Who's The Fear Mongerer Now?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2016

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

come to find out the Deplorables are liberals and democrats...burning the flag and once again rioting...i think we need to fear you more than we need to fear anyone who voted Trump

these sore losers are no different than the people they accused of being deplorable

no offense but that is just an idiotic sentiment. so people protesting against a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter are as bad as...racists, sexists and sexual assaulters?

and to be fair I think the protesters are losers. we live in a democratic society and everyone has the right the vote. sometimes in a democracy a vote doesn't go your way. you have to live with those consequences if you live and support the democratic process. unfortunately and sadly people don't mind a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter (among so many other things) in the highest office.
    I obviously dont know what hardcore Trump followers would have done if he lost, but i have a feeling it would not have been at the levels we saw last night

its coming to the point where people will find any reason to cause chaos
    Where's all this chaos & rioting you're referencing?

Oakland's protest got out of hand from what I heard, but beyond that the protests in 25 cities were fairly peaceful. Yes, dozens of arrests were reported, but that hardly constitutes chaos.
    Seems like healthy protest to me. So funny that while Trump was running all his supporters were talking about bearing arms if Clinton won, blah blah, talking about making America great again, and now they are all acting like people should just sit down and shut up as though they don't have right or reason to demonstrate their dismay and opposition about a rapist and thief being POTUS.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

come to find out the Deplorables are liberals and democrats...burning the flag and once again rioting...i think we need to fear you more than we need to fear anyone who voted Trump

these sore losers are no different than the people they accused of being deplorable

no offense but that is just an idiotic sentiment. so people protesting against a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter are as bad as...racists, sexists and sexual assaulters?

and to be fair I think the protesters are losers. we live in a democratic society and everyone has the right the vote. sometimes in a democracy a vote doesn't go your way. you have to live with those consequences if you live and support the democratic process. unfortunately and sadly people don't mind a racist, sexist, admitted sexual assaulter (among so many other things) in the highest office.
    I obviously dont know what hardcore Trump followers would have done if he lost, but i have a feeling it would not have been at the levels we saw last night

Oakland's protest got out of hand from what I heard, but beyond that the protests in 25 cities were fairly peaceful. Yes, dozens of arrests were reported, but that hardly constitutes chaos.
    The fear mongering is being done by those exaggerating the protests as chaos. There's nothing wrong with peaceful protest in the face of oppression and elimination of human rights. I suppose some on here would have made the same comments during desegregation.

Just deal with it people, no big deal! Says the white straight male population.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    tbergs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

The fear mongering is being done by those exaggerating the protests as chaos. There's nothing wrong with peaceful protest in the face of oppression and elimination of human rights. I suppose some on here would have made the same comments during desegregation.

Right? The only people I see acting like people should shut up and accept it without making any noise are the ones who are not among the many groups whose rights and freedoms are under threat by Trump and all the other wackos who now control the GOP. But the second these folks saying shut up have their own freedoms and rights as a group threatened, the reaction would be strong and immediate.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:

tbergs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

Right? The only people I see acting like people should shut up and accept it without making any noise are the ones who are not among the many groups whose rights and freedoms are under threat by Trump and all the other wackos who now control the GOP. But the second these folks saying shut up have their own freedoms and rights as a group threatened, the reaction would be strong and immediate.
    Exactly. All you gotta do is say the words "gun control" and watch them go fucking apeshit!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Hillary wins: "Trump supporters will take to the streets and start a revolution!"
    Trump wins: "whoa whoa whoa, what's with all these protesters?"
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

Seems like healthy protest to me. So funny that while Trump was running all his supporters were talking about bearing arms if Clinton won, blah blah, talking about making America great again, and now they are all acting like people should just sit down and shut up as though they don't have right or reason to demonstrate their dismay and opposition about a rapist and thief being POTUS.
    tbergs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

Exactly.

Trump said he would ONLY accept the results of the election if he won.

