Options

So, What Comes Now?

benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
edited November 2016 in A Moving Train
I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head trying to think how I estimated the voting sum of those possessing great deals of socioeconomic and political dissent hellbent on not tolerating Clinton (even if it meant Trump), those in admiration of xenophobic, racist, sexist ideals not-so-subtly alluded to by Donald Trump in the form of policy and/or rhetoric, and people who actually believe that a billionaire comfortable with declaring bankruptcy to not repay his word to stakeholders and contracted labourers.

Honestly, what comes now? How do we combat the inherent ideals of white supremacy? The inevitable to-be-self-induced pro-isolationist stances of Trumpian America? The setback to the social fabric by teaching us fear each other and become weak to a bigger person to assuage those fears? As an outsider, I can't help but be dumbfounded by this whole situation - and am incredibly afraid.
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Comments

• Options
    Good god op.
    Enough with scaring people.
    The people have spoken.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    dont be afraid at those who can destroy the body but cannot pitch it in gehenna, fear and obey the one who can, and he will take you in and his promises are everlasting and he is love..
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

dont be afraid at those who can destroy the body but cannot pitch it in gehenna, fear and obey the one who can, and he will take you in and his promises are everlasting and he is love..

I'm glad religion has that positive calming effect for you, regrettably it doesn't for me.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Trump is one man.
    He will not destroy you.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Enough with scaring people.

Like your boyfriend does? Pot kettle black Trumphadist.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P155qPVaPMA
  • Options
    ^^^
    No sour grapes allowed :nuh_uh:
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Based on what the more recent president elects say they will do and what they actually do, there probably not much to worry about.
  • Options

^^^

Keep deflecting, uneducated deplorable.
  • Options

Trump is one man.
    He will not destroy you.

Right. But the nasty women, job-stealing Mexicans and Chinese, terrorist Muslims, should-not-be-rented-to black people, thieving NAFTA and NATO partners will, I thought? Why am I not permitted to express fear about a fear mongering leader, when that fear mongering leader is allowed to air his list of things we should all fear?

EV
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    They will be so busy putting out fires nothing will get done. We will be the laughing stock of the entire world. Trump supporters will smirk until the snake turns on them and it will be too late. Meanwhile, anyone with any sense will be speaking out and standing up for well thought out ideas, supporting each other, and working to promote leadership that at least makes more sense than Clown President.

Fear is normal but the sensible thing to do is work past the fear, turn the energy of anger into something constructive and useful, and set a good example.

And don't forget to ignore those who would bate or bully. That's their problem, not yours.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Be not afraid, those are only Trumps words.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Breathe.

• Options
    benjs said:

Trump is one man.
    He will not destroy you.

Right. But the nasty women, job-stealing Mexicans and Chinese, terrorist Muslims, should-not-be-rented-to black people, thieving NAFTA and NATO partners will, I thought? Why am I not permitted to express fear about a fear mongering leader, when that fear mongering leader is allowed to air his list of things we should all fear?
    It's like how the intolerant Trump fans call others intolerant for calling them intolerant. They want libs to be more politically IC until they lash out at them. Apparently only white republicans can be PIC and nobody to the left of Hitler can.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    My 96 year old father knows a man his age who lived through the horrors of Nazi Germany. Pop asked the man, "How did you manage through all of that?" The man said, "We just kept on about the business of living until things got better." They got better. Germany is now a much better place than it was then and I'm guessing a better place than America is now. Can we turn things around in like manner? I'm in.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

My 96 year old father knows a man his age who lived through the horrors of Nazi Germany. Pop asked the man, "How did you manage through all of that?" The man said, "We just kept on about the business of living until things got better." They got better. Germany is now a much better place than it was then and I'm guessing a better place than America is now. Can we turn things around in like manner? I'm in.

Agree. Plus you reminded me, at least now we don't have to worry about ww3 or war with Russia Russia Russia.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2016
    OP, I share your concerns. My hope is that we are pleasantly surprised. My advice is to stay vigilant, and to stay involved.
    I'm trying to turn my disappointment with tonight's results into positives. For example, I don't think his proposed tax plan will end up being successful or popular. So, I think it will ultimately weaken his chances for reelection in 2020. If it turns out to be successful/popular, it will be a welcome, happy surprise.
    While it is true that the people have spoken, it doesn't mean that you've lost your voice. You also haven't lost your right to dissent. Be critical when you think you should be.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    good luck
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

good luck

NAIS
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,931
    This all seems very familiar - UK says hi.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2016
    brianlux said:

They turned it around by starting and then losing WWII and then going through decades of separation and oppression in the East though.....
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited November 2016
    Start battling to stop Rudy "9/11" Guiliani from being AG.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Just curious, do the democrats have any control in Washington?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

No, just filibuster in Senate but thankfully they are now against it.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

No Hilliary was the perfect candidate to take down democrats everywhere, the republicans played the Hilliary and democrats like a fiddle. Genius!
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    benjs said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head trying to think how I estimated the voting sum of those possessing great deals of socioeconomic and political dissent hellbent on not tolerating Clinton (even if it meant Trump), those in admiration of xenophobic, racist, sexist ideals not-so-subtly alluded to by Donald Trump in the form of policy and/or rhetoric, and people who actually believe that a billionaire comfortable with declaring bankruptcy to not repay his word to stakeholders and contracted labourers.

Honestly, what comes now? How do we combat the inherent ideals of white supremacy? The inevitable to-be-self-induced pro-isolationist stances of Trumpian America? The setback to the social fabric by teaching us fear each other and become weak to a bigger person to assuage those fears? As an outsider, I can't help but be dumbfounded by this whole situation - and am incredibly afraid.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH !!!!!!! do you talk like this in public as well ? America survived 8 years of Obama I think we'll be just fine with
    President Donald J Trump......Clinton would have been a major concern, think I'll celebrate and go the Gun Range Friday.

Godfather.

• Options
    unsung said:

lukin2006 said:

No, just filibuster in Senate but thankfully they are now against it.
    Well this election must be a nightmare for democrats...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    edited November 2016

^^^

The intolerant Trumphadist is telling me to not be intolerant. How hypocritical and passive aggressive of you, racist punk.

Regulate all you want mods. I don't care anymore like Phil Collins.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options

Trump is one man.
    He will not destroy you.

He and republican controlled congress will. But who cares about facts when you're a Trumphadist moron?
  • Options
    Why the insults??^^^^

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

Why the insults??^^^^

Because pjfan has NEVER insulted anyone. :rofl: