Options

FS: TMR Vault #29

cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
Mint brand new sealed. Still in the original TMR box. Might have to open the box to see if my 10C member isn't inside on an invoice or anything like that.
Asking $100 shipped in the US. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Oh the things people could do with that 10c member number. I hear that is the secondary number needed to be able to launch the nuclear missles overseas.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Good One!
    Post edited by cropdustdair on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    The 10c number isn't on the invoice
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Then it shall stay sealed inside the original TMR box!
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749

Oh the things people could do with that 10c member number. I hear that is the secondary number needed to be able to launch the nuclear missles overseas.

Been there; done that. Member 154766 had a lot of damage control to do.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I'm sure it's been discussed ad-nauseum, but this release has some sketchy-at-best recording sources. It might actually benefit your sale if you do open and play it--and discover if it sounds like it was recorded in a tin can. Some copies are better, but still a tad thin and with quite a bit of distortion in the cymbal capture.

• Options
    Not quite sure how opening it would actually benefit the sale. I'll leave it sealed like I received it. Thanks though.
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371

I'm sure it's been discussed ad-nauseum, but this release has some sketchy-at-best recording sources. It might actually benefit your sale if you do open and play it--and discover if it sounds like it was recorded in a tin can. Some copies are better, but still a tad thin and with quite a bit of distortion in the cymbal capture.

Huh? It's the same "recording sources" used in all Blue Room shows. Are you just saying the sound quality in general?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I think it sounds fucking awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Yep. Buy this record!!!

bump...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    mfc2006 said:

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Only person among hundreds I've heard say this.
  • Options
    Bump for $85 shipped?
  • Options
    breasoner11breasoner11 Posts: 36
    edited October 2016

He's not alone. After hearing weird distortion at the very beginning in Cameron's hi-hat on Pendulum and throughout both sides of the LP, I thought I might have received a defective copy. I began researching it and read that others had similar issues with their copies. When I wrote to Third Man, they admitted that the defects were in the source recording. Pressing-wise there have also been issues with how noisy or not-so-quiet the vinyl sounds, but mine was pretty good in that respect.
    Post edited by breasoner11 on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140

He's not alone. After hearing weird distortion at the very beginning in Cameron's hi-hat on Pendulum and throughout both sides of the LP, I thought I might have received a defective copy. I began researching it and read that others had similar issues with their copies. When I wrote to Third Man, they admitted that the defects were in the source recording. Pressing-wise there have also been issues with how noisy or not-so-quiet the vinyl sounds, but mine was pretty good in that respect.
    I was vocal about it when I got mine but was one of the only ones on this forum. You'll read a lot more posts about poor sound quality on other more audiophile forums. Mine is just nothing to brag about and didn't meet the hype in general to me. Important to own for completion but not one I'll play a lot.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Bump for a great freaking price though, 85 shipped is awesome, op.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141

mfc2006 said:

My copy sounds fucking great, sounds like they are set up in my house when it's playing!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Sold!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

This is the first I have seen on this. People were reporting that it sounded tinny on only some pressings? I don't see how that would be possible. Almost everyone said it sounded great. All of the pressings should sound the same unless there is damage to the vinyl itself.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata