Kim Thayil's Pearl Jam Updates

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
it seems lately we get most of our PJ news tidbits from interviews with Kim Thayil. Here's another one, buried in a new interview with Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/soundgardens-badmotorfinger-at-25-kim-thayil-looks-back-w449590

On that note, how far along is the new album?
We're still in the writing process. We have a dozen things demoed. First things first, here: Matt has these Pearl Jam commitments, and Chris has been doing a lot of touring to support Higher Truth and Temple of the Dog.
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 346
    Those commitments could be referring to the 2016 tour and upcoming PJ studio time

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Must be a little frustrating for Kim knowing that Soundgarden is not the A project.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449

Must be a little frustrating for Kim knowing that Soundgarden is not the A project.

I wouldn't think so. I imagine all the pressure is off the Soundgarden guys and they are now free to record and perform on their own terms.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    pretty sure he said the something very similar to that in an interview he did a few months ago on the same subject
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited November 2016

nah I think they like being soundgarden when they feel like it, and not one second more. Its kind of why they split in the first place if I'm not mistaken.

GREAT interview though holy crap that was interesting

Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942

nah I think they like being soundgarden when they feel like it, and not one second more. Its kind of why they split in the first place if I'm not mistaken.

GREAT interview though holy crap that was interesting

I like it better that way. To many bands take the melodramatic route of breaking up and making up every time they get tired of each other. If you don't feel like playing do something else and come back to it when you're ready. I find band break up press conferences (which I guess are less prevelant now) to be kind of lame :)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I like all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th party information....keeps that air of mystery!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Maybe more time for a Down on the Upside reissue. :-D
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    seems like a real old interview, I guess it was the baseball shows.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Maybe more time for a Down on the Upside reissue. :-D

That was just reissued already
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    You're thinking of badmotorfinger (1991). Superunknown (1994) was reissued in 2011. Down on the Upside (1996) has not gotten any reissue treatment and I've yet to hear any news about it. Hopefully it happens and happens soon.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

-Stephen Colbert
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Louder Than Love and Down on the Upside were reissued on vinyl earlier this year.
    http://www.soundgardenworld.com/news/soundgarden-releases-louder-than-love-and-down-on-the-upside-on-vinyl-august-26/
    Deluxe reissue, in that case. I would love a deluxe reissue of down on the Upside. Kim Thayil, the ball is in your court. :-)
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

-Stephen Colbert