Options

Can the Constitution be Used to Get Rid of Trump?

vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
edited November 2016 in A Moving Train

Can the Constitution be Used to Get Rid of Trump? 17 votes

Yes
52%
London BridgeMayDay10vaggar99mfc2006InHiding80vduboiseJF129758Abe FromanMagoo2 9 votes
No
47%
IndifferenceDirtie_Frankadam42381g under pEB218946dmaradona10joseph33MeanMr.Mustard 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    Emolument Clause
    Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8
    https://youtu.be/zUlY6rh5BBQ
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Yes
    25th Amendment
    https://youtu.be/Gnnj_YjdJgs
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016
    Isn't this really just spam at this point? Multiple threads about different approaches to the same shit.
  • Options
    Yes
    ^^^depends on how you choose to look at it...besides it only becomes spam when you subscribe to the thread
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    vaggar99 said:

^^^depends on how you choose to look at it...besides it only becomes spam when you subscribe to the thread

Garbage on the ground that isn't in my city is still garbage on the ground.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

i don't even know how that relates, but nice analogy anyway
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

i don't even know how that relates, but nice analogy anyway
    Spam doesn't need to come through a thread subscription notification or via email. If it repeats an identical message in several different ways, and clutters up a region of the internet that a large sum of people frequent, then yes - it's spam. My point was that even if there was no audience, what you're doing is spamming this forum (akin to a tree falling but no one being there to hear it, or garbage being thrown on the ground and no one being there to witness it).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    No
    It would a waste of time and money. This nation has far more problems to worry about that any sort of impeachment. This IS PE Donald Trump we are speaking about so have some patience and his action/decisions will speak itself. He will either swim or sink with those decisions let's give him that opportunity.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    Sore....loser.
  • Options
    Yes

Sore....loser.

^^^more like happy slayer of a despot
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    vaggar99 said:

Sore....loser.

Nope, I had it right the first time. No other explanation for having 8 threads on the porch on the same subject.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    edited November 2016
    Of course the Constitution can be used to get rid of Trump. The problem is that what is being advocated now isn't use. It is abuse. It would be an abuse of the Constitution to undo in the Electoral College or in Congress what was legally done at the ballot box.

I don't like the guy either...but he won.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Yes
    think about it. Why is there an electoral college? Why is there over a two month waiting period before inauguration?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    No
    vaggar99 said:

think about it. Why is there an electoral college? Why is there over a two month waiting period before inauguration?

It makes for an easier time frame from one administration to another and households.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    vaggar99 said:

do really want your country torn apart into chaos? can you imagine what will happen if the existing government tries to get rid of trump before he is even sworn in? that's unthinkable. if the electoral college decides to go away from trump, that is their right. it was set up for a very good reason. but be very careful what you are wishing for here.

you are, quite frankly, pushing for anarchy.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Yes
    ^^^i am not. last thing i want. trust me.
  • Options
    Yes
    If you will see in several of my previous posts, I see Mike Pence as the great compromise that will keep us from civil war
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    edited November 2016
    The gap used to last until March. It exists so the President Elect can assemble a team, fill their cabinet, be briefed on what is happening in the country and the world, and be ready to lead at 12:01pm on January 20th. It isn't just a new POTUS taking office. It is an entire branch of the government.

The gap doesn't exist so that the losing party can get a do-over. Make no mistake, that is the precedent you are asking to be set.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    vaggar99 said:

but that is precisely what will happen if you get what you are pushing for. honestly, I think even if a recount shows Hillary wins, which is extremely doubtful, but even if it's FAIR, the US will descend into chaos.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    vaggar99 said:

It seems that the last thing you want is Trump in office. Also, I apologize if I missed this in one of your numerous threads, but I believe you still haven't answered my question about what legal or constitutional grounds exist for not permitting Trump to become the President of the United States based on his actions (and not rhetoric, allegations, opinions, or rumours).

EV
  • Options
    Yes
    ^^^check out the youtube videos towards the beginning of the post
  • Options
    Yes
    vaggar99 said:

Emolument Clause

i had the wrong link for this earlier here earlier. this is interesting stuff
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Emolument Clause

i had the wrong link for this earlier here earlier. this is interesting stuff
    Yeah, those are valid points, and definitely where Trump is in "the danger zone" (cue Top Gun soundtrack). I see a MASSIVE conflict of interest already, and knowing Trump, it is likely to only get worse. If I had any impact, that is definitely what I would be focusing on when it comes to him (btw, he has stock in the company behind the Standing Rock debacle, and the government is spending tax dollars to protect that company ... right there we see a very disturbing conflict of interest, no? Let alone all this crap with his kids, him not putting his business in a blind trust, etc).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    LOL, now liberals care about the Constitution.
  • Options
    unsung said:

When didn't they?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

I think we'll find out when the mods come back from their Thanksgiving break.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Yes

vaggar99 said:

Sore....loser.

Nope, I had it right the first time. No other explanation for having 8 threads on the porch on the same subject.
    Nuh uh!

See? I can do lazy retorts without facts too!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Yes
    unsung said:

Like your hero's son wanting to regulate vaginas? How unconstitutional and small government of you.
  • Options
    Yes
    unsung said:

always cared about it