Options

Syria and the US's Motive

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited January 2017
    Speaking of the white helmets....
    http://www.activistpost.com/2017/01/white-helmets-solidarity-with-al-qaeda-hold-citizens-hostage-in-damascus-with-no-water.html
    Apparently AQ is holding 5 million civilians in Damascus hostage by rigging the main water processing plant for the city and threatening to blow it up if political concessions are not made...The washington post has reported that the plant was shut down because Russia bombed it (why would Russia bomb a water plant supplying water to a city their allies hold?....because they're eeeeevil, I guess)...but indy sites are claiming AQ has been bragging about it on social media about it. There is also this letter, making the demands:

A closeup of a signatory:
    ^^That is the white helmets logo, alongside factions of AQ....
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Speaking of the white helmets....
    http://www.activistpost.com/2017/01/white-helmets-solidarity-with-al-qaeda-hold-citizens-hostage-in-damascus-with-no-water.html
    Apparently AQ is holding 5 million civilians in Damascus hostage by rigging the main water processing plant for the city and threatening to blow it up if political concessions are not made...The washington post has reported that the plant was shut down because Russia bombed it (why would Russia bomb a water plant supplying water to a city their allies hold?....because they're eeeeevil, I guess)...but indy sites are claiming AQ has been bragging about it on social media about it. There is also this letter, making the demands:

A closeup of a signatory:
    ^^That is the white helmets logo, alongside factions of AQ....

I read about that a few days ago...allegedly funded by guess who?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-uk-paid-white-helmets-help-al-qaeda-blocking-water-to-5-million-thirsty-syrians/5566309
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    If the "white helmets" ala US and UK forces were doing this covertly, why would they sign a letter?
  • Options
    Good question. Obviously not meant to be covert, assuming the letter is legit.
  • Options

Good question. Obviously not meant to be covert, assuming the letter is legit.

That's the point. I don't believe the letter is legit. You don't think there would be a field day in the news leading up to the election if the UN was working with AQ? The conservatives in this country have been trying to delegitimize the UN for years. If this was true, they would hammer it until we left.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This (taking Damascus hostage) is happening now, not pre-election. The white helmets don't have anything to do with the UN (those helmets are blue). As for the media not covering the AQ alliance...that's what we've been talking about in Syria all along.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    mrussel1 said:

If the "white helmets" ala US and UK forces were doing this covertly, why would they sign a letter?

this isn't really a covert mission ... obama has openly admitted to funding and arming the "rebels" ... this mission has been handled as much by PR firms as they have by other areas of gov't ...

the reality is that most american think russia is bad, that syria is bad ... so, there really is no need to hide ... no msm outlet is reporting anything other than the narrative the gov't wants ...

remember - americansjust voted in trump despite all that is out there ... it's not remotely necessary to worry about any "fallout" ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

this isn't really a covert mission ... obama has openly admitted to funding and arming the "rebels" ... this mission has been handled as much by PR firms as they have by other areas of gov't ...

the reality is that most american think russia is bad, that syria is bad ... so, there really is no need to hide ... no msm outlet is reporting anything other than the narrative the gov't wants ...

remember - americansjust voted in trump despite all that is out there ... it's not remotely necessary to worry about any "fallout" ...
    So that's an interesting point and it will important to watch how this plays out. Now remember that Clinton earned 3MM more votes, so not exactly a Trump landslide. But more importantly is how other congressional leaders react to this newest chunk of information. Also, Obama expelled 35 diplomats and neither Ryan or McConnell has balked or criticized the move. Graham and McCain think he didn't go far enough. So it may not be very easy for Trump to try to reverse some of these decisions.
  • Options
    Video of a women (alleged Syrian journalist) asking John "Country First: take me to a hospital and I'll give you military information" McCain about his support of arming rebels in Syria. As he looks down, she says we cannot turn Syria into Iraq.

https://streamable.com/h86xd
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Video of a women (alleged Syrian journalist) asking John "Country First: take me to a hospital and I'll give you military information" McCain about his support of arming rebels in Syria. As he looks down, she says we cannot turn Syria into Iraq.

You are the king of the asshole smear. What have you ever done to contribute to your country that is even a fraction of John McCain?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

You are the king of the asshole smear. What have you ever done to contribute to your country that is even a fraction of John McCain?
    it's so sad how americans defend guys who wear or have wore camo ... no wonder, the continued fucking over other parts of the world proceeds unabated from anyone at home ...

i don't know JC personally ... but I do John McCain to be another establishment shill willing to wage war in foreign lands for the sake of profiteering ...

• Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

it's so sad how americans defend guys who wear or have wore camo ... no wonder, the continued fucking over other parts of the world proceeds unabated from anyone at home ...

i don't know JC personally ... but I do John McCain to be another establishment shill willing to wage war in foreign lands for the sake of profiteering ...

