Options

Fear & Loathing in Trump's AmeriKKKa

Comments

• Options
    all this talk of the kkk and trump. I wonder who the black panther party supports? there will always be idiots out there. they will align with someone. doesn't make their party a representation of them.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

all this talk of the kkk and trump. I wonder who the black panther party supports? there will always be idiots out there. they will align with someone. doesn't make their party a representation of them.

I understand the denial around racism because it's an ugly element in our society. Trump's policies overlap with what white supremacist groups want to see put in place. He's not directly connected to the klan, but he's carrying out what they want to see happen. There's also a core group of Americans, 15% or so, that you could essentially call bigots or strong xenophobes (some are in AMT), which is how trump got nominated. The 'there will always be idiots out there' is just straight denial, but one of those idiots is about to be president.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849

I understand the denial around racism because it's an ugly element in our society. Trump's policies overlap with what white supremacist groups want to see put in place. He's not directly connected to the klan, but he's carrying out what they want to see happen. There's also a core group of Americans, 15% or so, that you could essentially call bigots or strong xenophobes (some are in AMT), which is how trump got nominated. The 'there will always be idiots out there' is just straight denial, but one of those idiots is about to be president.
    what exactly is trump doing that is racist? he wants to get rid of illegal people and build a wall to defend our southern border.......How is that racist?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

what exactly is trump doing that is racist? he wants to get rid of illegal people and build a wall to defend our southern border.......How is that racist?
    Calling them rapists and murderers was a tad bit racist.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

First of all, people know elements of trump's past which contains blatant racism. Regardless of that, his stance on Muslim immigrants and his immigration plan has a foundation in prejudice and fear. When you tell fearful Americans that you want to stop Muslims from coming into the country, they now have their fear (Muslims are terrorists) confirmed by a person in power. This now gives them permission to act on this. It's the same with Mexicans. Trump is a bigot himself, and he also knows how to manipulate other (as sex offenders often do). He said illegal immigration is a problem worthy of his high level of attention. People that are easily manipulated then followed along, thinking that illegals are now this huge problem. No one needed to define the problem or explain why. Mexicans and Muslims were made the villain of this election by republicans, and people bought into it. They make villains every four years, because when your core world view is that our country is in decline, and things were better in the past, then you need a reason, or target, for that decline. Sometimes this threat is external (Soviet Union & other spooky commies) and sometimes internal (Mexicans, welfare moms, etc.).
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    but how exactly is it racist when talking about people who are here illegally?
    And he has backed off his stance on blocking all muslim emigrating here.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

but how exactly is it racist when talking about people who are here illegally?
    And he has backed off his stance on blocking all muslim emigrating here.

He's attaching something negative to the group and generalizing across the whole group (terrorist, rapists, etc). He's made them a threat that they are not. You and I can dissect trump's words all we want, but it's too late. People who are violent don't do that. They were waiting for the green light, and they got it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

damn right my vote was against someone that should be in prison for having a private email server and compromising national security, amongst the other things wikileaks showed us about her, her campaign, and her foundation

i could have not voted, or went 3rd party and it would have been one step closer to her being in office...no thank you...ill own my vote while you wipe your tears away

i didn't want Obama in office the past 8 years, but i accepted it, i didnt burn down my city or disrespect the flag

alot of these people doing this know the gravy train is OVER!

So, no shame aligning with the KKK on this one?
    that is the worst logic i have ever read from you...a vote for Trump was not a vote for the KKK

Yeah but you voted for Bafoon who is being supported by the KKK so in a way you are on the same team .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Guilt by 7 degrees of separation
    My aunts cousins sisters brother-in-laws step-fathers rabbi is a KKK knightsmen, therefore I'm an honorary member.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

My aunts cousins sisters brother-in-laws step-fathers rabbi is a KKK knightsmen, therefore I'm an honorary member.

