Options

Trump Economics

Meant as a discussion solely on the economy, and trying to separate the social issues and what we think of him personally - what do we think? as proposed it seems to align with Reagonomics, which personally I am not sure that as a whole this current economy will react positively to. His tax plan is somewhat in line with what Congress wants to do, so there will be changes made. Do we think his proposals will have a good effect top to bottom? Understanding that whatever changes are made may not be realized for awhile (as one could argue that the effects of Reagonomics are still seen today). What do we think?

Comments

• Options
    BH304897BH304897 Posts: 137
    I don't think our president elect has any concrete plans at all for our economy. I think we need to see who he finds for his cabinet and see where their economic agendas are.

I think currently he's in way over his head because at this point he fails to see the correlation between the economy, free trade, peace treaties, sanctions, military, you name it. Hopefully he'll get someone in the fold that can rationalize with him and has experience in economic and foreign policy.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016
    BH304897 said:

I don't think our president elect has any concrete plans at all for our economy. I think we need to see who he finds for his cabinet and see where their economic agendas are.

I think currently he's in way over his head because at this point he fails to see the correlation between the economy, free trade, peace treaties, sanctions, military, you name it. Hopefully he'll get someone in the fold that can rationalize with him and has experience in economic and foreign policy.

It's also going to be interesting to see how much influence the lobbyists have in the "anti-establishment" administration. His transition team is full of Washington insiders and his cabinet will likely be filled with the same. It's possible with his lack of many solid plans, that he will be influenced by lobbyists even more than previous administrations. Ironic.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    edited November 2016
    Anyone read his first 100 days plan? There's a lot in there that hopefully gets rejected or corrected. NPR ran a pretty decent article about how likely it was for him to implement his plan.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    tbergs said:

Anyone read his first 100 days plan? There's a lot in there that hopefully gets rejected or corrected. NPR ran a pretty decent article about how likely it was for him to implement his plan.

I read that. Jesus H, talk about big government and blowing up the deficit. And all the republicans will applaud.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    I'm all for an infrastructure bill...the GOP tends to reject anything good while a dem can get credit. Then when they get power they pass the shit and take the credit.

Obama has been asking for infrastructure spending for a long time.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216

tbergs said:

I read that. Jesus H, talk about big government and blowing up the deficit. And all the republicans will applaud.
    His tax plan alone should have cost him the votes he received in all the swing states. The rich will continue to get richer.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

tbergs said:

Another glaring sign of our education system being broken. People voting against their own interests. When did educated become a bad word?
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Meant as a discussion solely on the economy, and trying to separate the social issues and what we think of him personally - what do we think? as proposed it seems to align with Reagonomics, which personally I am not sure that as a whole this current economy will react positively to. His tax plan is somewhat in line with what Congress wants to do, so there will be changes made. Do we think his proposals will have a good effect top to bottom? Understanding that whatever changes are made may not be realized for awhile (as one could argue that the effects of Reagonomics are still seen today). What do we think?

Depending on which tax calculator you choose, my family will save somewhere in the neighborhood of $40-$110 thousand in taxes over the next four years. It will be nice to be able to keep money that my wife and I have earned as opposed to being forced to donate large portions of our income to the lazy and inept.

so yeah, I think his monetary policies will work out just fine.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2016
    Please watch this (note: can't stand this host, but this is a very interesting discussion about how capitalism is collapsing and how Trump's win further demonstrates that):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8bf6dbYt4
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Depending on which tax calculator you choose, my family will save somewhere in the neighborhood of $40-$110 thousand in taxes over the next four years. It will be nice to be able to keep money that my wife and I have earned as opposed to being forced to donate large portions of our income to the lazy and inept.

I hope it stays the same so that you have to pay it. Your comments are pretty ignorant and deplorable.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    The Fixer said:

So because you think you'll benefit as an individual that means his policies will work out fine? And are the lazy and inept McDonnel or Douglas?
  • Options

The Fixer said:

So because you think you'll benefit as an individual that means his policies will work out fine? And are the lazy and inept McDonnel or Douglas?
    or Trump? That fucker pays zero tax

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Fixer said:

Lazy and inept?

That comment is lazy and ignorant.
    You pay more than double the amount out of your paycheck to subsidize profitable businesses than you do to feed children, but good on you for hating on the lazy and inept.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016

The Fixer said:

Capitalism: eventual every man for himself!
    Highlighted this Thursday and Friday!
    Post edited by JC29856 on