device in the house). If I need portability for my portable media player or car stereo I can plug into any computer in the house and copy files. I really only use Vinyl and Digital now. CD's never really get used anymore... well almost. Sometimes there's a bootleg or something I haven't ripped yet, and i'll get lazy and put it in the ps3 :)
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

I completely disagree and I think you're looking at this setlist with current setlists in mind, rather than how good this was in 2003. Lowlight and Around The Bend were super-rarities, first Masters of War since the early 90s and debuts of Fatal, Man of the Hour and acoustic Lukin and Miracles. At the time people went crazy for this show and the Santa Barbara show (TOTD) reunion and this was a really exciting and unique show to release the following summer.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Not to mention the sound in that venue is incredible.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Ryan said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

I completely disagree and I think you're looking at this setlist with current setlists in mind, rather than how good this was in 2003. Lowlight and Around The Bend were super-rarities, first Masters of War since the early 90s and debuts of Fatal, Man of the Hour and acoustic Lukin and Miracles. At the time people went crazy for this show and the Santa Barbara show (TOTD) reunion and this was a really exciting and unique show to release the following summer.
    Agree, Benaroya show and setlist are phenomenal..and its even better to pop one on my record player.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Wowzers almost $1500 already
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    edited December 2016
    Even though this auction is being put on by Tenclub for charity, it will set the new standard for sealed Benny's!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    this is stupid
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    RS65573 said:

This is why I went full Sonos in every room. I can from my phone, pull up my server in my office, and literally play any show ever, which are organized by year, or the ever popular SHUFFLE on 1000 shows, and try to guess the era, year, or date. :)

I never got into the vinyl, thank god, its hard enough to keep up with the posters.

I also went full Sonos a couple of years ago.... very pleased with the speakers.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    RS65573 said:

Came out in 2004
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2016

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

I actually do think it's spectacular as a stand alone bootleg. I couldn't care less if it's coloured, numbered, or limited. I would love for them to release it again on black vinyl and wrapped in a brown paper bag. I think it's a phenomenal show. I think it's so good I actually spent money on the CD, which I NEVER do, since I can't afford the vinyl.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449

Not to mention the sound in that venue is incredible.

This.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore

• As a stand-alone setlist, Benaroyal Hall isn't spectacular.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

I actually do think it's spectacular as a stand alone bootleg. I couldn't care less if it's coloured, numbered, or limited. I would love for them to release it again on black vinyl and wrapped in a brown paper bag. I think it's a phenomenal show. I think it's so good I actually spent money on the CD, which I NEVER do, since I can't afford the vinyl.
    I would bet many fans have this as their number one listened to live show. It has nothing to do with some limited vinyl-thing. It's an amazing show – from setlist to perfomance to the sound of it.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Benny Hall is the #1 show in PJ history that I wish I was at
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

I would bet many fans have this as their number one listened to live show. It has nothing to do with some limited vinyl-thing. It's an amazing show – from setlist to perfomance to the sound of it.
    It s not even top 25 bootlegs for me, Never has been never will. I think it s a way overrated show due to the limited vinyl and it is all acoustic. I can't even remember the last time I listened to it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

Right behind The Gorge '05 show for me...
    though this new Vault #6 is getting a TON of spinning right now!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170