Options

What's with all the last minute "I have an extra ticket" posts?

i think it's funny....

Comments

• Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    They always happen close to day of show, only difference is that for the HOT shows they last like a second or never get posted. People always bail day of for any number of reasons...
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    people i hang with don't bail at the last minute. it's f'n rude...
    but maybe i'm not the norm.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    It's also a result of the 10Club's you have to buy 2 tickets policy.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825

i think it's funny....

Man I was thinking the same thing around the MSG show. I got shut out but it seemed like people got tickets to just get them and flip them. Seeing all the last minute requests was mind blowing. I know life happens but geez.
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I didn't take a chance and had to buy pricey tickets for Seattle on Craigslist. It sucks, but at least I'm going.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    It happens all the time on this board. Been a member since 05 and I've always see it. It's nothing douchey or anything, life gets in the way of people
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291

It happens all the time on this board. Been a member since 05 and I've always see it. It's nothing douchey or anything, life gets in the way of people

Same thing for all big arena shows. I've had to back out on shows right before due to work
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    I have backed out of several shows the last few years. Work just gets in the way.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102

people i hang with don't bail at the last minute. it's f'n rude...
    but maybe i'm not the norm.

The people I go to shows with are the same as you. We plan that out months in advance. I don't live in a big city so converts involve a little travel. Usually everyone has their Vacation days or whatever is needed locked down before we buy tickets. People's work is never an issue. I suppose family could be, but so far no one's bailed on me because of a last minute family emergency. I'm pretty good with my own planning. If I have to be somewhere 6 months now, I'm at the place 6 months from now right down to the minute :)
  • Options
    indeed. i've been to many concerts and over 50 pearl jam shows, all planned months in advance, like you. and i have never had anyone flake on me at the "last minute". whether it's for this totd tour or pj regular tour it still blows my mind that so many extras some how become available a few days/hours before the shows...
    work holidays are booked months before the shows happen for me and everyone else i hang with for shows.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215

indeed. i've been to many concerts and over 50 pearl jam shows, all planned months in advance, like you. and i have never had anyone flake on me at the "last minute". whether it's for this totd tour or pj regular tour it still blows my mind that so many extras some how become available a few days/hours before the shows...
    work holidays are booked months before the shows happen for me and everyone else i hang with for shows.

People get sick, people have last minute work obligations, people have unforeseen money problems, their children get sick, their children have events they want to attend, people die and wakes/funerals need to be attended....there are hundreds of things that come up to stop people from going to a rock concert

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740

Have you ever gone to a show with someone that is not a diehard fan like yourself? If so why is it so hard to believe that life can get in the way for some people? That and some hold onto extras hoping to get a trade and when that fails they need to sell the ticket lol.
  • Options
    right, now we are getting somewhere...some hold onto and buy extras to get a trade. and no one i know buy extra tickets just to trade them. with all these posts i tend to believe that it's not a last minute crisis that is the reason why all the extras show up.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825

right, now we are getting somewhere...some hold onto and buy extras to get a trade. and no one i know buy extra tickets just to trade them. with all these posts i tend to believe that it's not a last minute crisis that is the reason why all the extras show up.

I agree 100 percent. I was shocked how many people had an "extra ticket". I get it, I am a grown adult life happens etc. But this was just stupid how many people suddently had a last minute back outs for a show. Pisses me off cause I couldnt get a ticket to MSG.

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    edited November 2016
    Some people have shit seats, see better seats on here, buy them, then re-post their original shitty seats on the forums. I see nothing wrong with people doing it.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    kinda like u gotta be in GA so you buy great reserved seats to hopefully upgrade to ga...right speedy?
    personally i buy in demand 10c merch to get my GA's