Options

Temple Of The Dog 2016 Poster Artists

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

demetrios said:
    I was hoping to get a copy of this poster through a friend of a friend and it doesn't look like it will pan out. Maybe someday...
    With only 40 of these out there this will be tough to find.
    I thought 40 was the number for the APs? I just want a regular copy because I was there.
    Yes, correct, on 40 AP's. Supposedly, there were 400 printed to be given to the band, those who worked the show, and VIP's, etc. You would think with 400 printed, that at least 1 would have shown up some place by now for sale. But, nothing at all, which is really odd. As of now, the non AP version is a mystery poster.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,752
    EM194007 said:

demetrios said:
    I was hoping to get a copy of this poster through a friend of a friend and it doesn't look like it will pan out. Maybe someday...
    I thought 40 was the number for the APs? I just want a regular copy because I was there.
    Yes, correct, on 40 AP's. Supposedly, there were 400 printed to be given to the band, those who worked the show, and VIP's, etc. You would think with 400 printed, that at least 1 would have shown up some place by now for sale. But, nothing at all, which is really odd. As of now, the non AP version is a mystery poster.
    I haven't seen one non AP print for sale any where's. I wonder if management is sitting on a box of these which will be released probably at the templeofthedog.com store or 10club store someday.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:
    I haven't seen one non AP print for sale any where's. I wonder if management is sitting on a box of these which will be released probably at the templeofthedog.com store or 10club store someday.
    Since Another Planet Entertainment paid Matt to do these posters, I really don't ever see them showing up in the 10C or Temple of The Dog stores. Just really strange that not one has surfaced anywhere.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:
    Since Another Planet Entertainment paid Matt to do these posters, I really don't ever see them showing up in the 10C or Temple of The Dog stores. Just really strange that not one has surfaced anywhere.
    Yeah never know. Just shocking not one of those 400 non AP's not up on eBay or seen on any social media page framed up or in their collection. I've only been seeing the AP photos.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:
    Yeah never know. Just shocking not one of those 400 non AP's not up on eBay or seen on any social media page framed up or in their collection. I've only been seeing the AP photos.
    Check the FB pages. There is one floating around on there. The AP version that is.
  • Options
    I would consider trading my for Burgh 13
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I don't think the band hired the artist for this poster, the venue did right?

So there would be no sale through 10c or Temple of Dog store I would assume if that's the case.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    scurtis said:

I don't think the band hired the artist for this poster, the venue did right?

So there would be no sale through 10c or Temple of Dog store I would assume if that's the case.

You are correct!
  • Options
    Posters & remaining merch is up over @ https://www.templeofthedogmerch.com/
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    I have one. I will trade it for a pj Amsterdam 96 by ames
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Now sure who's running Temple of the Dog's official Twitter account but ..

• Options
    i messaged Jim to see what's left
  • Options

i messaged Jim to see what's left

Good luck.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,118
    How did you message him? I'd really like one too.
  • Options
    Zod said:

How did you message him? I'd really like one too.

Many of my friends tried contacting this artist. They were either blocked or never replied or ignored too .. just for asking a simple question. "Are you selling any copies?"

https://www.facebook.com/TempleofTheDog/photos/a.497215493816078.1073741828.361938884010407/628269440710682/?type=3&comment_id=628317554039204&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

All the best.
  • Options
  • Options

Here is another throwback print I was lucky enough to do. 6 years ago (2016) this week I did a poster for @templeofthedog during their reunion tour in San Francisco.  
    I was such a big fan of everyone in that band and stoked to actually see them in person together for the first time. The show was epic… and that scene, the Seattle-scene, represents a big chunk of my musical taste even 30 years later.

#templeofthedog #gigposter #screenprint #rockart #concertposter #handdrawn #mattleunig #scrapedkneeart #billgrahamcivic #grungemusic #TOTD