Nando Reis - Jardim Pomar album featuring Mike McCready on Pra Onde Foi

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
@ Barrett Martin

Hey Folks, I'm pleased to announce that the album I produced in Brazil earlier this year has just come out! Nando Reis has just released a Brazilian/American rock epic titled, "Jardim-Pomar." The album features Peter Buck (REM) playing 12 string electric on the song "Inimitavel", Mike McCready (Pearl Jam/Levee Walkers) doing the guitar solos on "Pra Onde Foi", Skerik (Mad Season) did the horn arrangements on several songs, and Andrew Joslyn did some beautiful string arrangements. I produced the album and played drums, and my good friend Jack Endino mixed the whole thing. Its a very adventurous album that showcases the collaboration between some truly great Brazilian and American musicians. Check out the album on iTunes below - you can preview every song. Thank you! Barrett

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/jardim-pomar/id1168085649

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Shaka! :hang_loose:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Bump! :)
    Nando Reis - Pra Onde Foi? (Jardim-Pomar) with Mike McCready on guitar solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSQZXvavl48
    :star::clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

I'm extremely honored to announce my first Latin Grammy nomination as a producer for the album by Brazilian artist Nando Reis, which I produced with my brother Jack Endino. Nando's album "Jardim-Pomar" has been nominated for 2 Latin Grammys: Best Brazilian Rock Album, and Best Brazilian Song. Huge congratulations to Nando and the Infernais Band! @nandoreis

Congrats Barrett! :bow:
    Barrett Martin

So this showed up on my doorstep today, the same day we started overdubs on the next BMG album. I like that this was delivered by Fed Ex, rather modestly in a box, as we worked in my studio. Because that is how it should be - you should work extremely hard for your art, and if an award comes, then great! But I wasn't in a tux or even a suit when this arrived, I was in my "work sweater." But I have to say, in all honesty, it is a great honor to win a Latin Grammy for producing (with my buddy Jack Endino) the superb album by Nando Reis “Jardim-Pomar”, which won for Best Brazilian Rock Album. So many people have to work together like a professional baseball team to win a Grammy, starting with Nando’s incredible songwriting skills, to his amazing musicians, to the producers, the engineers, and everyone on the deep bench that makes an album a “Best Album” contender. So I am honored, and I am thankful, and I love my wife, and I love this musical life I have been given. And thank you all for supporting me and my various musical and literary endeavors over the years. I appreciate it more than you can know. And now, I have to get back to work as there are more songs to be finished... Love, Barrett

:clap: