Options

Should there be recounts in MI, PA and WI?

Comments

• Options
    There was absolutely hacking done of the voter registration system in Illinois from a foreign agent. I can say that with 10000% certainty.
  • Options
    No
    As much as I hate the thought of a trump presidency, it's over. What exactly is this going to accomplish? Let's say discrepancies are found, then what? Do you think trump is just going to hand over the white house? It's a losing battle.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534

As much as I hate the thought of a trump presidency, it's over. What exactly is this going to accomplish? Let's say discrepancies are found, then what? Do you think trump is just going to hand over the white house? It's a losing battle.

Well, if they found that Trump actually won because of election fraud, and that Clinton actually should have won, then yeah, I'd imagine that he's have to leave office. Right?? One would hope that they would do an audit before inauguration day though. Fuck, I can't even imagine what a scandal that would be if it happened (not that I think it will).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Yes
    ^^^maybe, but it's probably gonna be more complicated than that i'm thinking
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I couldn't care less about doing a recount or not. I don't see any harm in it. If the winner changes so be it. I don't know why the liberals were crying so much about Trump challenging an election. It makes them look pretty damn silly and hypocritical right now.
  • Options
    Yes
    ^^^we only cry because our ears are open
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

I couldn't care less about doing a recount or not. I don't see any harm in it. If the winner changes so be it. I don't know why the liberals were crying so much about Trump challenging an election. It makes them look pretty damn silly and hypocritical right now.

they weren't crying. it was a ridiculous statement at the time as there were no grounds to make that statement at the time. there are now. i'd be saying the same if it were reversed. it's not about getting trump out. it's about having the person in office who was lawfully elected. if it's him, which i'm sure it is, congratulations.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

they weren't crying. it was a ridiculous statement at the time as there were no grounds to make that statement at the time. there are now. i'd be saying the same if it were reversed. it's not about getting trump out. it's about having the person in office who was lawfully elected. if it's him, which i'm sure it is, congratulations.
    Why was it ridiculous? Did Trump say he was going to challenge it? Nope. Trump was smart in not ruling out whether to question the results until after the election when you could actually determine if there may have been something to actually challenge (i.e., what the libs are doing now). That was a reasonable position to take (and one the libs should have taken so they didn't look like the giant hypocrites that they do now). It is completely stupid to say "I won't challenge the election" a month out when you have no idea what could happen on election day. But libs cried wolf.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    ^^^actually he said he would not concede. different thing altogether. its already happened Hillary conceded on election night. always happens that way.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Yes
    4.5 million goal reached!! New target is 7 million.
    https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/recount#_=_
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    vaggar99 said:

^^^actually he said he would not concede. different thing altogether. its already happened Hillary conceded on election night. always happens that way.

No, he did not say that he wouldn't concede: nuance matters, and it's not okay to paraphrase someone if you don't understand that. Trump responded in his typical way - vaguely, so as to have plausible deniability for taking any stance on anything.

From Wall Street Journal (http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-says-he-will-respect-election-outcome-if-i-win-1476984019): "Of course I would accept a clear election result, but I would also reserve my right to contest or file a legal challenge in the case of a questionable result,” Mr. Trump, appearing to accept the possibility of defeat, said. “I will follow and abide by all the rules and traditions of all of the many candidates who came before me, always.”

At the debate, he also did not say one way or another, stating that he would "decide at the time", and "keep us in suspense".
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

While I love to see a unified mobilization effort for any cause, I can't help think that this $4.5 million could've gone to better use: support for either Planned Parenthood or any of the organizations dedicated to protecting Civil Rights for all humans in America are the two organizations involved in fighting socially progressive issues about to be backtracked if Trump's words are to be believed. I also find it disappointing that Jill Stein, who I heard numerous times on Democracy Now discussing the dangers of challenging the outcome of a democratic election as Trump did, is now advocating the exact same thing she hated in Trump - his opinion that we should be distrustful of the election outcome.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

While I love to see a unified mobilization effort for any cause, I can't help think that this $4.5 million could've gone to better use: support for either Planned Parenthood or any of the organizations dedicated to protecting Civil Rights for all humans in America are the two organizations involved in fighting socially progressive issues about to be backtracked if Trump's words are to be believed. I also find it disappointing that Jill Stein, who I heard numerous times on Democracy Now discussing the dangers of challenging the outcome of a democratic election as Trump did, is now advocating the exact same thing she hated in Trump - his opinion that we should be distrustful of the election outcome.
    If it is determined that there actually was fraud committed and we miraculously end up with a president Clinton instead, this will be the best allocated money spent in history.

