Options

Anyone watching Designated Survivor? (Possible spoilers!)

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
edited October 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
So far so good IMO! I'm enjoying it! The way it starts - crazytown! - kind of sets it apart from the other White House dramas. It's already a bit more House of Cards politics than it is West Wing politics, haha, plus the whole sudden national emergency/impending war situation. And I like Kiefer Sutherland. It is fairly provocative so far too (for network TV that is), what with the whole Muslim terrorist thing and the rogue Governor of Michigan debacle, and that 'the only thing that will unite America is war' theory.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by PJ_Soul on

Comments

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I'm watching it. I think it's the only new network show I'm watching this year. It's not as sharp as 24 and I wish his wife would go away (boring), but it's such a great idea (who does he trust?) and I also like Kiefer Sutherland.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I'm watching it and really enjoying it. I was kind of on the fence about the premise of the show, but gave it a chance anyways. I think it's going to be very interesting seeing the progression of Agent Wells' investigation and seeing how that fully plays out.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    I like it a lot as well. It follows the basic formula but is entertaining.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    I've been watching. It's pretty good....nothing groundbreaking or anything, but has been entertaining.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Just watched tonight's episode, been enjoying it so far. Really like Kal Penn's character so far, as well as the fact they're keeping it (more or less) grounded in the real world, instead of using Somewhere-istan (a la 24) as the enemy, lol.

I might suggest the old spoiler rules from the 24 days apply? Namely, tonight's episode doesn't get openly discussed until it's aired on the west coast (not sure how/when it's airing internationally, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022