PiL

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
I recently came across a few EP's off of the two twenty first version Public Image Ltd. LP's. These Ep's have 3 or 4 cuts each from the albums, "This is PiL" and "What the World Needs Now..." and am just blown away. Lydon's newest incarnation of PiL--

John Lydon (vocals)
Lu Edmonds (guitar, and other assorted instruments)
Scott Firth (bass, other instruments)
Bruce Smith (drums, percussion)

-- is fantastic works together marvelously. Even some of the more "challenging" stuff is... well, it's really not if you just let go and let it go. I was drawn into this world right away. Amazing. I will definitely be charging right into those two albums in full before long.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• halvhalv Posts: 675
    Love the newest album "What the World Needs Now...". Saw PiL live last year and the were phenomenal. Lydon's voice is better than ever.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    halv said:

Love the newest album "What the World Needs Now...". Saw PiL live last year and the were phenomenal. Lydon's voice is better than ever.

I'm getting that one soon. Can't wait! I learned recently that PiL were here last year and was bummed that I didn't know about it. My ears are trashed so loud shows are very difficult but I'm wonder if with Lu's Edmond's hearing issues maybe they aren't too loud. Did you find that to be so, halv?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.