Danny Newcomb & The Sugarmakers – ‘All The Way’ w/ Mike McCready

demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,010
edited August 15 in The Porch
@ Danny Newcomb & the Sugarmakers

Recording King of Nothing at John Goodmanson's studio -- needed some guitar flavor, and so I called the head of the label, mr. Mike McCready to come down and add a little. We did two melody passes on this section, a harmony and then on the outtro I asked for some shredding to edit in. The Man is a professional.

http://goo.gl/qCTY3R

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 49,010
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/all-the-way-vinyl-release-presale#/backers

All the Way Vinyl Release Presale
    Danny Newcomb and the Sugarmakers Vinyl Pre-sale for "All the Way"

• jeffbrjeffbr SeattlePosts: 5,512
    demetrios said:

Ordered my copy last week. A run of 250 on red vinyl. Looking forward to hearing the new record!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 6,248
    jeffbr said:
    demetrios said:

Ordered my copy last week. A run of 250 on red vinyl. Looking forward to hearing the new record!
    Looking at the link, doesn't it look like each price level has 250 red vinyl copies available? So does that mean they pressed 1000?
    MedozK said:
    jeffbr said:
    demetrios said:

Looking at the link, doesn't it look like each price level has 250 red vinyl copies available? So does that mean they pressed 1000?
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. The main description says:
    "Whew! Mixed by Martin Feveyear, Recorded by John Goodmanson and myself -- our follow-up to Masterwish is all finished and since the Sugarmakers and I are self-releasing and wanting to do vinyl this release, we're doing a presale of the first limited pressing. 250 copies, colored vinyl! Reserve your copy and help us fund this awesome format for our best record yet. D and the Makers."

But each of the various price levels seem to have 250 spots available. I'm not sure how they'll work that. 
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New JerseyPosts: 699
    The math is off :) but I ordered the $25 pre-order. Thanks for the heads up!
    MedozK said:
    jeffbr said:
    demetrios said:

edited June 15
    demetrios said:
    MedozK said:
    jeffbr said:
    demetrios said:

hmmm.. does that mean they will press more on red vinyl.. since he said "First Pressing"
    I think this may be the ol' "Limited Edition - Limited to how many we can sell"

Cause on the link 250 $20 packages, 250 $30 and so on.. all say Red Vinyl
    Post edited by MedozK on
    Bump!
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KYPosts: 338
    Ordered...curious how crowdfunding vinyl will go.  My popcorn is out.  I'm rooting for their success.
    Knoxville 98; East Troy 00; Atlanta 03; DC 06; Ryman (EV) 09; Noblesville 10; East Troy x2 (PJ20) 11; Wrigley Field & Pittsburgh 13; Cincinnati & St. Louis 14; Lexington & Wrigley Field x2 16; RnR HOF Brooklyn and Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (EV) 17.
    dcp3y said:
    Ordered...curious how crowdfunding vinyl will go.  My popcorn is out.  I'm rooting for their success.
    Goodness successfully crowdfunded pressing their first album to vinyl recently. It didn't take them long at all to exceed their fundraising goal. I suspect Danny (who was also part of Goodness, in addition to The Rockfords and Shadow) will be successful as well. Almost half way there with a couple of months to go. There are plenty of Seattle locals who love both of these bands, and it doesn't hurt to have McCready endorsing you!
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KYPosts: 338
    jeffbr said:
    dcp3y said:
    Goodness successfully crowdfunded pressing their first album to vinyl recently. It didn't take them long at all to exceed their fundraising goal. I suspect Danny (who was also part of Goodness, in addition to The Rockfords and Shadow) will be successful as well. Almost half way there with a couple of months to go. There are plenty of Seattle locals who love both of these bands, and it doesn't hurt to have McCready endorsing you!
    Danny rocks no doubt.  I am a newbie on this vinyl crowdfunding front.  Thanks for my schooling; looks like I have some Goodness to dig into.  I had little doubt on hitting the goal given the good start and two months still to go.  I guess I was curious since Danny used Hockey Talkter once, why not more but obviously not my call.  I just found his Hockey Talkter 7" single on the web, so excited for when it lands (shipped today).  I enjoyed the video playing on the crowdfunding page of the A side One Wish.
    Knoxville 98; East Troy 00; Atlanta 03; DC 06; Ryman (EV) 09; Noblesville 10; East Troy x2 (PJ20) 11; Wrigley Field & Pittsburgh 13; Cincinnati & St. Louis 14; Lexington & Wrigley Field x2 16; RnR HOF Brooklyn and Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (EV) 17.

Just got the word: test pressing is overhead in a plane, heading my way!

Sweet! B)

demetrios said:

Sweet! B)

Good, you can let them know of any mastering mistakes and they can get a new cut made.
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:

Sweet! B)

Good, you can let them know of any mastering mistakes and they can get a new cut made.
    You got it!

Bump! :)
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 17,641
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
    ^ :smiley:
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin

edited August 7
    2 day's left!  "You can request Danny's new record on Kexp! Text:206 903 5397"

Post edited by demetrios on
    Cool! :plus_one:
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin

http://easystreetonline.com/NewsItem/7017

Danny Newcomb & The Sugarmakers In-Store Friday!

Danny Newcomb  The Sugarmakers In-Store Friday

Over the years, Danny Newcomb's tasty guitar chops have fired up records and shows by Goodness, The Rockfords, and Mike McCready's first band, Shadow. On Friday, August 11th, Danny and his current band the Sugarmakers will release their sophomore album, All The Way, the follow-up to their acclaimed debut, Masterwish. Easy Street is excited to host Danny Newcomb & The Sugarmakers' record release party on 8/11 at 7pm! It's free and all ages! Whoop!

RSVP on Facebook!

easystreetrecords New Danny Newcomb & the Sugarmakers record "All The Way" out today. Rockin the shop and even a Mike McCready appearance #DannyNewcomb #mikemccready