Options

Hurricane Matthew

2»

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Me too Ray. Just got an update that Jacksonville is in the eye of the storm!

Just before that I was told Jacksonville had 75 mile hour winds that if you hadn't left you were shelter in place. Everything is shut down.

Apparently she left 3 hours ago. I have no f'in clue where she is going to go. Or where she is now.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    FoxyRedLa said:

Me too Ray. Just got an update that Jacksonville is in the eye of the storm!

Just before that I was told Jacksonville had 75 mile hour winds that if you hadn't left you were shelter in place. Everything is shut down.

Apparently she left 3 hours ago. I have no f'in clue where she is going to go. Or where she is now.

Wow. I hope she found somewhere to ride this storm out, and is staying safe. I know that northern coast is getting hit as we speak.
  • Options
    Thank you so much Ray! Me too. I cant imagine what any one is going thru with this storm. Scary.
  • Options
    The storm isn't that bad as it was going to be. Still everyone needs to be safe.

Stay alert Florida! Be safe.
  • Options

The storm isn't that bad as it was going to be. Still everyone needs to be safe.

Not as bad for Florida, but turning out to be worse than expected for Charleston and rest of SC coast.
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    Got word my Aunt made it out safe! She was blocked from one bridge and had to drive towards a tornado!
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,652

Not as bad for Florida, but turning out to be worse than expected for Charleston and rest of SC coast.

Exactly. It's going to be worse for places like Savannah, Hilton Head, Beaufort, Charleston, and even Myrtle Beach and some of the barrier islands in SC.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    FoxyRedLa said:

Got word my Aunt made it out safe! She was blocked from one bridge and had to drive towards a tornado!

Driving towards a tornado had to be terrifying,happy to hear your aunt made it to safety!
  • Options
    I'm in the Charleston area, inland about 10 miles. waiting for the worst..
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    FoxyRedLa said:

That has to be a pretty nerve wrecking situation. Glad to hear she made it to safety.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Watching the track closer to Charleston. Hoping for the best but it's just not looking too good. I was supposed to be there this weekend, in fact, visiting friends, going to the now rescheduled Johnny Lang show on Sunday, cruising around the Folly River in my friend's new boat. Clearly disappointed my getaway was ruined by the track of the storm, but obviously terribly worried about the massive amounts of water they're about to get. It's going to be awful. Folly Beach is going to be wrecked.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Ironic username ;)

Continued wishes from here for safety of lives, pets and property.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Ironic username ;)

Continued wishes from here for safety of lives, pets and property.
    Yeah, and old nickname that gains Imirony every now and then..

Still awaiting the worst, and looks like we'll get a landfall..
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options

FoxyRedLa said:

Driving towards a tornado had to be terrifying,happy to hear your aunt made it to safety!
    Ray J. T. said:

FoxyRedLa said:

That has to be a pretty nerve wrecking situation. Glad to hear she made it to safety.

Thanks guys! Yes it sux. Shes a grown woman and you cant tell her what to do ya know. Shes lived in Florida a few decades now its not like she isnt seasoned.

Shes safe. And hopefully not too much damage to go home to.

Thank you again. Means a lot! I've already lost her brother, young. We've already lost her father, young.

Im so thankful she decided to leave. Fuck 75 mile hour winds doesn't that just shred shit?? Rip it right offfff!

You tell me to evac im sorry im leaving!
  • Options

FoxyRedLa said:

Sorry meant to quote here! See above lol. This phone is junk. Junk.
  • Options
    I am staying with relatives about 200 miles from the coast and the wind is terrible here so can imagine what it's like in Charleston. So worried about my friends who didn't evacuate but have heard from a few and also my aunt and everyone's good so far. This hurricane hitting a year after the devastating flood my state suffered is just too much. And those poor people in Haiti. Ugh. Mother nature is no joke.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    My son is a senior at SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design.) They cancelled classes beginning Wednesday of last week, and luckily he left that night with some friends prior to the mandatory evacuation and road closures. One of his friends is from Columbia, SC so they headed up there, and their family was gracious enough to offer them all a place to stay until this thing blows over. The college transported the remaining students by bus to their Atlanta campus, and most of those students are staying in the gymnasium on cots until they're allowed to return back to Savannah. Thankfully my son is safe and comfortable where he is. Originally, the campus was going to re-open and classes resume on Monday, but now it looks like that won't happen until Tuesday or Wednesday due to power still being out, trees down, and general cleanup that needs to happen before the campus can re-open safely. Crazy stuff!

Hope everyone else in the area is hanging in there!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options

My son is a senior at SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design.) They cancelled classes beginning Wednesday of last week, and luckily he left that night with some friends prior to the mandatory evacuation and road closures. One of his friends is from Columbia, SC so they headed up there, and their family was gracious enough to offer them all a place to stay until this thing blows over. The college transported the remaining students by bus to their Atlanta campus, and most of those students are staying in the gymnasium on cots until they're allowed to return back to Savannah. Thankfully my son is safe and comfortable where he is. Originally, the campus was going to re-open and classes resume on Monday, but now it looks like that won't happen until Tuesday or Wednesday due to power still being out, trees down, and general cleanup that needs to happen before the campus can re-open safely. Crazy stuff!

Hope everyone else in the area is hanging in there!

Glad your son is safe! My sister graduated from SCAD a couple of years ago. Love Savannah. I hope it didn't sustain too much damage.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,652
    My family and I will return home tomorrow. We apparently have power now in the neighborhood but other than that not sure what to expect.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2