Wrigley Bootleg predictions

Comments

• mklmgmklmg Posts: 45
    Gettin' kinda late for a Christmas release, no ?
    St. Pete 3/29/1994
    Jones Beach 8/24/2000
    Uniondale 4/30/2003
    New York 7/8/2003
    New York 7/9/2003
    New York 6/24/2008
    New York 6/25/2008
    New York 5/20/2010
    New York 5/21/2010
    Brooklyn 10/18/2013
    Wrigley 8/22/2016
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835

I don't understand why the Wrigley dates gets special treatment that the Fenway shows didn't receive.

Vedder is a Cubs fan.
    I would hope there's more to it than that. These things should be for the fanbase, not his heartstrings.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993

I don't understand why the Wrigley dates gets special treatment that the Fenway shows didn't receive.

Vedder is a Cubs fan.
    I would hope there's more to it than that. These things should be for the fanbase, not his heartstrings.
    Why do you act like it's a competition? They're doing whatever they're doing, and it's a one time thing. They chose the Chicago shows. They could have chosen Boston or Lexington or Greenville...but they chose Chicago. I don't know what your comments about it being for the fanbase mean. Were there not fans in the Chicago shows too?
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I'd be into a Blu ray-vinyl deal.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Vedder is a Cubs fan.
    It's the same reason I chose to go to Wrigley and spend a weekend there vs Fenway. I'm a Cubs fan. The team, the stadium, the city are all special to me. I wanted to make the Wrigley shows something special for myself, perhaps Ed wishes the same. It's not knocking anyone else.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Vedder is a Cubs fan.
    It's the same reason I chose to go to Wrigley and spend a weekend there vs Fenway. I'm a Cubs fan. The team, the stadium, the city are all special to me. I wanted to make the Wrigley shows something special for myself, perhaps Ed wishes the same. It's not knocking anyone else.
    ditto for me.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• stonesstones Posts: 187

Vedder is a Cubs fan.
    There is more to it. Ed is a Chicago native, and also a Cubs fan. So these were his hometown shows. They've released Seattle based shows before, so this makes sense. No offence to Boston, because I love that town and am a RedSox fan, but there just isn't the same link to Boston/Fenway.

• dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    something like the gorge maybe
    danny d
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    edited December 2016
    mklmg said:

Gettin' kinda late for a Christmas release, no ?

it won't be out for Christmas. That's foolish to believe.
  • Come on, already... this is bullshit... just put out the damn bootlegs already. As everyone knows, Bahston Sawks Cack, and they got their bootlegs... why are the Chicago peeps getting screwed???
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894

Come on, already... this is bullshit... just put out the damn bootlegs already. As everyone knows, Bahston Sawks Cack, and they got their bootlegs... why are the Chicago peeps getting screwed???

Because the Fenway shows were better :):):):):)

Seriously though, it's crazy that it's taken this long. I just want a blu ray. I don't care about vinyl or CD or anything else. Just give me some live video with behind the scenes type stuff.
  • Why I outta... =)
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Anyone else wondering if this will ever happen?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102

Come on, already... this is bullshit... just put out the damn bootlegs already. As everyone knows, Bahston Sawks Cack, and they got their bootlegs... why are the Chicago peeps getting screwed???

Because the Fenway shows were better :):):):):)

Seriously though, it's crazy that it's taken this long. I just want a blu ray. I don't care about vinyl or CD or anything else. Just give me some live video with behind the scenes type stuff.
    Agreed. I'd prefer to have a DVD/Bluray more than anything.. Watching it is more fun
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941

yup. hopefully it happens. PJ has filmed plenty of things in the past, but never put them up for sale. There's that whole video that should never be named, that basically a complete tour compilation convert video, all finished, and they never sold it...

Nope. Its done when its done and we'll get word then. Or it sucks and it will never come out, but I'm not champing at the bit for it.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Earliest would be Cubs home opener. Free give away to all season ticket holders :)
    It's a hopeless situation...
    I'm fine with that.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Yes
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    tbergs said:

Earliest would be Cubs home opener. Free give away to all season ticket holders :)

So if you are not a Cubs fan than you are out?

I am out than...,
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    I mean at this point the least they could do is provide us with the ability to purchase the MP4/FLAC files while they work on whatever it is they're supposedly cooking up for this release. It's not like we wouldn't jump at the chance to throw more money at them when they come out with at special CD/Vinyl/Blu-Ray collection at a later date. ;)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    they may hang onto these for awhile....like PJ20.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rock4everrock4ever Posts: 236
    i was there all the way from England - Both nights are in my head and with all the posters in the house and the pictures we took, so just something would be nice to see / hear again. ( vinyl for sure would be better ) if it a blu ray ill buy but don't even have a player.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    mfc2006 said:

Hahaha, good one! Technically they're still hanging onto PJ20 as those boots have never been released either! Don't get me wrong a Blu-Ray is sweet and all but how often can one sit in front of the TV to watch a full length show? Bootlegs on the other hand is a whole other story, I can consume those all throughout the day regardless of what's going on. '
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941

mfc2006 said:

Hahaha, good one! Technically they're still hanging onto PJ20 as those boots have never been released either! Don't get me wrong a Blu-Ray is sweet and all but how often can one sit in front of the TV to watch a full length show? Bootlegs on the other hand is a whole other story, I can consume those all throughout the day regardless of what's going on. '
    You're right it's much harder to find a few hours to sit in front of the tv, than to just to listen to music. I listen to my portable player going to and from work every day. Sometimes I play a little music at work on a bluetooth speaker. Driving around in my truck. Audio only isn't definitely more flexible.

On the other hand I had a pretty damn good time at the Wrigley shows, so I'd love something a little extra like a bluray of the shows. It would let me relive it whenever I want :)
  • zdawg72zdawg72 NorCal Posts: 8
    Well, to quote the September Newsletter. I am now hoping for the Start of Baseball Theory, since it's less than a month away
    "All of the 2016 Bootlegs are now available on CD and Digital Download with the exception of the Wrigley Field shows (pssst, we have our reasons for holding this back for a bit)."
    I Am The Highway The Forum January 16, 2019
    Safeco Field, Seattle, WA August 10, 2018
    Safeco Field, Seattle, WA August 8, 2018
    Temple of the Dog Bill Graham Civic November 11, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL August 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL August 20, 2016
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA November 26, 2013
    Bridge School Benefit 2001 October 20, 2001
    Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA October 31, 2000
    ARCO Arena, Sacramento, CA July 16, 1998
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, CA November 14, 1997
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    zdawg72 said:

Well, to quote the September Newsletter. I am now hoping for the Start of Baseball Theory, since it's less than a month away
    "All of the 2016 Bootlegs are now available on CD and Digital Download with the exception of the Wrigley Field shows (pssst, we have our reasons for holding this back for a bit)."

Yeah I'm expecting an announcement on the 10th about this with the release date being on opening day. Fingers crossed.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mfc2006 said:

I sure hope not! 5 and a half years since PJ20 and still nothing.....I'll never understand that one.
  • zdawg72zdawg72 NorCal Posts: 8
    Has anything from Wrigley 2016 made it to PJ Radio on Sirius, or Ten Club Radio here?
    I Am The Highway The Forum January 16, 2019
    Safeco Field, Seattle, WA August 10, 2018
    Safeco Field, Seattle, WA August 8, 2018
    Temple of the Dog Bill Graham Civic November 11, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL August 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL August 20, 2016
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA November 26, 2013
    Bridge School Benefit 2001 October 20, 2001
    Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA October 31, 2000
    ARCO Arena, Sacramento, CA July 16, 1998
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, CA November 14, 1997
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045