President Elect Trump

19899100101102104»

Comments

• Free said:
    President Trump has given a voice to the stars on the wall.
    All of which have been unheard of until now.
    What a croc, and piece, of shit.
    Explain.
    Not in form of a song please.
    Trump is a piece of shit and what he said at CIA headquarters is a crock of shit. He denigrated all of our inteligence agencies and then makes a political speech in front of the wall memorializing those who paid the ultimate price in service to their nation, regardless of who was president or which political party was in power. And then he follows it up with bullshit about how nobody, nobody respects intelligence more than he does. Too bad he seems so lacking in that aspect.

It's okay because some of those intelligence agencies have active investigations into Trump's relationship with Putin and Russia. Follow the money.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

tbergs said:

I say we keep posting here and let the new thread fall off into the abyss.

I'm sure JC and PJfan can keep that thread alive like pizzagate but eventually it will fail.
    That's a good point. Has anyone seen JC since the inauguration? I figured he'd been all over this place.
    As much as I like banter don't ever associate me with JC.
    I wouldn't. JC at least attempts to find facts.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs said:

tbergs said:

I say we keep posting here and let the new thread fall off into the abyss.

I'm sure JC and PJfan can keep that thread alive like pizzagate but eventually it will fail.
    That's a good point. Has anyone seen JC since the inauguration? I figured he'd been all over this place.
    As much as I like banter don't ever associate me with JC.
    I wouldn't. JC at least attempts to find facts.
    Keep associating. That pedo thread he fills should be enough for you to stop.
    AMT is hard at times but there is a limit.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Has Trump acknowledged or issued a statement regarding the marches yet? If he wants to unite the country like he says than a good start would be to address the large masses of people who came out in droves and try to assuage the concerns about equality and human rights coming under attack during his tenure.

We all know the time spent on the turnout numbers at the inauguration was of critical national concern.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    edited January 2017
    "you got high and ordered a President from Moscow" Bill Maher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BWjaLqVqE
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    tbergs said:

Has Trump acknowledged or issued a statement regarding the marches yet? If he wants to unite the country like he says than a good start would be to address the large masses of people who came out in droves and try to assuage the concerns about equality and human rights coming under attack during his tenure.

We all know the time spent on the turnout numbers at the inauguration was of critical national concern.

If he does say something, it will of course be mostly about himself and divisive criticism of the protesters.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

President Trump walks the talk.
    the new president also signed into law a new national day of patriotism and signalled plans to build a new missile defence system to protect against perceived threats from Iran and North Korea.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/donald-trump-era-begins-with-obamacare-rollback-and-missile-defence-orders/ar-AAm5xqT?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

This is funny.
    Let me ask you: should I keep the Twitter going?” he asked a cheering crowd of supporters before dancing with his wife, Melania, to My Way at the second of three inaugural balls. “The enemies keep saying: ‘Oh that’s terrible,’ but it’s a way of bypassing dishonest media"

umm, National Day of Patriotism?

Did they name change the 4th of July then? Cuz I kinda sorta thought July 4th served that purpose. Was I wrong?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    We're on page two of the authoritarian handbook. Stay tuned.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    tbergs said:

They shouldn't be acknowledged.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

They don't need your acknowledgement, they are the majority and now they are wide awake

I love how all these flag waving "America first" trump voters are so anti-protest... there is NOTHING more American or patriotic than a peaceful protest, even if you disagree with them
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

Really lol yeah like President Bafoon can ignore over 1 million people basically giving him the finger !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

I'm “deeply saddened and angered at Donald Trump’s despicable display of self-aggrandizement in front of CIA" -John Brennan, former director
  • tbergs said:

He has on Twitter.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

I guess that's the Russian way.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

They don't need your acknowledgement, they are the majority and now they are wide awake

I love how all these flag waving "America first" trump voters are so anti-protest... there is NOTHING more American or patriotic than a peaceful protest, even if you disagree with them
    Nobody is anti-protest. They have the right to protest. Trump should not acknowledge them though. They are not individuals looking to cooperate. It was a very large turnout of predominantly white women in primarily blue urban centers. Trump won white women 53 - 47. Even in the hundreds of thousands these marchers represent only a small percentage of that 47%. These are not his voters and they never will be. They can protest but Trump should not waste time listening to them. Don't let the images confuse you as to the march's overall electoral importance.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

Nobody is anti-protest. They have the right to protest. Trump should not acknowledge them though. They are not individuals looking to cooperate. It was a very large turnout of predominantly white women in primarily blue urban centers. Trump won white women 53 - 47. Even in the hundreds of thousands these marchers represent only a small percentage of that 47%. These are not his voters and they never will be. They can protest but Trump should not waste time listening to them. Don't let the images confuse you as to the march's overall electoral importance.
    Exactly, hes not the president of the people. He is the president of his people.

He will divide America further.

Hey BS, did you watch his speech in front of the CIA yesterday? If you did, what did you think? I'm curious to get a supporters perspective.
  • BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

He's the President and record-breaking masses of people are protesting him. Ofc he should acknowledge that.

"it's not his voters". Please. He's the President of the entire country. Not just for hus voters.

You don't think Obama, Bush or Clinton whould have adressed it?

Please.
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

Exactly, hes not the president of the people. He is the president of his people.

He will divide America further.

Hey BS, did you watch his speech in front of the CIA yesterday? If you did, what did you think? I'm curious to get a supporters perspective.
    I don't disagree with you for the most part on point 1 but he would argue that his decisions will benefit all the people even if they don't see it that way...yet. Only results can reduce the divisiveness so until there are some results there is no point in engaging with the #resistance.

In terms of the CIA speech...I haven't seen the whole thing...only some clips and basic reporting. Like most of his speeches I am never that impressed. I get how I am included in the "supporters" but I hope you know that on the foreign policy front I line up far more with the #nevertrump conservatives then the America First conservatives. I've laid that out many times but the Trump haters have a hard time understanding the nuances in our positions. So with that being said the speech on the whole is meaningless too me. It is what happens behind the scenes that is most important and the selection of Mattis, Kelly, and Pompeo comforts me from a national security perspective. That is all anyone can really go on at this point.

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

He's the President and record-breaking masses of people are protesting him. Ofc he should acknowledge that.

"it's not his voters". Please. He's the President of the entire country. Not just for hus voters.

You don't think Obama, Bush or Clinton whould have adressed it?

Please.
    I'm not sure that it's record breaking. Protests of this magnitude have been happening since the vietnam war. Is it larger then those? Then the million man march? Then the tea party rallies? Then the right to life marches? I am not knocking the numbers but it is just not electorally significant and the marchers actually don't have a demand that they are asking to be met. It is just mass catharsis which is ok and Trump shouldn't try to cater to the unmovable. I also don't think other Presidents would acknowledge a march such as this either. Did Obama acknowledge the tea party during the health care debate? No...he just pushed on.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited January 2017
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.