Several republicans said if Trump lost they would block ANY SCOTUS nominee of Clinton's for the next four years.
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/506081/?client=safari

These are things trump & other Republicans said they would do if Trump lost, but now the democrats are sore losers for protesting, which is their constitutional right?
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

Hardly "all" his supporters. More like less than a tiny fraction of a percent. But the ones the media kept focusing on. I for one doubt any of them would have followed through with it. More of his supporters were upset that Trump was so reluctant to agree to openly go along with the results that threatening to protest themselves.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

tbergs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

Exactly.

Trump said he would ONLY accept the results of the election if he won.

Several republicans said if Trump lost they would block ANY SCOTUS nominee of Clinton's for the next four years.
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/506081/?client=safari

These are things trump & other Republicans said they would do if Trump lost, but now the democrats are sore losers for protesting, which is their constitutional right?
    The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama Trump to be a one-term president.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

Hardly "all" his supporters. More like less than a tiny fraction of a percent. But the ones the media kept focusing on. I for one doubt any of them would have followed through with it. More of his supporters were upset that Trump was so reluctant to agree to openly go along with the results that threatening to protest themselves.
    All speculation. We'll never know thankfully. I think it's fair to say "lock her up" protests would have been all over the place though.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    muskydan said:

lbpeltz said:

I can say with all honesty, that all the Trump supporters I have spoke to are exhilarated from a campaign for the ages which defied the odds at every turn and turned in a stunning Tuesday night performance. Every one of these people is also excited to see if this president can produce some real change in the culture and economic outlook of this nation. There hasn't been a culture of hate, exclusion or vitriol in the least.

Contrary to this, the liberal talking heads and newspapers are pedalling fear, Trump style. Hide your kids, hide your wife, America is doomed. This is an absolute joke. The openmindedness and culture of free expression the many liberals exalt turns to bitter anger when actually confronted with an opinion different from their own. Want to know why the polls were wrong? Because a vast majority of people could not actually admit in public that they were going to vote for Trump because of the social lambasting that would ensue. Is racism dead? No. Is every Trump supporter a racist? No. Is almost every racist a a Trump supporter? Yes. Stop waffling on about the death of this country, start acting like mature adults. Unfortunately, any republican nominee would be anti lgbt and pro-life, and I hope to god this will change someday, but the stark reality is this. You can be pro-life and not be a mysoginist, you can raise issies of race and not be a bigot, you can be against gay marriage and still be a good human. Stop the name calling, proceed forth with rightful skepticism, stop calling America a society of racists and realize that for every one part the president plays in your life, you play 50.

Just remember, 24 hours ago, you were criticizing someone else for not being able to handle the near inevitable truth yet you've morphed into that person today.

Bravo bro!!!!! The truest post I have read on here in quite sometime. Get ready to laugh even harder at all the sore LOSERS and cry Babies on here. I hope you stick around playing on the train. My favorite time to check out the train is When I am performing my mourning glory on the shitter, especially after a night of boozing and late night munchies at Taco Bell...
    No cry babies here and America is not doomed. If this country can survive the the BUSH II years we will just fine through whatever years PE Trump will be around. I was never surprised by the outcome on Tuesday, I've said long ago it was a Republican's turn to be in office just didn't think it would be this Republican. It's rather cool what has happened on Tuesday..... because Republican's have everything they need to make ALL the CHANGE they want to make in the coming years. They have control ALL three branches of government and will eventually have control of the Supreme Court which will last loooong after PE Trump is gone.

There should never any complaints of obstructions of any kind because they now have all the power and control they need to make their changes. Just a reminder though the last time our country's government had this control was in 2000 under BUSH II and in 8 years this country was in a recession almost as bad as the Great Depression. I wish PE Trump and his cabinet well....no crying here fella.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    tbergs said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

All speculation. We'll never know thankfully. I think it's fair to say "lock her up" protests would have been all over the place though.
    That is probably very true. And the ones protesting "lock her up" would be as clueless as the ones I saw protesting last night.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 496
    Let's get a few things clear.

By the time this is all over, Hillary will have received more votes than Trump. She is currently ahead by about 300k votes and with only 68% of California in the final lead will likely be over a million.

Trump will likely receive less votes overall than Romney or McCain did in their elections. He was able to win the electoral college because Hillary will have received far less votes than Obama not because the other side gained votes. There is not some new untapped groundswell of support for Trump and his ideals but rather a suppression of votes for Hillary. Trump and his ideals are still in the minority in this country and those ideals are in decline.

