Options

Temple of the Dog Moore Theatre 1990

edited October 2016 in The Porch
The Say Hello To Heaven footage on the Temple Deluxe DVD is obviously from the same Dec 22/90 Moore Theatre show where PJ opened for Alice (Alive from this show was released on the PJ20 DVD). Anybody else have any idea what Temple played that night and if they came on after PJ or actually closed the show after Alice?
Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162
    edited October 2016
    If it's the show on PJ20 I've been thinking off (with lots of excerpt's in HD) I've often wondered how much of PJ's set was caught on film. Did they film all of PJ's set? How cool would it be to get a bluray of that show? It's very rare to have concerts on film in that era because videotape was much cheaper and the common medium for filming concerts. It's why so few concert's in the 80s/90's are available in HD.

Anyways I always thought it would be cool if the whole PJ set has been filmed. Would look awesome in HD (as it does during PJ20 and the single song on the ToTD boxset).
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm sure it's same show. Black and white, Eddie with the Cramps t-shirt. 12/22/90 Moore Theatre. Looks like the whole thing (PJ, Temple, Alice) was pro-shot. Didn't know Temple played that night though until I got the Reissue DVD and I'm one of those show historian guys.
    Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    edited October 2016
    I was there, but it's been so long I can't quite remember. I believe they also did hunger strike. One of the songs Eddie was on cornells shoulders. They were mookie at this show not Pearl Jam yet. They came on at the end of pj (mookie) set.
    Post edited by KW6232 on
  • Options
    Crazy that Eddie was getting up on Chris's shoulders his 2nd show into Mookie :)
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    KW6232 said:

I was there, but it's been so long I can't quite remember. I believe they also did hunger strike. One of the songs Eddie was on cornells shoulders. They were mookie at this show not Pearl Jam yet. They came on at the end of pj (mookie) set.

That's awesome u were there!
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    KW6232 said:

I'm not sure it's possible to quantify my jealousy.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Zod said:

If it's the show on PJ20 I've been thinking off (with lots of excerpt's in HD) I've often wondered how much of PJ's set was caught on film. Did they film all of PJ's set? How cool would it be to get a bluray of that show? It's very rare to have concerts on film in that era because videotape was much cheaper and the common medium for filming concerts. It's why so few concert's in the 80s/90's are available in HD.

Anyways I always thought it would be cool if the whole PJ set has been filmed. Would look awesome in HD (as it does during PJ20 and the single song on the ToTD boxset).

Nirvana at the Paramount was also recorded on film and looks stunning. It is haunting to see Cobain in such hi-def raw footage.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:

Zod said:

Nirvana at the Paramount was also recorded on film and looks stunning. It is haunting to see Cobain in such hi-def raw footage.
    Yeah pretty cool they shot that show on 16mm. Would love to see a complete PJ show shot on 8/16 or 32. Hook Danny Clinch up, he could do it.

I believe this Tori Amos film from 91/92 was shot on a HD format. That's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWmETxWM0h0
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013
    edited October 2016
    Zod said:

Just scan the analog tape in HD. Would be limited by the taping format ofc, but could still look pretty cool. Just look at at films like Texas Chain Saw Massacre/Evil Dead etc shot on rough 16mm film stock, still look great scanned to 2K/4K etc.

And receipts on that being the reason for concert films not being available in HD, and not just because no one buys concerts DVDs (like before) and it's not worth the cost?

Just look at the poor use of older footage in PJ20. I guess not worth the cost. Even the HD-material from the 2006 show looked uprezzed and bad. Like they used some low rez footage instead of the original material.

And the music videos from Riot Act. I mean, wasn't they shot on film? Get a HD master. Look how great the new upload of Oasis - Do you know what I mean (shot on film) look on youtube.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162

Just look at the poor use of older footage in PJ20. I guess not worth the cost. Even the HD-material from the 2006 show looked uprezzed and bad. Like they used some low rez footage instead of the original material.

And the music videos from Riot Act. I mean, wasn't they shot on film? Get a HD master. Look how great the new upload of Oasis - Do you know what I mean (shot on film) look on youtube.

I always hoped they would re-release imagine in cornice on bluray. The gatefold indicates in several places that it was filmed in HD, which seems a bit redundant to put on a DVD. I agree the footage in PJ20 looks off. I thought it more to do with interlacing though, maybe it was filmed in 1080i or something and wasn't converted properly to 1080p.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838

templeofthedog

On this day in 1990, Seattle witnessed a defining moment in music history. Temple of the Dog’s ‘Say Hello to Heaven’ at the Moore Theater resonated with raw emotion and powerful artistry. This performance, etched in time, showcases the profound impact and lasting legacy of the band. Let’s look back and honor this unforgettable expression of passion and musical brilliance.

#templeofthedog #sayhello2heaven