Options

Why do people from here post the psst from Santos on Facebook?

SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
I don't get it. Stop posting it on Facebook. You're only making it that much harder for people on here.

Comments

• Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    SJD3232 said:

I don't get it. Stop posting it on Facebook. You're only making it that much harder for people on here.

Truth
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    The people on Facebook are less deserving of knowing then the people here? I could care less about most merch drops either way but to think that one group is more entitled to something then another is a little ridiculous no?
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,781
    PJNB said:

The people on Facebook are less deserving of knowing then the people here? I could care less about most merch drops either way but to think that one group is more entitled to something then another is a little ridiculous no?

Agreed. I don't get this us/them attitude. I have more friends here bc I spend more time here but have some great friends that I've met on FB too who don't post here. We're all in this together.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    True, but to be fair, if SLH wanted it on facebook he would post it there.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    Many if not most of these "psst" items are members only. We are a community and members like to help other members out. Not all members can or do post here.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNB said:

FYI the phrase is "COULDN'T care less"......
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,147
    PJNB said:

Absolutely! People on Facebook are pretty much only deserving of a slap to the face, that's about all. Slh posts here, not on fb.

#kiddingrelax
    #facebookdoessucktho
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    If you think Facebook is bad, head on over to Twitter.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

If you think Facebook is bad, head on over to Twitter.

Don't do either. I still like how things were when people called eachother on the phone :(
    I'm old! Get of my lawn!
  • Options
    SS105464 said:

PJNB said:

Thanks!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    JimmyV said:

Many if not most of these "psst" items are members only. We are a community and members like to help other members out. Not all members can or do post here.

Exactly. People post it on facebook to help out their fellow members. Sounds good to me!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    I text my friends when there is a pssst... is that frowned upon too?
  • Options
    SS105464 said:

PJNB said:

:clap: Lol, that is a pretty big pet peeve of mine.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jed said:

I text my friends when there is a pssst... is that frowned upon too?

No, texting is ok.
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:

it's just a poster man...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    PJ_Soul said:

SS105464 said:

PJNB said:

I bet 95% of the time people say "could care less" and agree it makes no sense.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    PJNB said:

So would you say the same thing about the rules of selling items here and raffles, etc. Isn't that why some of the people leave here and go to Facebook, so they can make their own rules for behind the scenes auctions and raffles.... No?? So is it beneath some of the Facebook members to actually come to this forum and participate?? I don't really care. But it seems that Santos gives the forum heads up, so the people that log in here can get a better shot at some items they missed out on at original prices. Let the Facebook members screw each other over for market value...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    No matter where people post the news after Santos posts the "psst," you still have to be a paying 10C member in order to buy the poster so there is a barrier to entry.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate everyone equally.....
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    PP193448 said:

PJNB said:

So would you say the same thing about the rules of selling items here and raffles, etc. Isn't that why some of the people leave here and go to Facebook, so they can make their own rules for behind the scenes auctions and raffles.... No?? So is it beneath some of the Facebook members to actually come to this forum and participate?? I don't really care. But it seems that Santos gives the forum heads up, so the people that log in here can get a better shot at some items they missed out on at original prices. Let the Facebook members screw each other over for market value...
    Maybe I'm part of different facebook groups. But the 'official pearl jam ten club members' group on fb has a lot of giveaways, and I rarely see things sold there. I would call that community a bit more friendly than here (there's some high school-like cliques here) and many of the people that post there are ones that post here...it's just different mediums for the same people to get their pearl jam fix.

I see it as selfish for anyone to want people to stop posting about items for sale there.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

SS105464 said:

PJNB said:

95%? Really? Well... it's an American thing, apparently. Canadians and Brits don't say could care less as far as I've ever heard, since it means the exact opposite of the intended meaning. I understand it's found its way into American vernacular somehow... I just don't understand why people picked it up in the first place when it means exactly what they don't mean, and it is not more efficient. I guess that's why it stands out so much to me. ;)
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Sarava said:

PP193448 said:

PJNB said:

Maybe I'm part of different facebook groups. But the 'official pearl jam ten club members' group on fb has a lot of giveaways, and I rarely see things sold there. I would call that community a bit more friendly than here (there's some high school-like cliques here) and many of the people that post there are ones that post here...it's just different mediums for the same people to get their pearl jam fix.

I see it as selfish for anyone to want people to stop posting about items for sale there.
    Agreed. I think it's good to share the sale news. I don't do Facebook so I'm not sure about it now. In the past I have heard some people being upset about how things go on Facebook with cliques and the like. Not my place to comment. Doesn't seem so bad here from what I see, unless you head to AMT... :confounded:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Sarava said:

PP193448 said:

PJNB said:

Not sure where you're looking, but there are tons of raffles and giveaways and sales in this forum (just go over to Lost Dogs). The problem with the facebook group/s are that there isn't very tight moderation, so there are tons of trolls, and a LOT of people willing to be super bitchy and rude over there. You couldn't get away with that here as much. I find this forum much more pleasant than the facebook group, and a much better way to connect with fans. Not that I'm trashing the FB group. I'm just surprised to see you say that it's more friendly. I have seen so many discussions just spiral straight into the gutter over there in a way that I very rarely see here, and while there are positive things happening over there too for sure, there is a lot more abuse towards other members over there too.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

SS105464 said:

PJNB said:

95%? Really? Well... it's an American thing, apparently. Canadians and Brits don't say could care less as far as I've ever heard, since it means the exact opposite of the intended meaning. I understand it's found its way into American vernacular somehow... I just don't understand why people picked it up in the first place when it means exactly what they don't mean, and it is not more efficient. I guess that's why it stands out so much to me. ;)
    I am Canadian though...

Also PJ Facebook and PJ forums are two of the best places I visit on the web. They are full of wonderful people that are very caring and generous. They are also filled with selfish people that only care about themselves and there agenda though those are in the minority. Welcome to the internet.

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    i just posted the shuss news on facebook!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

;)
  • Options
    PJNB said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

SS105464 said:

PJNB said:

I am Canadian though...

Also PJ Facebook and PJ forums are two of the best places I visit on the web. They are full of wonderful people that are very caring and generous. They are also filled with selfish people that only care about themselves and there agenda though those are in the minority. Welcome to the internet.

Oh dear, you have picked up the nonsensical American usage. I blame the internet too. :lol:;)
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

i just posted the shuss news on facebook!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

;)

That one will need all the help it can get.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455

I hate everyone equally.....

My man!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

SS105464 said:

PJNB said:

So, when you're in love are you heels over head? Because my head is almost always over my heels. So, I'm never quite sure how in love I am exactly.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873

;)

That one will need all the help it can get.

i like the print

and i wanted to be helpful to others which seems to annoy some in this thread