The fear and anger are direct reactions to the words straight out of Trumps mouth and the type of campaign he ran. Build a wall, ban all muslims, lock her up, grab them by the pussy? how exactly are you supposed to react to those things? Again these ideas and the people that support them are in the MINORITY of this country. So yeah it's a little more than frustrating that they will move forward with an agenda that the majority of the country does not support.
  • Options
    Republicans were LITERALLY calling for acts of civil disobedience should Trump lose, now they're upset that the other side is protesting.

Makes sense.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    She's going to start a fight she won't finish.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    edited November 2016

Republicans were LITERALLY calling for acts of civil disobedience should Trump lose, now they're upset that the other side is protesting.

Makes sense.

Joe Walsh has been fried for about 40 years. I'd be surprised if he remembered yesterday. (I see what I did there)
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    so much childish, fist bumping, masturbation on here today. just like when GWB won his second term. it's really quite disgusting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191 said:

Hillary wins: "Trump supporters will take to the streets and start a revolution!"
    Trump wins: "whoa whoa whoa, what's with all these protesters?"

BANG.

ON.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootleg said:

Let's get a few things clear.

By the time this is all over, Hillary will have received more votes than Trump. She is currently ahead by about 300k votes and with only 68% of California in the final lead will likely be over a million.

Trump will likely receive less votes overall than Romney or McCain did in their elections. He was able to win the electoral college because Hillary will have received far less votes than Obama not because the other side gained votes. There is not some new untapped groundswell of support for Trump and his ideals but rather a suppression of votes for Hillary. Trump and his ideals are still in the minority in this country and those ideals are in decline.

The fear and anger are direct reactions to the words straight out of Trumps mouth and the type of campaign he ran. Build a wall, ban all muslims, lock her up, grab them by the pussy? how exactly are you supposed to react to those things? Again these ideas and the people that support them are in the MINORITY of this country. So yeah it's a little more than frustrating that they will move forward with an agenda that the majority of the country does not support.

someone needs to wake those 48.9% idiots up that didn't vote. maybe they would have voted Trump, maybe Hillary, who knows, but half the country not giving a shit who represents them is sickening.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    You are.

There, I won the argument with two words against your many fact free words. Have fun with Cheney 2.0, klansman.
  • Options
    I guess I'm sick.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlWmCXihec4
  • Options

Makes sense.

He's Rocky Mountain stupid.
  • Options

Makes sense.

He's Rocky Mountain stupid.
    Maybe Ted Nugent and him could start a blue musket balls tour together.
  • Options
    Can we all at least agree on the difference between being a fearmonger - who would prey on the ignorance and emotion of others, and having fear? I, myself, having but a small existence on this earth and thus few means to instill much fear in others. However, I am fearful.

It's really important to me that we acknowledge the difference.
  • Options

Can we all at least agree on the difference between being a fearmonger - who would prey on the ignorance and emotion of others, and having fear? I, myself, having but a small existence on this earth and thus few means to instill much fear in others. However, I am fearful.

It's really important to me that we acknowledge the difference.

Good point. It seems the OP just wanted to incite some anger or doesn't understand the difference.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Makes sense.

The anti-trump protest shooting he linked to is intentionally dishonest. While the protest was going on, in a different part of downtown (in a traditionally shitty block they've tried to clean up) someone shot at people standing in front of a 7-11. Totally unrelated to the protest, but I guess it makes a good headline.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I was one of those 49% who didn't vote. But that's mainly because I moved and forgot to register and missed the deadline. That's my bad and I realize that. Which begs the question, it is 2016...how can we not register and vote online?! C'mon man!
  • Options
    ponytd said:

I was one of those 49% who didn't vote. But that's mainly because I moved and forgot to register and missed the deadline. That's my bad and I realize that. Which begs the question, it is 2016...how can we not register and vote online?! C'mon man!

the fear of rigging.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ponytd said:

There was enough talk of a rigged election with live in person voting. Can you imagine if it went to an online format? Maybe someday we can virtually vote, but it's one of those inherent standards I don't see changing.