Options

Black Lives Matter march on "Black Friday" instead of shopping: Seattle

Hey fellow Seattle fans--there will be a Black Lives Matter demonstration from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM downtown on "black Friday".
Details on their facebook page.
Please come and bring a friend.
Now, more than ever, we need to stand together against racism and violence!!!
Peace.

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    march on!
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Buy Nothing Day is now activist day. Time to make our voices heard! Right on!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Good stuff.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    All Humans Matter
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited November 2016
    my2hands said:

All Humans Matter

Holy shit! Did you come up with that all by yourself?

I'm going to have to rethink my whole lifes purpose now, reevaluate everything, this is groundbreaking.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    ^^i find the naming of the movement unfortunate. It just should be more like Cops, Please Stop Fucking With All of Us
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

^^i find the naming of the movement unfortunate. It just should be more like Cops, Please Stop Fucking With All of Us

how would that "slogan" address the issue of racism in America? Also, BLM isn't ONLY about racist cops. I'm sure you know that.
    I think "Black Lives Matter" is perfectly fine myself, and I really don't understand the problem. I understand what people think the problem is... they have a completely illogical thought process going on though, and it's willful ignorance towards what is an obvious positive message (some of the tactics used by many in the movement are fairly shitty though, and ineffective - they need a leader badly. One who understands how to really use protest in a useful and thoughtful way... that said, I'd never dissuade anyone from attending a BLM march).

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i understand. look, I know what the black community deals with. but, these are some fucked up times. its no longer acceptable to seem like you are standing up for your race. that's what's empowering the white supremacists. they don't like the fact that blacks are allowed to stand up for themselves and they are not. very simple
  • Options
    i think you watch to the now famous white supremacist video and block out the 99% of it that's hate, you'll find one part that comes from hurt. the feeling that whites are not allowed to express themselves the same way as other races. just an observation
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2016
    The term Black Lives Matter is short sighted and a tad elementary in my opinion... the goal and ideal is that all humans are equal and have equal rights... blacks matter, whites matter, Asians matter, Native Americans matter, women matter, men matter, Muslims matter, chistians matter, homosexuals matter, homeless matter, the poor matter, the wealthy matter, police matter, immigrants matter... we all matter... but that's just me...

Did I also mention the BLM organizations statement that black people are systematically bring targeted and killed in a conspiracy is total and absolute bullshit?

Did I mention attacks on law enforcement are now up after being demonized by the media and organizations like BLM?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    YES! Let's take down this tree lighting!
    It's time to destroy the nostalgia of this awful event which only celebrates joy, nostalgia, peace, unity and togetherness.....BLECH!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    It's so pathetic seeing Trump trolls on Facebook and Twitter say they're shopping at stores that support Trump just to stick it to anyone that isn't an alt Reich psycho. Tell them the earth is round and they'll disagree with you if Trump says it's flat.

That being said, I've been anti Black Friday for years regardless of who is in charge. Small Saturday is better.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

YES! Let's take down this tree lighting!
    It's time to destroy the nostalgia of this awful event which only celebrates joy, nostalgia, peace, unity and togetherness.....BLECH!

Yet you guys see a Starbucks cup and happy holidays instead of merry Xmas and you throw a hissy fit. Typical hypocrite.
  • Options
    You got me man! I was in the middle of all my angry letters to Starbucks right now!

Now I have no choice but to protest. Everything is going to change after tonight!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    my2hands said:

The term Black Lives Matter is short sighted and a tad elementary in my opinion... the goal and ideal is that all humans are equal and have equal rights... blacks matter, whites matter, Asians matter, Native Americans matter, women matter, men matter, Muslims matter, chistians matter, homosexuals matter, homeless matter, the poor matter, the wealthy matter, police matter, immigrants matter... we all matter... but that's just me...

Did I also mention the BLM organizations statement that black people are systematically bring targeted and killed in a conspiracy is total and absolute bullshit?

Did I mention attacks on law enforcement are now up after being demonized by the media and organizations like BLM?

It's not shortsighted. As a white guy, society has valued me over other races. It's absurd for whites to respond with "all lives matter".
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298

my2hands said:

It's not shortsighted. As a white guy, society has valued me over other races. It's absurd for whites to respond with "all lives matter".
    I agree plus it was their movement who's to say the name for it is wrong the movement started because the Black community felt the need for it I say keep marching under the BLM name !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....