Thoughts on TOTD tour ?

Comments

• jeffbr said:

The tour was about Andy Wood, not Eddie. Having the crowd sing Eddie's parts was beautiful.

Eddie showing up and singing – like on the record – wouldn't make it about Eddie and/or not about Andy.

That's as weird of an argument as "Force Awakens needed to copy A New Hope to a tee to get Star Wars fans confidence back"
    It isn't a weird argument at all given the Vedder disciples around here. If Ed came on stage the first night, there would have been endless Ed chants the rest of the tour. How many posts on this board wondered or speculated about Ed joining in - for Hunger Strike, or to do backup vocals, or to open the show, or for the encore, etc... For a brief period there was more talk about Ed being part of TOTD than about TOTD itself. I am very glad he didn't show. It allowed the rest of the band to shine, and allowed the show to be about TOTD and Andy. Ed has a cult of personality around him that is very distracting.
    Agreed.

I thought it would have been cool if EV showed up to sing on one or two songs, but after the Philly 1 show, I was glad he didn't.
    I definitely think he would have overshadowed the band, and Cornell especially. (To me, Vedder seems like more of a natural, affable front man where IMO Cornell has to work harder at it.)

The last thing that show needed was Eddie chants; that would have completely taken away from the amazing atmosphere that night and what the band was trying to do.
    There would no doubt be some idiot that shouts "I love you Eddie" if he was there.
    Good call for EV not to show. Imagine how it would ruin the TOTD concert considering how bad it ruins PJ shows.
  • Just checking if anybody's found Youtube footage of Four Walled World from Seattle Night 2...ripping solo and Mike whips guitar at the end
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    What are the chances we get official boots from the TOTD tour?
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

MSG was one of my favorite shows ever, any band. They were spot on, I had great seats at "the world's most famous arena", I heard MLB songs that I never would have imagined hearing, and full ToTD album was epic.

Same same!
  • camel1206camel1206 Chicago Posts: 65
    Ok said:

I think it's been mentioned getting clearance for the covers they did would be very difficult. If anything, we get a compilation release from the shows.
    Chicago '13
    New York 1 & 2 '16
    Chicago 1 & 2 '16
    Temple of the Dog '16 - Los Angeles
  • Bumping again in case the new to Pearl Jam listeners miss it
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    camel1206 said:

Ok said:

I think it's been mentioned getting clearance for the covers they did would be very difficult. If anything, we get a compilation release from the shows.
    A compilation DVD / Blu-ray / Vinyl on their November 2016 Tour Experience would be pretty freaking sweet!
  • Bumping again in case the new to Pearl Jam listeners miss it
    I love this bump heh heh
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited January 2017
    Sit tight guys.. A Blu-Ray and YouTube vid is on the way of San Fran night 1. The concert is complete with all of the banter in between songs as well. I have also included The "Hey Baby" from night 2 as a bonus Track. It is of 4-5 angles and two are from the front row. All are filmed in HD1080 with upgraded audio. All of the raw files were used and from cameras not phones from experienced filmer's and edited over the past month and a half. It is a few weeks away...Stay tuned and I will post a link when it is ready...

Here is a clip of a final video cut of Hunger Strike. I have done additional EQ to the audio on the final version.. Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/ps63vtMmq8k
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    steved said:

Sit tight guys.. A Blu-Ray and YouTube vid is on the way of San Fran night 1. The concert is complete with all of the banter in between songs as well. I have also included The "Hey Baby" from night 2 as a bonus Track. It is of 4-5 angles and two are from the front row. All are filmed in HD1080 with upgraded audio. All of the raw files were used and from cameras not phones from experienced filmer's and edited over the past month and a half. It is a few weeks away...Stay tuned and I will post a link when it is ready...

Here is a clip of a final video cut of Hunger Strike. I have done additional EQ to the audio on the final version.. Hope you enjoy!

Holy $hit, I'll take one.

Good job.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817

steved said:

Holy $hit, I'll take one.

Good job.
    Now we're talkin! Sign me up
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    steved said:

SWEET!!!!!!!! :)
  • good stuff steved
    NOTE-any people who complain about cameras at shows aren't allowed to watched this...HA
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    Awesome stuff steved!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I don't want a piece of this, I want the whole thing!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Looking forward to it, steved!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    TOTD Tour Merch up now! https://www.templeofthedogmerch.com/
    jeffbr said:

TOTD Tour Merch up now! https://www.templeofthedogmerch.com/

Cool!
  • spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    The MSG show was perfect - took me to a place I haven't been musically in a long, long time.
    I missed Ed, but I never expected to see him there anyway, and he wasn't necessary to make it a great show.
    That already happened at PJ20 and it was as special as TOTD was!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:

I love that people had no problem with Chris Cornell taking up stage time at pj20 but ed singing two songs with his own band on the totd tour would have been a tragedy lol. Wear your Cubs hat sheep.

how are people ed-sheep if they didn't want him to show up?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• spearhead said:

The MSG show was perfect - took me to a place I haven't been musically in a long, long time.
    I missed Ed, but I never expected to see him there anyway, and he wasn't necessary to make it a great show.
    That already happened at PJ20 and it was as special as TOTD was!

I think the way the set flowed on this tour was great. Holy Roller => Reach Down is wow. And the cover choices really worked too, even the more obscure ones like, say, Baby Lemonade.
    With all the new social media posts from Temple of the Dog, it totally feels like more shows will be added this year.

Here's a wicked shot from Seattle Night 2. :)

• stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Hey guys, I finally finished Editing the San Francisco, Temple show and just put it up on YouTube... Enjoy! I took my time with it. I had a lot of great footage to work with, and wanted to give it it's due respect, as this was a lifetime tour in the making for many of us. As i did not see a professional film crew throughout the tour, videos like these may be the best way to relive the experience of being there, or if you didn't have the chance to see one of these magical shows to see what it was like.

https://youtu.be/GL40T2QWtyw

1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

steved said:

Hey guys, I finally finished Editing the San Francisco, Temple show and just put it up on YouTube... Enjoy! I took my time with it. I had a lot of great footage to work with, and wanted to give it it's due respect, as this was a lifetime tour in the making for many of us. As i did not see a professional film crew throughout the tour, videos like these may be the best way to relive the experience of being there, or if you didn't have the chance to see one of these magical shows to see what it was like.

Thanks, steved! Looking foward to watching this.
  • camel1206camel1206 Chicago Posts: 65
    steved said:

Appreciate all the hard work, thank you!!!
    Chicago '13
    New York 1 & 2 '16
    Chicago 1 & 2 '16
    Temple of the Dog '16 - Los Angeles
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    awesome steved. Thank you!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • awesome steved. thank you :):)

I am so determined to see a few more Temple shows this year heh heh
  • I mean have them happen. And if they happen, I'll be there :)
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    steved said:

Wow, thanks man.