Options

RearViewMirror//Getaway

SterylSteryl Posts: 2
My life as a child into adulthood Is RVM to me.I guess it was the beatings made me wise
But I'm not about to give thanks, or apologize I couldn't breathe, holdin' me down
Hand on my face, pushed to the ground Enmity gaged, united by fear
Forced to endure what I could not forgive ................ (cannot forgive some in my life for not teaching me reality.
Kept in a 'church life' , Taught :: What not to do & what NOT TO DO! (allowed only church friends,only Church private school, never Public school here ) I grew up... made my Getaway,still scarred for life , But realize It all makes sense,in this Present Tense of my life.,Raised in a Baptist Church, I was brought up with lessons of What Not to think,question, what to wear, what music Not to or to Listen to (so I ended up listening to Stryper . :P LMAO!!) and I got caught listening to PearlJam , Metallica, MANY MORE. But I GOT IN TROUBLE , It is scarful today, I made My GETAWAY... They judge and push so much ,if i go back and visit, The pastor wife talks about my testimony to others and how i should present myself, but I AM MINE ... " . ***I got in trouble for that & everything else my *Strangest TriBED* mind thought of.With MY voice..
but...I always had an open mind, wanted to see things differently than my 3 sisters did. Being ME ---got me in trouble . :( . Pearl Jam lyrics ....WOW!!! Reads me . Actually, I now can read me. I know what is mind surrounding,I aware that There is always a solution to this 'scarred problem'. --- PearlJam ...the music,My mind starts to get in touch with my spirit & connects with thought of figure.***Religion is man made bullshit. Just as songs ,we interpret things for ourselves, Let me interrpt IPeter 5:7 myself , Dont kneel in front and pray for MY soul !!!!! . If I had known then ,,,what I know now.
As years past My eyes have been opened to many things, I met people Out of the church/school that taught me so much(even with them not knowing they taught me.)and I seen a whole new world. Being confided in a home where just religion and beliefs are told.GETAWAY!!!! I feel as if the first 20 years of life ive been lied to. I keep the taught morals, values to my life.Living in fear about going to hell if i do bad,. if i do something wrong, ill go The church pushes you , pushed me right out the door, I was the schools Preschool director, four years later They fired me , because they did not suport me marrying a man, not involved in the church. ????!!! (SEE HOW ANAL THIS WAS FOR ME) A P.J. Fan ... My mind ,,, I am find/still finding out things 20 years later /.Back to my innocence ,STILL GOT IT!!
Inspiring , Soul lifting, spirit healing, Talented Sound, Great Play. Nice, REAL Set of members in PearlJam .

I seem to look away
Wounds in the mirror waved * I AM STILL FIGURING THINGS I SHOULD'VE KNOWN FROM AGE 18
It wasn't my surface most defiled
Head at your feet, fool to your crown * cant say it better than that!
Fist on my plate, swallowed it down *the fukin lies down
Enmity gaged, united by fear *Daily FEAR & Guilt, still today
Tried to endure what I could not forgive
Saw things
Clearer
Once you, were in my rearviewmirror
******************I gather speed from you fucking with me******************
Once and for all I'm far away **NOW... I can think,research,question, speak up on/ for my own.
I hardly believe, finally the shades, are raised, hey
Saw things so much clearer
Once you, once you
Rearviewmirror

*I GATHER SPEED FROM YOU FUKIN" WITH ME*
i love the talk i have with people today.. Knowing what they are "preaching about" But I also see My Goodness & not guilt. and I gather up so much mindthought
adrenaline ,and the VOICE OF THOUGHTS , I SPEAK !

Post edited by Steryl on

Comments

• Options
    <
  • Options
    thank you for sharing...I believe many have walked similar roads and when we begin to really listen and question our education along the way we learn and reach understanding from a compassionate place (mostly:).. Pearl Jams music and lyrics have definetly awakened my curiosity and self discovery too. thanks again