Options

Most $$ you've spent on a poster

Comments

• Options
    eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    200 Transformers AP :anguished:
  • Options

I still don't understand how some posters are worth a lot and others are not. An artist signed Salt Lake City 2009 poster (on white paper) sold for $45 on Ebay recently. This poster is a top 10 poster post 2003 and it goes for $45. People want to debate whether the New Orleans 2016 (or insert any number of recent posters) poster is good or not, and we got one of the all-time greats selling for less than cost. Crazy.

Supply and demand.

The red mosquito poster you speak of is one of the best ever. The 10C released a bunch more of the prints which flooded the market making it relatively easy to purchase. I actually don't like the fact that poster was devalued.

Salt Lake City might also be a population not so poster savvy. There are places that aren't as eager to purchase PJ items (Vancouver is one as well... at least I think... I've never had a problem getting a poster there... wolf boy... skull truck... eesh).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    SmeeDogg1 said:

900 dollars for the PJ20 billboard poster. No regrets at all. Looks great up on my wall

Someone needs to join him by buying mine in Lost Dogs
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    edited November 2016

I still don't understand how some posters are worth a lot and others are not. An artist signed Salt Lake City 2009 poster (on white paper) sold for $45 on Ebay recently. This poster is a top 10 poster post 2003 and it goes for $45. People want to debate whether the New Orleans 2016 (or insert any number of recent posters) poster is good or not, and we got one of the all-time greats selling for less than cost. Crazy.

Supply and demand.

The red mosquito poster you speak of is one of the best ever. The 10C released a bunch more of the prints which flooded the market making it relatively easy to purchase. I actually don't like the fact that poster was devalued.

Salt Lake City might also be a population not so poster savvy. There are places that aren't as eager to purchase PJ items (Vancouver is one as well... at least I think... I've never had a problem getting a poster there... wolf boy... skull truck... eesh).
    Yeah, the poster was red hot initially but then people learned that it was printed on black paper and the design was tough to see. But the ones released on white paper are under 200 printed so if you can get your hands on than do it.

If it said NYC or Boston on it and it was printed on white paper from the start than it would be a $600 poster no question.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420

Supply and demand.

Yeah, the poster was red hot initially but then people learned that it was printed on black paper and the design was tough to see. But the ones released on white paper are under 200 printed so if you can get your hands on than do it.

If it said NYC or Boston on it and it was printed on white paper from the start than it would be a $600 poster no question.
    That poster is badass.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    I think this was around $150.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Never spent more than 2 digits on one. Next time a Pittsburgh Missing Link comes up, tho...
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    160 for The Catch.complete with " say no to flippers" sticker..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,442

Never spent more than 2 digits on one. Next time a Pittsburgh Missing Link comes up, tho...

Contact sdavis. He might be able to help.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    edited November 2016
    rssesq said:

$800; Banksy, Donuts Pink.
    Best $800 I ever spent in my life.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/106901
    I won the lotto to buy it. I suspect it was because Banksy loves my politics.

Post edited by rssesq on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Mcsquid said:

pdalowsky said:

The more worrying question is how much a person has spent in total :/

how much have you spent Paul? do you have a lot? :-)
    Ive got a few :blush:
  • Options
    rssesq said:

rssesq said:

$800; Banksy, Donuts Pink.
    Best $800 I ever spent in my life.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/106901
    I won the lotto to buy it. I suspect it was because Banksy loves my politics.

Nice print. You got banned from EB? Impressive!
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    $180 on the PJ mermaid/sasquatch collab poster.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    $100 on this:

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RKCNDY said:

$100 on this:

You got hosed!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

$100 on this:

You got hosed!
    why...average price is $410. http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/162383
    There are only 20 of them.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

$100 on this:

You got hosed!
    It was a joke because your image didn't show up.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

$100 on this:

You got hosed!
    :|

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

$100 on this:

You got hosed!
    I could see it.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    edited November 2016

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

$100 on this:

You got hosed!
    I could see it.

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

$100 on this:

You got hosed!
    I could see it.
    I still can't see it. even on Expresso

EDIT: just saw it. fuck that RK. that dog is Digital.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited November 2016
    $210 for the Pittsburgh '13 AP, within an hour of the sale. Was a risk but it seemed to have worked out.

Non-monitarily... I traded a PJ20 Billboard for the Sperry Poster Convention 2012. Probably an overpayment, but I had 2 of them... and I really like the print that I received in return... in which there is only 20.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    $700 on a 2000 Chicago Blackie. Hopefully I can re-post here later that I've spent more if I can find someone wanting to part with a '98 St. Louis :-)
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Does the Klausen TOTD double count, because if so then $160 with shipping to Canada. Everything else has been at cost, I have redonkulous luck sometimes.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434

$700 on a 2000 Chicago Blackie. Hopefully I can re-post here later that I've spent more if I can find someone wanting to part with a '98 St. Louis :-)

The most I spent was $250.00 for the 1998 St. Louis poster quite a few years back now. So, how much you want for it? Just kidding. Or I'll trade ya for your 2000 Chicago Blackie.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

The most I spent was $250.00 for the 1998 St. Louis poster quite a few years back now. So, how much you want for it? Just kidding. Or I'll trade ya for your 2000 Chicago Blackie.
    I'd give you $950 for St. Louis if it's mint.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    $70 each for the 2013 Ames Wrigley AP and the Klausen 2016 Wrigley AP.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I spent $500 on a single 11x14 movie lobby card last month. It's on my wall!
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
    $350 for Barrie '98. This was in 2009 or so.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    40 right now for the State College poster
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,442
    MayDay10 said:

$210 for the Pittsburgh '13 AP, within an hour of the sale. Was a risk but it seemed to have worked out.

Non-monitarily... I traded a PJ20 Billboard for the Sperry Poster Convention 2012. Probably an overpayment, but I had 2 of them... and I really like the print that I received in return... in which there is only 20.

I love that sperry poster.
    I Bit the bullet and bought one off eBay a few years ago. So glad I did With only 20 of them out there.