Yep you are !
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Yep you are !
    Being a Atlanta Falcon fan I also drown electrocute and torture pitbull puppies.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/us/politics/scott-pruitt-epa-trump.html

great pick for the EPA.
    why don't we just go ahead and torch the sky right now and get it over with.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

damn right my vote was against someone that should be in prison for having a private email server and compromising national security, amongst the other things wikileaks showed us about her, her campaign, and her foundation

i could have not voted, or went 3rd party and it would have been one step closer to her being in office...no thank you...ill own my vote while you wipe your tears away

i didn't want Obama in office the past 8 years, but i accepted it, i didnt burn down my city or disrespect the flag

alot of these people doing this know the gravy train is OVER!

So, no shame aligning with the KKK on this one?
    that is the worst logic i have ever read from you...a vote for Trump was not a vote for the KKK

Yeah but you voted for Bafoon who is being supported by the KKK so in a way you are on the same team .
    Yep, you are the company you keep.

Russian interference - no problem
    Campaign infractions - no problem
    Confessed to sexual assault - no problem
    Ran the Birther movement - no problem
    Said he'd lock up Hillary - no problem
    Endorsed by the KKK - no problem
    Endorsed by American Nazi party - no problem
    Makes fun of the Handicapped- no problem
    Openly racist - no problem
    Many failed businesses - no problem
    No tax returns - no problem
    Doesn't pay taxes - no problem
    Wants to register Muslims in the US - no problem
    Rips off veterans - no problem
    Uses his foundation to pay fines - no problem
    Bribes to avoid prosecution- no problem
    Many lawsuits pending - no problem
    Rips off contractors - no problem
    Outsources all his hotel stuff - no problem
    Employs immigrant labor - no problem
    Chinese steel in construction - no problem
    US bank have blacklisted him - no problem
    Debt carried by Russian mafia - no problem
    Wants to weaken NATO - no problem
    His wife worked in the US illegally - no problem
    Twitter tantrums at the drop of a hat - no problem
    Settles lawsuit but admits no guilt - no problem

Forgive me if I don't give a crap if they feel like they've been conned.

Explains his voters to a T. White male republican does and says things no democrat would get away with so those like pjalive believe he magically gets a pass. If that's not racist white male privilege then Uwe Boll is the best film director ever.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Yep you are !
    Being a Atlanta Falcon fan I also drown electrocute and torture pitbull puppies.

You probably do ..
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Stop the personal comments. Discuss the issue or risk account being read-only.
    Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    1939 person of the year Hitler
    2016 person of the year Trump
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I thought someone made some rule in here about Hitler - trump parallels?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

It wasn't finished...

2006 person of the year You (everybody)
    2008 person of the year Obama
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

It wasn't finished...

What's your point?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

It wasn't finished...

What's your point?
    His point is that there is a parallel between You and Hitler.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

It wasn't finished...

What's your point?
    His point is that there is a parallel between You and Hitler.
    So you're saying there's no point where Hitler and I intersect? AMT compliment.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    everyone's doing it. its also cheaper than the TC
    https://traditionalistamericanknights.com/Application.php
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    time's person of the year has nothing to do with being a good person. just means the most newsworthy person.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited December 2016

time's person of the year has nothing to do with being a good person. just means the most newsworthy person.

"Most noteworthy person" according to Times. It's really just a giant opinion piece that holds no relevance to anything...except selling a shit magazine. I really don't understand why people care who they choose or place any weight in their decision...so goes the generation obsessed with entertainment.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Not sure which makes less sense, the surprise some people have shown to Trump winning TIME's award or the outrage.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

"Most noteworthy person" according to Times. It's really just a giant opinion piece that holds no relevance to anything...except selling a shit magazine. I really don't understand why people care who they choose or place any weight in their decision...so goes the generation obsessed with entertainment.
    Time's been doing it forever, so it's not a generational thing. What I don't like is how it's framed up as "person of the year" which has a positive association, regardless of the article. Your boss doesn't give the office jack-ass employee of the year.