Options

Computer Scientists urge Clinton to challenge results based on results of electronic voting machines

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,875
    A big part of me believes this is crazy and far-fetched, but it is also the part of me that believed Trump couldn't win, so...yeah. Take that for what it's worth.

This would explain the almost inexplicable gap between popular and electoral vote totals we are seeing. More than 2 million more votes for Clinton as of this morning.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JimmyV said:

A big part of me believes this is crazy and far-fetched, but it is also the part of me that believed Trump couldn't win, so...yeah. Take that for what it's worth.

This would explain the almost inexplicable gap between popular and electoral vote totals we are seeing. More than 2 million more votes for Clinton as of this morning.

The simple explanation for the popular vote is Cal, where Hilliary won by 3.3M with La county making up 1.3M of the difference. If you believe that voters on both sides don't stay home because the foregone conclusion, then question is: should California decide who the president is?
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Nope rural America should decide who is president because they are much more in tune with reality.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i have a feeling Valdimir Putin just decided the election...
  • Options
    my2hands said:

i have a feeling Valdimir Putin just decided the election...

I think he will decide it on December 19th.
  • Options
    Neither California nor rural America alone should decide the election. Nor should just the Midwest or the Deep South. This is why I have no problem with the Electoral College. At the same time, we've never seen this kind of split between the popular and electoral votes. It raises questions.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    i doubt you could ever prove this but it wouldn't shock me if Trump cheated.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

i doubt you could ever prove this but it wouldn't shock me if Trump cheated.

Project veritas already proved the cheating
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    It is definitely odd that the electoral map went the way that the polls expected except for PA, WI, MI

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

The simple explanation for the popular vote is Cal, where Hilliary won by 3.3M with La county making up 1.3M of the difference. If you believe that voters on both sides don't stay home because the foregone conclusion, then question is: should California decide who the president is?
    Same as every other election though right?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    haha questioning the election and accusing it of fraud...i thought that was only a Republican thing to do :confused:
  • Options
    Nothing these computer scientists are suggesting is anything the campaign shouldn't have noticed themselves. Given the well-known threat of hacking going into election day, wouldn't someone on staff be checking to see if Clinton was underperforming in precincts using electronic voting machines? Audit the vote, sure, but this does feel like a bit of a reach.

• Options

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

I'm not sure, haven't looked up the historical popular vote data.
    Yes I do realize that typically the union does vote in accordance with Cali.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

again ... this is patently false ... california would have no more of an influence than it currently does ... in fact, any other voting system would pretty much reduce california's impact ...
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

ok so my point was that if the democrat historically has roughly the same popular vote advantage in CA then calling that advantage out for this election doesn't fly.

• Options
    I think if possible feasible, a vote audit should be mandatory every 8-10 years, especially with the introduction of electronic machines subject to intrusion.
    I would be all for an audit this year.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

ok so my point was that if the democrat historically has roughly the same popular vote advantage in CA then calling that advantage out for this election doesn't fly.
    I'm guessing Hilliary leads historically but I'm not sure where to find it. What I'm saying is that historically the union of states vote in accordance with Cal, this year, not so much.
  • Options
    Obama had a 3 million vote advantage in CA in 2012
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_California,_2012

Clinton's advantage is currently around 3.5 million but that is only using 83% of the vote.

• Options
    Pennsylvania:

2012 Results: Obama 2,990,274 / Romney 2,680,434 = Total 5,670,708

2016 Results: Clinton 2,844,705 / Trump 2,912,941 = Total 5,757,646

• Options

Pennsylvania:

2012 Results: Obama 2,990,274 / Romney 2,680,434 = Total 5,670,708

2016 Results: Clinton 2,844,705 / Trump 2,912,941 = Total 5,757,646

I was reading an a write up in Forbes about Hilliary huge margins in major cities but it was the suburbs where trump won, especially in pa wis and mich.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,677
    read something the other day that Wi, Mi, and Pa all went for Trump by roughly 1%. 3 MUST win states for him to win. odds of this possibility were said to be huge. Or Yuge if you like. He did say it was rigged, didnt he?.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

read something the other day that Wi, Mi, and Pa all went for Trump by roughly 1%. 3 MUST win states for him to win. odds of this possibility were said to be huge. Or Yuge if you like. He did say it was rigged, didnt he?.

Yeah that's the odd part. Everything kind of fell into place except for those three states.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    edited November 2016

mickeyrat said:

Yeah that's the odd part. Everything kind of fell into place except for those three states.
    and florida
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    wouldn't a precise audit take months to conduct? I think HRC's only hope is the electoral collage magically not standing behind trump. which isn't going to happen.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    FiveThirtyEight: Demographics, Not Hacking, Explain The Election Results

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/demographics-not-hacking-explain-the-election-results/

• Options
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/three-swing-states-were-possibly-hacked-during-election-activists-urge-hillary-clinton-to-challenge-results/ar-AAkFW2R?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp
    Ms Clinton has made no indication she would challenge the results and the White House is intent on a smooth transition.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited November 2016
    Poor Clinton news network. They just will never get over this loss.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited November 2016
    Hey, I am a fan of truth. If there was some kind of election fraud or foul play, then it should be thoroughly investigated. I think that well-founded suspicions, even if they may be proven false, are worth an audit. If everything is on the up and up, then there isn't anything to worry about, right? That's why I don't see why anyone would mock calls for an audit (talking to you Free). I would be saying the same if Hillary had won with the same results (combined with the warnings that we heard for weeks from many different players that there could be election interference). I'm saying this without having looked into the reasons why some think there might have been tampering. I do recall reading from various sources that the election was at risk from hackers and various other political activists, etc. I have no clue whether or not they actually did something. I would certainly be interested to see the results of an in depth audit, if only because there apparently hasn't been one for a long time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^^
    It's sad.