Let people spend their money how they want to, I do not see any downside to this.
  • Options

Why was it ridiculous? Did Trump say he was going to challenge it? Nope. Trump was smart in not ruling out whether to question the results until after the election when you could actually determine if there may have been something to actually challenge (i.e., what the libs are doing now). That was a reasonable position to take (and one the libs should have taken so they didn't look like the giant hypocrites that they do now). It is completely stupid to say "I won't challenge the election" a month out when you have no idea what could happen on election day. But libs cried wolf.
    because no one has ever claimed the election was rigged before, especially before anyone voted, with zero evidence to back it. he was whining and bitching and making excuses for losing because he thought he was going to. it's not crying wolf now. as I have stated, this is not about getting trump out (well, maybe it is for some). it's about making sure that the right person is in office. if anything, Trump should also be pushing for this. that way, there's no cloud of doubt hanging over the legitimacy of his presidency like there was with Bush/Gore in 2000.

he was only asked that question in the first place because he kept whining about it being rigged.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

If it is determined that there actually was fraud committed and we miraculously end up with a president Clinton instead, this will be the best allocated money spent in history.

Let people spend their money how they want to, I do not see any downside to this.
    Fair enough :)

EV
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yes

There was absolutely hacking done of the voter registration system in Illinois from a foreign agent. I can say that with 10000% certainty.

Do tell
  • Options
    Yes
    +$500
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    Dr. Jill Stein has formally filed a recount petition in Wisconsin.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    benjs said:

dignin said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

People have to stop thinking that Hillary will be president. It is embarrassing.
  • Options

benjs said:

dignin said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

People have to stop thinking that Hillary will be president. It is embarrassing.
    They're entitled to request a recount, and to be fair there is recent precedence for miscounts.

EV
  • Options
    ^^^
    Fair enough.
  • Options

because no one has ever claimed the election was rigged before, especially before anyone voted, with zero evidence to back it. he was whining and bitching and making excuses for losing because he thought he was going to. it's not crying wolf now. as I have stated, this is not about getting trump out (well, maybe it is for some). it's about making sure that the right person is in office. if anything, Trump should also be pushing for this. that way, there's no cloud of doubt hanging over the legitimacy of his presidency like there was with Bush/Gore in 2000.

he was only asked that question in the first place because he kept whining about it being rigged.
    Sorry, you aren't winning this particular debate. You can't paint Trump's answer about waiting to see what happens as wrong. It is actually one of the few times he actually said the right thing. There was precedence set by Gore that an election was challenged in the past so Trump's deferment to decide after the election was reasonable.

I agree I have no problem with recounts and selecting the correct winner.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Sorry, you aren't winning this particular debate. You can't paint Trump's answer about waiting to see what happens as wrong. It is actually one of the few times he actually said the right thing. There was precedence set by Gore that an election was challenged in the past so Trump's deferment to decide after the election was reasonable.

Donald was saying for weeks leading up to the election that it was rigged. That isn't the same as democrats asking for recounts (even though it's Jill Stien of the green party) in close states where there is a sniff of impropriety. I don't see that as hypocritical at all, and frankly, even if it was I don't care. If shady shit happened I don't see anything wrong with exposing it. If shady shit didn't happen, fine, everyone can move on.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited November 2016
    Not sure if Hills would be a good thing in the end, but I think if stuff looks suspicious, they should look into it. She is not actively asking for any recounts as far as I can see, maybe she knows what fire she would get from the trumpets? And maybe she is also just fucking done. I would be.

I am normally a very happy and optimistic person, and the Drumpf results have put me through the stages of grief. I have never experienced anything like this before with an election (I am a German citizen living in the US and was not allowed to vote). I have no solution or thinking about this other than I do not like the orange guy and developments as they shape up so far at all. If he should resign or get impeached, I would also not like Pence. I guess I just don't like the Republicans a lot :pirate: I hope we all come out of this alive.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options

Not sure if Hills would be a good thing in the end, but I think if stuff looks suspicious, they should look into it. She is not actively asking for any recounts as far as I can see, maybe she knows what fire she would get from the trumpets? And maybe she is also just fucking done. I would be.

I am normally a very happy and optimistic person, and the Drumpf results have put me through the stages of grief. I have never experienced anything like this before with an election (I am a German citizen living in the US and was not allowed to vote). I have no solution or thinking about this other than I do not like the orange guy and developments as they shape up so far at all. If he should resign or get impeached, I would also not like Pence. I guess I just don't like the Republicans a lot :pirate: I hope we all come out of this alive.

Good points.
  • Options
    Yes

If you feel something is not right, please act.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Soros just logged off. Clinton won Illinois.
  • Options

i don't think you read my post. i never said his answer at the debate was wrong. it wasn't. it was fine. i was saying the only reason he was asked that question in the first place was because of his constant cries of the election being rigged. i was talking about the fact that he was crying wolf before the vote.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    vaggar99 said:

If you feel something is not right, please act.
    I am and I will.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916

"...I changed by not changing at all..."