Options

What do we want next... Lost Dogs 2 or Studio 11

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817

Tiki said:

The album should be called Eleven

Nah. Call it Stonehenge.

And these 2 are not mutually exclusive. They could both be done same year since 1 really only requires mixing and stuff and not the whole band writing and creating. If enough Lost Dogs stuff even exists.
    shit, didn't lost dogs and live at MSG dvd set come out the same DAY? and only a year (nearly to the day) after the release of Riot Act.

Those were fruitful years.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    I wouldn't mind a lost dogs 2 to tide me over until Studio 11. Given that they haven't started recording a new album yet it could be a while before we see it. It probably wouldn't take much effort to put out a lost dogs 2 to bridge the gap :)
  • Options
    and with soundgarden probably releasing their next album next year, then a tour, the next PJ will be like the next Tool record.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i couldn't even begin to ask for anything more from this band. they have already given me so much. i don't need anything and everything i have received already is a gift. this attitude change happened to me over 10 years ago with this band. it's been a great ride and i'm just super grateful to the point of feeling amazingly blessed. telluride was a major gift among many many others.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    Studio 11!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    "Anything, but play it loud, ok!?!"
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options

i couldn't even begin to ask for anything more from this band. they have already given me so much. i don't need anything and everything i have received already is a gift. this attitude change happened to me over 10 years ago with this band. it's been a great ride and i'm just super grateful to the point of feeling amazingly blessed. telluride was a major gift among many many others.

Get a room.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Lost Dogs II. There are already a lot of leaked/bootlegged songs out there that would sound great together (there's a cool Lost Dogs songs thread on here somewhere). And like people have already said, it would be a quicker release than waiting for a new record.

Also, it may be the only time a studio version of Of The Earth fits into an album...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846

Get a room.
    Exactly
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Studio...not sure I'm interested in hearing the stuff that wasn't good enough to get on these past albums.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

Studio...not sure I'm interested in hearing the stuff that wasn't good enough to get on these past albums.

This 100%
    Next thing you know we are back to TOTD.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846

great point and I couldn't agree more.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    New music, not even debatable.
  • Options
    I think they've given us most of what they have in lurking in the archives. I wouldn't expect there's much left to fill a Lost Dogs 2. Bring on Eleven. And while we're waiting, let's get Eddie's missing Out of the Furnace soundtrack out.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Studio for sure
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    acost016acost016 SF Posts: 40
    Lost Dogs 2! I wanna hear EV in his prime doing some strange tunes during the Vitalogy-Yield era.
  • Options
    acost016 said:

Lost Dogs 2! I wanna hear EV in his prime doing some strange tunes during the Vitalogy-Yield era.

Wasn't the Vitalogy-Yield era covered with the original Lost Dogs?
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300

acost016 said:

Wasn't the Vitalogy-Yield era covered with the original Lost Dogs?
    Not everything, but no guarantee he wouldn't re-record his vocals like lost dogs 1
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options

This 100%
    Yeah, because Lost Dogs was all the worst songs they had. Gimme a break.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    There are songs that should never have made it to the public ear.
    Lost Dogs is not Pearl Jam.
    Neither is TOTD.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532

^^^
    Neither is TOTD.

How is Lost Dogs not Pearl Jam? It is an album with music written and performed by Pearl Jam.
  • Options

^^^
    Neither is TOTD.

How is Lost Dogs not Pearl Jam? It is an album with music written and performed by Pearl Jam.
    Who wants the next vault to be Lost Dogs songs?
    Raise your hands.
  • Options

^^^
    Neither is TOTD.

Who wants the next vault to be Lost Dogs songs?
    Raise your hands.
    I wouldn't complain.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Studio album

In the mean time, I would love a new EV solo album.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

^^^
    Neither is TOTD.

you know, my dad claims the same shit. "if it was unreleased, it was unreleased for a reason". yeah, the reason is that some tracks, sometimes the best tracks, are left off an album because they simply don't fit within the confines of the sound of the rest of the record. many believe that their b-sides are some of their best work. as Ed said in the liner notes "one of these things is not like the other".

lost dogs is not pearl jam? funny, their band name is written on the spine of my cd. who is it on yours?

who ever claimed TOTD to be pearl jam?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    definitely a studio record
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I'd be happy with them releasing all the holiday singles in one package--a 10- or 12"-format set cut at 45.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    A good studio album
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Get a room.

lol...i would kiss them all on the lips if i could...and i'm a guy...juss saying....

• Options

This 100%
    Yeah, because Lost Dogs was all the worst songs they had. Gimme a break.

They weren't gems, heres the previously unreleased/noncirculating songs:

All night
    Hitchhiker
    In the moonlight
    Don't gimme no lip
    Sweet lew
    4 20 02
    Hold on

Nothing in that pile blew my mind.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg