Only 2 Drummers Get In? RnRHOF. Merged

JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
edited October 2016 in The Porch
Ok let's be honest here... the whole RnRHOF thing is a joke.

Bands like Iron Maiden should be in before Pearl Jam. Even McCready would agree to that.

Now this:

In a change of tradition, the Hall of Fame has announced the individual members of each band that will be honored. Pearl Jam have had five drummers, but only current drummer Matt Cameron and founding member Dave Krusen will be inducted should they make it in.

What a slap in the face to the other drummers. And what about Boom? Does Boom get in?

I mean what's the point of excluding members (unless it's the band's decision). Can they only type so many names on the plaque?

I say no Jack Irons, no Hall of Fame!!!

PS if anyone needs a ticket buddy... just putting it out there.
92 - Orlando
03 - Tampa
08 - Tampa
12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,633
    In a change of tradition, the Hall of Fame has announced the individual members of each band that will be honored. Pearl Jam have had five drummers, but only current drummer Matt Cameron and founding member Dave Krusen will be inducted should they make it in

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    What about Jack?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,495

In a change of tradition, the Hall of Fame has announced the individual members of each band that will be honored. Pearl Jam have had five drummers, but only current drummer Matt Cameron and founding member Dave Krusen will be inducted should they make it in

I suspect I'm in the minority, but I agree with that call.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,633
    edited October 2016

What about Jack?

Didn't call out Jack since he is already in with RHCP

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    I don't think Boom should be inducted. Only because he wasn't with the band for the 25 years. As far as the drummers, that's a tough call....
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Jack Irons is already in the RnRHOF. He was inducted as a member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,265
    Jack is already in with the Chili Peppers, And Matt Chamberlain was not on an album. Dave A. you can make a case for.
    I miss igotid88
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    SJD3232 said:

Jack Irons is already in the RnRHOF. He was inducted as a member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Paul McCartney is in there multiple times and I can't spell Dave's last name this early in the morning.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    This sucks
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
    JB128716 said:

SJD3232 said:

Paul McCartney is in there multiple times and I can't spell Dave's last name this early in the morning.
    Yea I know you can be in more than once. But for this case it won't hurt him.
    I miss igotid88
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Boom should be inducted. If the criteria is having been with the band for the whole 25 years than no drummers get in. This band's legacy will be as much for the live shows as any studio albums. Boom has now been playing with them for almost 15 years. He deserves to get in.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    I think people care too much about which drummers are being inducted.
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    edited October 2016
    Boom is not an official member of the band but anyway I don't know who's call is the members that will be honored. I would love to see Dave A AND Jack AND Boom in there.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    I could see Dave A. as he was the drummer at the height of their popularity, and then Matt Cameron. I could make an argument that it should only be Matt.

Like the Grammy's the Hall of Fame doesn't mean anything.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Matt keeps them going now, Jack Irons kept the band together during the No Code era...Dave A was at the original height of popularity...this is a rare instance for a band to have this many influential people
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    100 Pacer said:

i agree with this as well...that rule simplifies complex issues like Pearl Jam has...im a Jack Irons fan for many reasons but luckily he is in with RHCP
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    I get that Dave A's happy lifestyle (and politics) didnt fit the band but he was just as vital of a member during their rule the world peak as anyone else. Feel bad for the guy
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    pjalive21 said:

100 Pacer said:

i agree with this as well...that rule simplifies complex issues like Pearl Jam has...im a Jack Irons fan for many reasons but luckily he is in with RHCP
    I'm in the minority as well. Agree with you both
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    I think its dumb to only allow certain members These are huge members of the group. Jack and Dave A played on four of their best records.

Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, and Yield. Basically two members of PJ from 1992-1998 dont matter?
    i have a feeling that if only Dave A. got in. There wouldn't be much complaining
    I miss igotid88
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    edited October 2016

What about Jack?

Didn't call out Jack since he is already in with RHCP
    Is that how it works, though? I visited the RRHOF and saw names on there multiple times. I would not think his spot with the RHCP would impact whether he gets inducted with PJ. Of course, it sounds like they're just going with "original" and "longest tenured." So I don't think Jack gets in either way.

I don't have strong feelings. I'd argue that Dave A. and Jack are more integral to the bands success than Krusen. So I could see all four of them included (not Matt Chamberlain who was a brief stopgap and never on an album).

I suppose the RRHOF makes the decision (or I am sure Ed would want Jack in) and I guess it makes sense or the artists would include either too many people or exclude key people based on personal feelings.

EDITED: Called Matt Chamberlain "Matt C." and then realized that does not quite work. :)
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,453
    Don't forget Boommmmmm!!!!
  • I could see Dave A. as he was the drummer at the height of their popularity, and then Matt Cameron. I could make an argument that it should only be Matt.

This.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,831
    At first blush I side w/ the HoF on this. Consider this: less Boom, there are as many different drummers as their are members of Pearl Jam proper. While they all have contributed to what Pearl Jam is, unless you're Parliament/Funkadelic or the E Street Band do that many people really need to be on stage? That's not to say the different drummers' contributions are not important. No doubt they are important, some more so than others. Think of it this way, if a family in honored, and the patriarch or matriarch has been married five times w/ the divorces occurring for different reasons, do all the ex-wives/ex-husbands get honored as part of the process??
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    Yah I'm not sure how the RRHoF chooses which members get to go. Sometimes it makes sense. Like when KISS got in. All their success and best albums were done with the older lineup. The new lineup didn't put out any groundbreaking albums.. they stepped in and kept the KISS machine alive. I completely agreed with that one.

PJ seems different. They're were at the height of their popularity and influence during the first 3 albums. Krusen drummed on Ten, but Dave A. stepped in to tour for it, and recorded the next two albums. He drums on the album that held the most album sales in a week record for a number of years. I think he should of been inducted. I think an argument could be made for Jack too. I can also see the argument against it. No Code/Yield are many of our favourite albums, but they weren't the big popular influential albums that Ten/Vs./Vitalogy were. I think Matt Cameron actually makes a little sense. It counters my argument that he only drummed in their less influential years, but technically he's also the first drummer, as he's the drummer on the mommason demo's. So it seems full circle for him to be included. So yah I think it's another slight on Dave A. to not get inducted.... poor guy.
  • CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    As per hall website. I had looked into it why dave navarro wasn't inducted with the chili peppers. get in with the band have to be on the first studio album and/or at least 2 studio albums.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    CJ23113 said:

As per hall website. I had looked into it why dave navarro wasn't inducted with the chili peppers. get in with the band have to be on the first studio album and/or at least 2 studio albums.

Which also seems inconsistently applied because both Dave A. and Jack Irons drummed on two albums. When Nirvana got inducted they didn't induct the guy who drummed on Bleach either :)
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Zod said:

Yah I'm not sure how the RRHoF chooses which members get to go. Sometimes it makes sense. Like when KISS got in. All their success and best albums were done with the older lineup. The new lineup didn't put out any groundbreaking albums.. they stepped in and kept the KISS machine alive. I completely agreed with that one.

PJ seems different. They're were at the height of their popularity and influence during the first 3 albums. Krusen drummed on Ten, but Dave A. stepped in to tour for it, and recorded the next two albums. He drums on the album that held the most album sales in a week record for a number of years. I think he should of been inducted. I think an argument could be made for Jack too. I can also see the argument against it. No Code/Yield are many of our favourite albums, but they weren't the big popular influential albums that Ten/Vs./Vitalogy were. I think Matt Cameron actually makes a little sense. It counters my argument that he only drummed in their less influential years, but technically he's also the first drummer, as he's the drummer on the mommason demo's. So it seems full circle for him to be included. So yah I think it's another slight on Dave A. to not get inducted.... poor guy.

Eric Carr should have been inducted.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I wonder if every member gets a trophy even if they are not at the ceremony? Josh got in with RHCP and he really wasn't even a member at that point. But on the hall of fame page, it has all the members listed.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    they cant go on stage for the induction but they can sit with them. or at least sit somewhere in the audience.

i think abbruzzese deserves to be in over krusen. dave a was the drummer when they were at their most popular and the drummer when most of us first got into pearl jam. i remember being really upset when i found out they fired him, eddie and dave were my 2 fav members at that time. he was a major part of their sound during that time.
This discussion has been closed.