Options

Dem Party

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited June 2017
    True progressive democrats killing any chance of single payer nationally...instead its RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!
    Bought and paid for by health ins companies and big pharma! If it cant pass Cali it cant pass anywhere!!!
    Remind me again which state Hillary garnered the most votes?

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/27/california-scheming-democrats-betray-single-payer-again/

Nothing better illustrates the political bankruptcy of the Democratic Party—for all progressive intents and purposes—than California State Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon’s announcement on Friday afternoon that he was going to put a “hold” on the single-payer health care bill (SB 562) for the state, effectively killing its passage for at least the year.

The Democratic Party finds itself in a bind in California. They hold the governorship and a supermajority in both houses of the legislature, so they can pass any bill they want. SB 562 had passed the Senate 23-14.

There was enormous enthusiasm among California progressive activists, who, with organizations like Campaign for a Healthy California (CHC,) and  the National Nurses United (NNU,) and the California Nurses Association (CNA) were working tirelessly, and hopeful of success.

Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options

.............Thus unfolds the typical Democratic strategy: Make all kinds of progressive noises and cast all kinds of progressive votes, while carefully managing the process so that the legislation the putatively progressives putatively support never gets enacted. Usually, they blame Republican obstructionism, and there certainly is enough of that, and where there is, it provides a convenient way for Democrat legislator to “support” legislation they know will be blocked and wouldn’t really enact themselves if they could.

In the California case, the dissembling is obvious. The Republicans can’t be blamed. The only thing standing in the way of single-payer in California is the Democratic Party. As it was on the national level in 2009, when Obama and the Democrats could have passed any healthcare bill they wanted, just as they passed the Republican-inspired, gift to the for-profit health insurance industry, the ACA—without a single Republican vote. It was true-believing capitalist Democrats like Max Baucus, led by Obama and his sidekick Rahm Emanuel (who called leftists “fucking retarded”) who arrested single-payer activists (including doctors) in order to prevent single-payer from even being considered. It was they who strong-armed reluctant Democratic legislators, who had signed an oath not to do so, into passing a bill that leaves 28 million Americans without health insurance, and forces the rest into plans whose premiums rise and networks of coverage shrink every year.

• Options
    Climbing on a mountain
    Floating out on the sea
    Far from lights of a city
    The elements, they speak to me

Whispering that life
    Existed long before greed
    Balancing the world
    On its knee

Don't see some men as 1/2 empty
    See them 1/2 full of shit
    Thinking that we're all but slaves
    There ain't gonna be

No middle anymore
    It's been said before
    The haves be having more
    Yet still bored

Won't someone save?
    Won't someone save...
    The world?

As it was on the national level in 2009, when Obama and the Democrats could have passed any healthcare bill they wanted, just as they passed the Republican-inspired, gift to the for-profit health insurance industry, the ACA—without a single Republican vote.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    rgambs said:
    Came across this, haven't had a chance to read it yet. While Trump Was Dominating In Deep-Red Oklahoma, This Democrat Won A Landslide Now Joe Maxwell is urging his party not to give up on rural America. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democratic-party-future-rural_us_58b7089ee4b019d36d0fecb4?
    That was actually a great article! I've said it time and time again, the democrat's that ignore or give the finger to rural America are bound for failure. The "fuck those rednecks" mentality that I have seen from a lot of liberals (including a few here) is not going to help you win their vote...but will instead just create rallied opposition.
    I live deep in the ruralz, and I say fuck those rednecks all the time lol
    So do I, but I generally direct it towards specific individuals, not entire demographics of voters.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    JC29856 said:
    True progressive democrats killing any chance of single payer nationally...instead its RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!
    Bought and paid for by health ins companies and big pharma! If it cant pass Cali it cant pass anywhere!!!

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/27/california-scheming-democrats-betray-single-payer-again/

Nothing better illustrates the political bankruptcy of the Democratic Party—for all progressive intents and purposes—than California State Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon’s announcement on Friday afternoon that he was going to put a “hold” on the single-payer health care bill (SB 562) for the state, effectively killing its passage for at least the year.

The Democratic Party finds itself in a bind in California. They hold the governorship and a supermajority in both houses of the legislature, so they can pass any bill they want. SB 562 had passed the Senate 23-14.

There was enormous enthusiasm among California progressive activists, who, with organizations like Campaign for a Healthy California (CHC,) and  the National Nurses United (NNU,) and the California Nurses Association (CNA) were working tirelessly, and hopeful of success.

Meanwhile, right leaning states continue to lead the way in health care cost reduction, access, and quality with their innovative policies.

2016 data, couldn't get the pictures to embed so nicely, but not much has changed

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:

Meanwhile, right leaning states continue to lead the way in health care cost reduction, access, and quality with their innovative policies.

2016 data, couldn't get the pictures to embed so nicely, but not much has changed

it's all about the stache!
  • Options
    iron stache is the Democratic party gravy train...all aboard! but what does he stand for?
  • Options
    California progressives.

California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon shelved for the year SB562, which intends to establish a state single payer health care system, he’s been subject to mass protests and even death threats. The bill’s chief backers, including the California Nurses Association and the Bernie Sanders-affiliated Our Revolution, angrily point to Rendon as the main roadblock to truly universal health care.

They’re completely wrong. What’s more, they know they’re wrong. They’re perfectly aware that SB562 is a shell bill that cannot become law without a ballot measure approved by voters. Rather than committing to raising the millions of dollars that would be needed to overcome special interests and pass that initiative, they would, apparently, rather deceive their supporters, hiding the realities of California’s woeful political structure in favor of a morality play designed to advance careers and aggrandize power.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/30/california-single-payer-organizers-are-deceiving-their-supporters-its-time-to-stop/
  • Options
  • Options
    Tremor Christ! 

