Options

Hipsters and Young Folk

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Predictions as to what will be the next "big thing" after hipsters?  Is it already happening?
    New offering from the new generation...

Jeans with "dirt" built in to them...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/nation-now/2017/04/26/nordstrom-selling-425-jeans-covered-fake-mud-mike-rowe-calls-them-out/100921914/

Also the "Romper"...
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/health/male-romper-romphim-trend-trnd/

Enjoy.
    The dirt jeans are probably made for those guys who splash mud on their jacked up trucks, right?  But is anyone really clueless enough to spend hundreds of dollars on that kind of nonsense?

But the rompers- eeyiiee!  Reminds me of something James Howard Kunstler once wrote about massively over-sized clothes that some guys were (and a few still are) wearing.  He said it was a graphic illustration of men today having difficulty growing up, that it's a subconscious move to remain a child.  So what's next, young men in diapers? 

Each to his own I guess.  I don't judge what people wear individually, but I think it's worth looking at trends from a social perspective.  Where are were going, forwards or back?
    I do plan on rocking a Romper this summer, heheh!
    I would pay any one of my buddies $500 to wear one of those monstrosities and go bar hopping with me in Philly.  :rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Predictions as to what will be the next "big thing" after hipsters?  Is it already happening?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/nation-now/2017/04/26/nordstrom-selling-425-jeans-covered-fake-mud-mike-rowe-calls-them-out/100921914/

Also the "Romper"...

Enjoy.
    The dirt jeans are probably made for those guys who splash mud on their jacked up trucks, right?  But is anyone really clueless enough to spend hundreds of dollars on that kind of nonsense?

But the rompers- eeyiiee!  Reminds me of something James Howard Kunstler once wrote about massively over-sized clothes that some guys were (and a few still are) wearing.  He said it was a graphic illustration of men today having difficulty growing up, that it's a subconscious move to remain a child.  So what's next, young men in diapers? 

Each to his own I guess.  I don't judge what people wear individually, but I think it's worth looking at trends from a social perspective.  Where are were going, forwards or back?
    I do plan on rocking a Romper this summer, heheh!
    I would pay any one of my buddies $500 to wear one of those monstrosities and go bar hopping with me in Philly.  :rofl:

on my way....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Welcome - I'll pay you $500 just to come to dirty jersey and hang with me again.
  • Options
    And I could start a fund for the pictures....that would pay for your trip.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    I would so much rather guys wore dresses rather than kids clothes.  I mean really, tell me these guys aren't cool!

Well, OK, maybe not that last guy...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    brianlux said:

Also the "Romper"...

Enjoy.

seen those dirty jeans on the news a week or so ago. anyone purchasing a pair of dirt-jeans should literally be slapped the fuck out of. the individual that came up with such a thing should be ran over for 2 hours by a team of sled dogs & a drunken musher covered in filthy mountain-man type clothing stinking of whiskey & his own shit       
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    chadwick said:
    brianlux said:

Also the "Romper"...

Enjoy.

seen those dirty jeans on the news a week or so ago. anyone purchasing a pair of dirt-jeans should literally be slapped the fuck out of. the individual that came up with such a thing should be ran over for 2 hours by a team of sled dogs & a drunken musher covered in filthy mountain-man type clothing stinking of whiskey & his own shit       
    Seems a little excessive for poor fashion sense. Especially given that I have that, too. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,016
    chadwick said:
    brianlux said:

Also the "Romper"...

Enjoy.

I personally want to rock the Romper this year.  I figure the entertainment value for years to come is worth it.
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited May 2017

Howie Mandell wore one of these on Ellen last week. Never. Just like tight jeans or V neck t-shirts..Never.
    Post edited by erocshifty on
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    what the fuck is a romper?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't care what anyone wears or listens to or buys... just as long as you don't stink! My god, people are stinky this year. I am pretty sure it's the stinkiest year so far in my lifetime.
    ^^This. Holy hell!  :sick:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    chadwick said:
    They're in style now Chadwick. You better get on that before you miss the fashion boat.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    :rofl: Chadwick, if you get and wear a romper, please :prayer: post a pic here.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,016
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:
    They're in style now Chadwick. You better get on that before you miss the fashion boat.

I don't think they are in style yet but are being talked about.  

This shit won't last...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:

This shit won't last...
    This might pass, this might last..... sure hope it doesn't grow.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:
    chadwick said:

This shit won't last...
    This might pass, this might last..... sure hope it doesn't grow.
    (that is so not what she said)

Is there a zip-fly in case it does?

I do like his moccasins, though.
  • Options
    I would wear a romper to work for an entire week (and launder it midweek so I don't stink) but there''s one catch:  I would have to be paid $10,000 to do so.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I do like these new track pants with elastic at the ankles and are technically Slim Fit. I found a couple of pairs of Reebok's and Adidas while shopping yesterday and they're quite comfortable. They're not tight, so they get a pass. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    I do like these new track pants with elastic at the ankles and are technically Slim Fit. I found a couple of pairs of Reebok's and Adidas while shopping yesterday and they're quite comfortable. They're not tight, so they get a pass. 
    Gangster Joggers?  :lol:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    brianlux said:
    I would wear a romper to work for an entire week (and launder it midweek so I don't stink) but there''s one catch:  I would have to be paid $10,000 to do so.
    I'd maybe do it for $50k.  Maybe.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    $50k?  I have to say that I would do it.  I do not lack for spending cash but just looking like a total a$$hole for a week and not hurting anyone or anything...and getting 50K?  I would do it.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited June 2017
    brianlux said:
    $50k?  I have to say that I would do it.  I do not lack for spending cash but just looking like a total a$$hole for a week and not hurting anyone or anything...and getting 50K?  I would do it.

I would have thought that maybe $2K would be enough for just about anybody to wear that for a week, lol. $50K?? Lots of people would go to work naked for a week for that much. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited June 2017
    I'd wear it for a week for $500
    I'm not very concerned with fashion.
    I was actually thinking that, if sized right, it would be a good outfit for working around the farm.
    Overalls are great, short legged overalls?  Why not?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

romper room

the only romper i know

https://youtu.be/ijuNjnB8734

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Yeah, I was going to call bullshit on Dyer ;). Who wouldn't wear that for $50,000? Who wouldn't wear it for $10,000? $5,000?
  • Options
    $5000 for a week?  That depends on a lot of factors.  
    A guy in Vegas once got fake boobs for I want to say $100k for a year on a bet.
  • Options
    $5000 for a week?  That depends on a lot of factors.  
    A guy in Vegas once got fake boobs for I want to say $100k for a year on a bet.
    Oh, come on - you'd quibble at $5,000? And, exactly - all you do is tell people it's a bet. No surgery required.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

I would have thought that maybe $2K would be enough for just about anybody to wear that for a week, lol. $50K?? Lots of people would go to work naked for a week for that much. :lol:
    I wore a dress to work once in the early 80's and didn't get a nickle.  But a romper? 10 grand is my price and I'm stickin' to it!

• Options
    Yeah I've done worse for things I imagine...that still outrageous
  • Options
    What about bringing back the high waist pants look?