Adios Amigos!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
Haha! Yes, I laugh so you can laugh too! I have a bad reputation here for saying, "I'm outa here!"

Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal.

I'm only posting this embarrassingly self-centered appearing post so as to give any of you a chance to keep in touch a heads up. If you would like to keep in touch by FB or email or, better yet, by cards and letter, send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing info.

Thanks for all this lively discussion.

Much as this may seem impossible at this point, please try to stop hating each other.

Oh, and please keep the lounge well stocked and the great music there going strong. Thanks!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Love you Brian, I will miss you around here, but I like FB because we can see into each other's lives in a different way.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    After 18,619 posts you are just gonna leave? I don't see it. You would need rehab to kick this habit!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    You will be missed.
    Your insight and opinion was always worth reading.
    You sure you want to opt out?
    Do you have a low member number?
    Might be worth the $20 to keep it active.

Good luck, shalom, and namaste'
    I'm not going anywhere, but my name is Levi Gambs if anybody wants to look me up on the book.
    I am friends with B Lux and Scott Lacey, and it is good to see people's lives and know how many good people are out there keeping their chins up and trucking along. B shares awesome posts and petitions and Scott has a hell of a beautiful family.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    rgambs said:

Love you Brian, I will miss you around here, but I like FB because we can see into each other's lives in a different way.

Thank you Gambs. Yes, I feel the same way! Love to you too!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

You will be missed.
    Your insight and opinion was always worth reading.
    You sure you want to opt out?
    Do you have a low member number?
    Might be worth the $20 to keep it active.

Good luck, shalom, and namaste'

Thanks for kind words Bentlyspop.

Peace.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    That's too bad Brian. How come you're not renewing? Not using your membership benefits enough for it to be worth it?
    See you on FB. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    You'll be missed, Brian! The Train's Lounge Car will remain your legacy. Hope you decide to come back after a brief hiatus.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No matter differing views, always wishing you well, B (and...mind at peace within yourself).
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

That's too bad Brian. How come you're not renewing? Not using your membership benefits enough for it to be worth it?

I'm not renewing because a) I don't follow the band or listen to them much these days and b) (especially b) I can't read any more of this hate talk between the two sides. I'm becoming part of the problem, not part of the solution. And I think we will end up in civil war. I can't deal with that. I'm too old to fight.

Yes, keep in touch on FB!

jeffbr said:

You'll be missed, Brian! The Train's Lounge Car will remain your legacy. Hope you decide to come back after a brief hiatus.

Thank you Jeff, good man.

Peace.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Good riddance. Your thread that's now been closed was full of hate and started with you. Get over yourself, you're not that important.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

Good riddance. Your thread that's now been closed was full of hate and started with you. Get over yourself, you're not that important.

Classy post!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited November 2016
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm not renewing because a) I don't follow the band or listen to them much these days and b) (especially b) I can't read any more of this hate talk between the two sides. I'm becoming part of the problem, not part of the solution. And I think we will end up in civil war. I can't deal with that. I'm too old to fight.

I'm not on fb (I'm not a 10 year old girl) but don't you read the hate there? Are you quiting fb too?

Regardless I've read your posts on here for years and overall you seem like a very solid person. Good luck to you.
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    hedonist said:

No matter differing views, always wishing you well, B (and...mind at peace within yourself).

Thanks, Hedo.

Peace.

Wma31394 said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm not on fb (I'm not a 10 year old girl) but don't you read the hate there? Are you quiting fb too?

Regardless I've read your bs on here for years and overall you seem like a very solid person. Good luck to you.
    We're not 10 year old girls either. :confused:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Wma31394 said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Regardless I've read your bs on here for years and overall you seem like a very solid person. Good luck to you.
    I only read FB because some people I know only keep in touch that way. That kind of sucks but, oh well.

Thanks for calling my stuff bs. Cute.

Haha! Mmmmmmwha! Love to you too.

Perhaps you would have been better off waiting until the day your membership actually expires before posting this Brian. :lol:;)
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    brianlux said:

Wma31394 said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

I only read FB because some people I know only keep in touch that way. That kind of sucks but, oh well.

Thanks for calling my stuff bs. Cute.
    Haha sorry I didn't mean it that way i just meant I read your posts..ill revise.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Wasn't a fan of your post that was closed either, but i understand the anger...i let emotions get the best of myself as well... when Trump won and with the help of a good buzz came on here and posted with glee that HRC lost...then it sunk it that this was one of the worst campaign seasons i have ever seen and did anyone actually win?

best of luck to you i was more an observer over the years on the AMT and just started to participate the past year or so on here so didn't get to interact much, but i sincerity wish the best to you and anyone on here really regardless of political views
  • Brian, I'm sorry that there is not enough comic relief to balance this forum. For some reason, Jason P decided to join the dark (serious) side of AMT and although people are doubling their efforts (thank you Bentleyspop and smellyman), AMT may never recover. I'm sorry we failed you Brian, you will be missed. Please reconsider. Remember National Tequila Day to kept it holy.
    pjalive21 said:

Wasn't a fan of your post that was closed either, but i understand the anger...i let emotions get the best of myself as well... when Trump won and with the help of a good buzz came on here and posted with glee that HRC lost...then it sunk it that this was one of the worst campaign seasons i have ever seen and did anyone actually win?

best of luck to you i was more an observer over the years on the AMT and just started to participate the past year or so on here so didn't get to interact much, but i sincerity wish the best to you and anyone on here really regardless of political views

Thanks so much, pjalive. I appreciate your sincere thoughts. Best to you, man.

Brian, I'm sorry that there is not enough comic relief to balance this forum. For some reason, Jason P decided to join the dark (serious) side of AMT and although people are doubling their efforts (thank you Bentleyspop and smellyman), AMT may never recover. I'm sorry we failed you Brian, you will be missed. Please reconsider. Remember National Tequila Day to kept it holy.

Thanks so much, OSG. You're awesome. None of you failed me- certainly not you- I failed myself. I've lost hope, become bitter and am tired and must retreat.

Peace and love.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul said:

Wma31394 said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

We're not 10 year old girls either. :confused:
    lol
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    brianlux said:

Haha! Yes, I laugh so you can laugh too! I have a bad reputation here for saying, "I'm outa here!"

Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal.

I'm only posting this embarrassingly self-centered appearing post so as to give any of you a chance to keep in touch a heads up. If you would like to keep in touch by FB or email or, better yet, by cards and letter, send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing info.

Thanks for all this lively discussion.

Much as this may seem impossible at this point, please try to stop hating each other.

Oh, and please keep the lounge well stocked and the great music there going strong. Thanks!

Best of luck ... you're positive input and outlook will be missed around here, especially in some great discussions...

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Brian,
    I will seeya on FB, my friend.
    Hang in there.
    Like Lennon said "Nobody Told me there'd be days like these, Strange Days Indeed!"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Brian, you come off as a well rounded educated man who writes exceptional. I say stay and fight the good fight.
    Mike
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Brian, you come off as a well rounded educated man who writes exceptional. I say stay and fight the good fight.
    Mike

I agree - I suggest staying and fighting the good fight too. :)