Options

10/18/16 psst....

Comments

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

Yet, Global Citizens Transformer and Skyline have never been offered here.

None of the GCF posters dropped in the shop
    if the poster world was logical the transformers and skyline prices would be so much higher

although i guess 10c has never said they weren't selling them

santos?? ;)
    easy explanation... it was GCF with only 11 songs played... they sold merch and posters for like a week... and there was 4 posters for the event... people collect posters to commemorate an event and frankly i dont think that performance blew anybody away... and the Transformers print sucks, but that's just my opinion...

there has to be demand... and for those reasons I just don't see it...

Ames/PJ has clearly cut back the print runs of the Ames prints the last few years to fuel or create false hype based on scarcity, and to allow a ridiculous run of variants for every print... but when its an 11 song performance with 4 posters and a week worth of sales, there is going to be less demand in general
    Even though they were sold for a week the Transformer only had 100 for sale a day at most. So 500.

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

the Golds also came with the bonus print, and they were S/N out of 180

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

if the poster world was logical the transformers and skyline prices would be so much higher

santos?? ;)
    easy explanation... it was GCF with only 11 songs played... they sold merch and posters for like a week... and there was 4 posters for the event... people collect posters to commemorate an event and frankly i dont think that performance blew anybody away... and the Transformers print sucks, but that's just my opinion...

Ames/PJ has clearly cut back the print runs of the Ames prints the last few years to fuel or create false hype based on scarcity, and to allow a ridiculous run of variants for every print... but when its an 11 song performance with 4 posters and a week worth of sales, there is going to be less demand in general
    Even though they were sold for a week the Transformer only had 100 for sale a day at most. So 500.

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

Yup, Ames initially said there would be "around" 300 golds (which was more than likely based on the total amount of orders). But people who bought it had a chance to keep it or cancel their purchase since the edition size would be greater. I am among the 120 or so who cancelled their order...
  • Options

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

180 gold sn and 180 chrome sn so I figured around 300 total.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

Are you referring to the bonus print?
    I believe it was only one chrome version, 24"x24", containing the image from the back of the regular poster.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

The Chrome one my friend has hanging on his wall is #'ed out of 85. Who knows the real #'s.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

only 85 chromes
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

I've always wondered... not a lot of these artist signatures are very complicated. What stops anyone from just grabbing a pencil and marking their print xx/100 or whatever, faking a signature, and calling it an AP and selling it as such. Only one that I've seen that's a bit tricky is emek embossed signature.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Ames lost my business that day
  • Options

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

only 85 chromes
    Sorry. 180 gold BONUS posters and 180 chrome BONUS posters.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

I've always wondered... not a lot of these artist signatures are very complicated. What stops anyone from just grabbing a pencil and marking their print xx/100 or whatever, faking a signature, and calling it an AP and selling it as such. Only one that I've seen that's a bit tricky is emek embossed signature.
    that would be fucking shady but I wouldn't be surprised if its happened before.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

I'm sure it has... it's too easy for the greedy
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

The Ken Taylor ones would be the easiest, they're only #'ed, no signature.
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    edited October 2016
    EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

I think a few artists do this. I have a blink 182 Steve Thomas show edition that's numbered 111/182 with no signature.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

I've always wondered why he didn't get an embosser to use on his AP's...
    since he doesn't sign them, that would make it harder to counterfeit!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

and there's literally no way to find out how many 12/100s are out there floating around being sold on here or ebay for 2+ times the price of the show print
  • Options

EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

I think a few artists do this. I have a blink 182 Steve Thomas show edition that's numbered 111/182 with no signature.
    His Blink 182 AP's are signed, as well as #'ed.
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

Right, but the show editions are not.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    derbydave said:

EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

definitely AT LEAST and embosser. that's why I'm not really too keen on buying APs unless they are variants
  • Options
    derbydave said:

EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

I agree, a embosser is cheap, and Mitch could even emboss them, since the USA show posters are printed here in the states.
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    the waiting drove me mad.....
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    Dirty Tom said:

the waiting drove me mad.....

Looks like no psst .. today. It's getting late over in Europe.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    yeah he needs to hurry up with his pssssst
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Relax. Maybe is Santos at the dentist?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

nicknyr15 said:

santos?? ;)

120 AP

55 chrome

About 300 gold.
    180 for the Gold......

Right, but the show editions are not.
    This years West Palm Beach Blink 182 poster sold at the show was the same, #'ed of 182 and no signature. There were AP's signed and #'ed of 100 as well from the artist direct.
    Post edited by EM194007 on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    edited October 2016
    Why haven't they let Santos out of the car yet?

Can't they see he is begging to come out & post a new PJ poster sale.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    KC138045 said:

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

rightly so...

anybody remember those AP2 runs for the 2003 prints? literally a 2nd artist run, which i still haven't seen anyone else pull off... it looks like it took them 13 years to figure out to just make multiple variants and charge 10x's
  • Options
    my2hands said:

rightly so...

anybody remember those AP2 runs for the 2003 prints? literally a 2nd artist run, which i still haven't seen anyone else pull off... it looks like it took them 13 years to figure out to just make multiple variants and charge 10x's
    Left over posters that they couldn't sell that get sent back to Ames to sign and #'ed in hopes selling them.