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/340732-dems-try-new-slogan-have-you-seen-the-other-guys?

Democrats 2018
    "Rigging the primary is so 2016"
    or
    Democrats 2018
    "but...but the debate questions"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    What about democrats that don't want single payer?  Am I a sellout?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    not at all. likely a sell out due to your position on political contributions, dark money, and corporations = humans. 
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    not at all. likely a sell out due to your position on political contributions, dark money, and corporations = humans. 
    So, were you with Bernie, or that person popular with many PJ fans that sat at the same table as Flynn and Putin?  I can't really tell, and I'm not reading more than one page of your comments.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You think you know something about my positions, but yet you know nothing.  Second, evidently you have your own little litmus test on what makes a Democrat.  This is quite interesting because your pre and post election posts seem to be more Trumpist in nature.  Although I suspect you are truly a Leninist...You are against anything/anyone in power.  Perhaps you are just "against" in perpetuity.  

So tell me the litmus test... how many boxes do I have to check before I'm a Democrat?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You think you know something about my positions, but yet you know nothing.  Second, evidently you have your own little litmus test on what makes a Democrat.  This is quite interesting because your pre and post election posts seem to be more Trumpist in nature.  Although I suspect you are truly a Leninist...You are against anything/anyone in power.  Perhaps you are just "against" in perpetuity.  

So tell me the litmus test... how many boxes do I have to check before I'm a Democrat?  
    my bad, must have you confused with someone else.
    not sure where your getting litmus tests from but it's obvious from Cal democrats that they only put forth single payer so it would be vetoed by republicans. now that they have full control they squash single payer as directed by their corporate paymasters. disingenuous to their constituents loyal to $.
    btw...I didn't accuse of you being a Democrat.
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So, were you with Bernie, or that person popular with many PJ fans that sat at the same table as Flynn and Putin?  I can't really tell, and I'm not reading more than one page of your comments.
    was never a huge Bernie fan, pegged him as a sellout long before his presidential run. speaking of litmus tests, a good litmus test for any politician is their position or better yet, changing position on Israel Palestine.
    I was hard core ABC from day 1. I would have voted a dead carcass before Hillary. I supported Jill Stein up until a few weeks before the election.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Free said:
    It's worth listening to, or watching Cornell West on Democracy Now talking about the state of the party. His statement was along the lines of, preaching about moral superiority while privatizing based on who puts money in Democrats' pockets, using the military to resolve crises as a first choice, and suppressing political dissidents shows hypocrisy and portrays a morally bankrupt party. There was much more meaningful detail that I think everyone on here would find interesting and valid.
    I saw that too, pretty interesting. http://m.democracynow.org/stories/16878
    Both Bernie & Dr West are 100% correct... 
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    was never a huge Bernie fan, pegged him as a sellout long before his presidential run. speaking of litmus tests, a good litmus test for any politician is their position or better yet, changing position on Israel Palestine.
    I was hard core ABC from day 1. I would have voted a dead carcass before Hillary. I supported Jill Stein up until a few weeks before the election.
    That's great.  Who did you vote for then?

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That's great.  Who did you vote for then?

Carlin!

https://youtu.be/cKUaqFzZLxU
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Good for you for being anyone but Clinton.  Now we have Trump and a complete crony administration.  Good thinking there Mr. Liberal.  Since you support single payer, do you think we're closer to that today than we were in Oct '16?  Do you think Trump is more likely to support and push for that or Trump?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Good for you for being anyone but Clinton.  Now we have Trump and a complete crony administration.  Good thinking there Mr. Liberal.  
    For months I posted just how flawed your candidate was, long before most knew the name podesta, or obsessed over leaks and hacks.
    Who are the next leaders in the party now? Booker, Harris, Cuomo?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Good for you for being anyone but Clinton.  Now we have Trump and a complete crony administration.  Good thinking there Mr. Liberal.  
    For months I posted just how flawed your candidate was, long before most knew the name podesta, or obsessed over leaks and hacks.
    No one argued that she was the best possibole candidate.  The question is who is the better choice in the general.  Not voting for Clinton is the same as voting for Trump if done by a Democrat.  Since you are in PA, you hold some level of responsibility for the chaos, drama and regressive policies in place today.  Like I posted above.. if you like single payer, well then you're further away today than you were 8 months ago.  Cut off your nose to spite your face perhaps?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    most. qualified. candidate. ever.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No one argued that she was the best possibole candidate.  The question is who is the better choice in the general.  Not voting for Clinton is the same as voting for Trump if done by a Democrat.  Since you are in PA, you hold some level of responsibility for the chaos, drama and regressive policies in place today.  Like I posted above.. if you like single payer, well then you're further away today than you were 8 months ago.  Cut off your nose to spite your face perhaps?
    I actually voted trump in a vote swap. As dumb as I am, I'm smart enough to know that money in politics will never let single payer happen. If California democrats won't allow for a public option, no way, never we will see single payer nationally.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I actually voted trump in a vote swap. As dumb as I am, I'm smart enough to know that money in politics will never let single payer happen. If California democrats won't allow for a public option, no way, never we will see single payer nationally.
    Okay so I guess you are anti-choice, anti-EPA, anti-LBGT among other things too.  You must be to do a "vote swap" with someone which makes no fucking sense in the world.  
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Why do you care?  You'll probably just vote for a conservative trainwreck because the Den candidate doesn't meet your radical standards anyways.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Why do you care?  You'll probably just vote for a conservative trainwreck because the Den candidate doesn't meet your radical standards anyways.
    Exactly... Leninist...