Options

Fear & Loathing in Trump's AmeriKKKa

lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
Watching the election returns last night my thoughts turned to Hunter S Thompson and what he would think of this whole fiasco.
I think he saw it coming with the re-election of Bush Jr. This country was on the fast track to hell.
Too bad we don't have many honest journalist left nowadays to call out this sick celebrity worshipping culture that would let a person like Donald Trump win the POTUS.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Fitting since Depp played him in that Funny Or Die film.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trump says he will quickly move US embassy from tel aviv to Jerusalem.
    Per wolf blitzforher
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    .................sorry but I have to laugh, Obama had his term and the Clinton's they're term and the Dem's are whining about Trump ??? protesting by a bunch of stupid little *&%$#'s who haven't any understanding of the country beyond their own self absorbed want's ....
    burning flags trashing property....yeah a real group of adult's LOL !!

Godfather.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

.................sorry but I have to laugh, Obama had his term and the Clinton's they're term and the Dem's are whining about Trump ??? protesting by a bunch of stupid little *&%$#'s who haven't any understanding of the country beyond their own self absorbed want's ....

Godfather.

some of you are quick to forget he offended every person in this country that isn't white with a penis over the course of the past 18 months...

Mexicans are rapists... deportation... build a wall... blacks live in hell... ban muslims... making fun of people with disabilities... homophobic Pence on his ticket... do I really need to list all of the sleaze bag things he has said to and done to women?

he is a piece of shit bully and i'm glad a lot of America is rejecting him... deny all you want or out your head in the sand, im glad people are out and vocal about this disaster

but of course your a white male so none of this probably bothers you in the least?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Hillary ain't no fucking messiah!!! Clintons are the biggest corrupt family in power in America. Maybe give Tump a chance... if he fucks up then riot like extreme liberals...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PP193448 said:

Hillary ain't no fucking messiah!!! Clintons are the biggest corrupt family in power in America. Maybe give Tump a chance... if he fucks up then riot like extreme liberals...

Nobody said she was.
    It is fact that she wasn't supported by the KKK and other white supremacist groups. It is fact that Trump was.
    David Duke is thrilled with the outcome, I guess you two have that in common?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Godfather.

some of you are quick to forget he offended every person in this country that isn't white with a penis over the course of the past 18 months...

Mexicans are rapists... deportation... build a wall... blacks live in hell... ban muslims... making fun of people with disabilities... homophobic Pence on his ticket... do I really need to list all of the sleaze bag things he has said to and done to women?

he is a piece of shit bully and i'm glad a lot of America is rejecting him... deny all you want or out your head in the sand, im glad people are out and vocal about this disaster

but of course your a white male so none of this probably bothers you in the least?
    you got to be fuckin kidding me ??????? that's all bullshit you guy's tagged on to his statements and got your little feeling hurt....by nobody but yourselves ! stop playing the pity card.

Godfather.

• Options
    my2hands said:

Godfather.

you got to be fuckin kidding me ??????? that's all bullshit you guy's tagged on to his statements and got your little feeling hurt....by nobody but yourselves ! stop playing the pity card.

Godfather.

• Options

my2hands said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Trump's words speak for themselves. The fact that you agree with them doesn't mean they aren't offensive to everyone else.

It's pretty rich you telling people not to play the pity card when you leaned on it for 8 years without an ability to articulate why.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,875
    rgambs said:

PP193448 said:

Nobody said she was.
    It is fact that she wasn't supported by the KKK and other white supremacist groups. It is fact that Trump was.
    Doesn't the kkk always favor republicans?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PP193448 said:

Nobody said she was.
    Yes, and that should make republicans uncomfortable.
    This election they were far more vocal thsn they were for McCain or Romney.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,875
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PP193448 said:

Nobody said she was.
    Yes, and that should make republicans uncomfortable.
    This election they were far more vocal thsn they were for McCain or Romney.
    Good point. I agree that I would be very uneasy if the KKK supported my party.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PP193448 said:

Nobody said she was.
    At least since the signing of the Civil Rights Act (odd timing, right?). Before that, it was the Dems - but the parties essentially flipped.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    stay classy with the KKK comment too...a group that was well tied to the Democrats at the beginning of their existence
  • Options
    Dems denounced the KKK a long time ago. I never heard Trump directly denounce them. maybe his henchmen, but not him.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

stay classy with the KKK comment too...a group that was well tied to the Democrats at the beginning of their existence

Stay classy? That's a joke coming from someone who voted for the lowest class candidate in modern history.

Can you honestly say that you have no shame over voting for the favorite candidate of avowed racists, bigots, and anti-Semites?
  • Options
    damn right my vote was against someone that should be in prison for having a private email server and compromising national security, amongst the other things wikileaks showed us about her, her campaign, and her foundation

i could have not voted, or went 3rd party and it would have been one step closer to her being in office...no thank you...ill own my vote while you wipe your tears away

i didn't want Obama in office the past 8 years, but i accepted it, i didnt burn down my city or disrespect the flag

alot of these people doing this know the gravy train is OVER!
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

damn right my vote was against someone that should be in prison for having a private email server and compromising national security, amongst the other things wikileaks showed us about her, her campaign, and her foundation

i could have not voted, or went 3rd party and it would have been one step closer to her being in office...no thank you...ill own my vote while you wipe your tears away

i didn't want Obama in office the past 8 years, but i accepted it, i didnt burn down my city or disrespect the flag

So, no shame aligning with the KKK on this one?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Has anyone even seen a KKK member or know anyone that has?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    pjalive21 said:

You must not have seen the news. The FBI reviewed the server and emails and determined that "no reasonable prosecutor" would move forward with a case.

It's hard to go to prison without being prosecuted. Like, really hard.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Yes.

My brother's ex-dude.
    Big Nazi flag on his living room wall.
    Total Trump nut.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

that is the worst logic i have ever read from you...a vote for Trump was not a vote for the KKK

• Options
    rgambs said:

my2hands said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Trump's words speak for themselves. The fact that you agree with them doesn't mean they aren't offensive to everyone else.

It's pretty rich you telling people not to play the pity card when you leaned on it for 8 years without an ability to articulate why.
    you are wasted time on this topic....

Godfather.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    lolobugg said:

Dems denounced the KKK a long time ago. I never heard Trump directly denounce them. maybe his henchmen, but not him.

Why should he? He's never been a member or supported them.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Yep. Plenty of them here in SC although they aren't as visible as they used to be. A friend of mine taught the granddaughter of one of the Grand Dragons a few years ago.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

that is the worst logic i have ever read from you...a vote for Trump was not a vote for the KKK

I didn't say it was a vote for the KKK, I said your vote was aligned with the KKK.

I have shame that I voted for such a corrupt candidate in Clinton.
  • Options
    unsung said:

lolobugg said:

Well maybe because they supported him and by not denouncing them then............

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,618
    unsung said:

lolobugg said:

When your positions strongly align with a particular group, you are essentially supporting that group.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,618
    pjalive21 said:

You really want to use the term gravy train? Since you haven't looked at Trump's plans, I'll let you know that it's the epitome of gravy train. The costs of what he wants to do are enormous, and then he wants to combine it with tax cuts. This is what is called free stuff. The deficit is going to blow up and he's going to fall on his face when the recession comes in a year or two.