Read the smear... you want to criticize him for his work as a Senator, then I have no problem with that. But JC is calling him a pussy and a traitor.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Read the smear... you want to criticize him for his work as a Senator, then I have no problem with that. But JC is calling him a pussy and a traitor.
    why is that so offensive to you!? ... what makes him worth defending!? ... how do you rationalize the fact you spend more energy defending him than actually addressing the issue the video talks about!? ... what about the continued efforts to destabilize and fuck over syria by your US elected representatives? ... you're up in arms over some smear on a guy who is a war hawk ... war hawks are the last people on earth that should be stood up for ... they are the ultimate assholes ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

why is that so offensive to you!? ... what makes him worth defending!? ... how do you rationalize the fact you spend more energy defending him than actually addressing the issue the video talks about!? ... what about the continued efforts to destabilize and fuck over syria by your US elected representatives? ... you're up in arms over some smear on a guy who is a war hawk ... war hawks are the last people on earth that should be stood up for ... they are the ultimate assholes ...
    Well first, I don't click on any videos or links from JC (see the pedophilia thread for that reasoning). Second, most of my family served, two were captured and tortured. So I have a soft spot for people who put their lives on the line for ours and pay the price. I say this regardless of the war pigs who constructed the purpose of the war. For example WWII was absolutely necessary whereas Korea and Vietnam were based on a completely faulty strategic theory (I say this nicely). So yeah, I have a problem with JC who.. btw I have no idea why he lives in this country... disparages a soldier, a pilot, who was shot down and tortured. It has nothing to do with McCain's time as a Senator. I hope that is clear.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Well first, I don't click on any videos or links from JC (see the pedophilia thread for that reasoning). Second, most of my family served, two were captured and tortured. So I have a soft spot for people who put their lives on the line for ours and pay the price. I say this regardless of the war pigs who constructed the purpose of the war. For example WWII was absolutely necessary whereas Korea and Vietnam were based on a completely faulty strategic theory (I say this nicely). So yeah, I have a problem with JC who.. btw I have no idea why he lives in this country... disparages a soldier, a pilot, who was shot down and tortured. It has nothing to do with McCain's time as a Senator. I hope that is clear.
    so ... someone who served in the military automatically deserves to be stood up for regardless of his/her actions after!? ... do you have a sore spot for those who have been captured and tortured by your own country? ... do you care about the innocent lives your country is ruining!? ...

in any case - sounds like its a personal spat between the two of ya ... i'm more just frustrated that the atrocities committed by americans continues to be brushed off and ignored ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

so ... someone who served in the military automatically deserves to be stood up for regardless of his/her actions after!? ... do you have a sore spot for those who have been captured and tortured by your own country? ... do you care about the innocent lives your country is ruining!? ...

in any case - sounds like its a personal spat between the two of ya ... i'm more just frustrated that the atrocities committed by americans continues to be brushed off and ignored ...
    Whatever. Go hate America on a non American board. I'm sure you'll have plenty of support. Not sure why you continue to support the capitalistic pig dogs that make money on your every visit to this page and every PJ merch that you buy. Live your convictions.
  • Options
    So you disagree..,,and your knee jerk is to tell the person to leave...I expect that of a true blue blooded nationalist righty, mr russel....seems even sillier when you can't say 'you dun like 'murica, then git the hell out!', because you know Polaris is Canadian. Instead you'd have him boycott the message board of an anti-war American band in protest. Cmon.

I admit I don't know much about his time in the military, his capture, and release...but...Considering how readily he supports sending American boys to the same (or worse) fates...and how readily he supports actions that will destroy an exponentially greater number of foreign lives.... I am 100% comfortable in saying FUCK JOHN MCCAIN. And fuck the US's colonial imperialism, and the yellow ribbon nationalism that enables it.
  • Options

So you disagree..,,and your knee jerk is to tell the person to leave...I expect that of a true blue blooded nationalist righty, mr russel....seems even sillier when you can't say 'you dun like 'murica, then git the hell out!', because you know Polaris is Canadian. Instead you'd have him boycott the message board of an anti-war American band in protest. Cmon.

I admit I don't know much about his time in the military, his capture, and release...but...Considering how readily he supports sending American boys to the same (or worse) fates...and how readily he supports actions that will destroy an exponentially greater number of foreign lives.... I am 100% comfortable in saying FUCK JOHN MCCAIN. And fuck the US's colonial imperialism, and the yellow ribbon nationalism that enables it.

I had no idea of the nationality of Polaris but being Canadian makes it even more hypocritical considering Canada's ongoing support of US policy objectives and the fact that the wars we deal with today were at least partially enabled by Versailles which Canada signed. But I guess if I go to Rush's forum or maybe Tragically Hip or even Nickelback, I'll see you two relentlessly criticize your government and say Canada is far worse than Russia. I'm sure of it.

You can say Fuck McCain all you want if it makes you feel better or stronger. No worries. But as I said I'm drawing a distinction between his time as service man and his time as a Senator. It's not a difficult concept.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

You sound like Trump.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    mrussel1 said:

I had no idea of the nationality of Polaris but being Canadian makes it even more hypocritical considering Canada's ongoing support of US policy objectives and the fact that the wars we deal with today were at least partially enabled by Versailles which Canada signed. But I guess if I go to Rush's forum or maybe Tragically Hip or even Nickelback, I'll see you two relentlessly criticize your government and say Canada is far worse than Russia. I'm sure of it.

You can say Fuck McCain all you want if it makes you feel better or stronger. No worries. But as I said I'm drawing a distinction between his time as service man and his time as a Senator. It's not a difficult concept.
    More of the same. Seriously, telling us to go away accomplishes nothing except to associate you with the yokels telling people to leave if they don’t like murica. At least you didn’t start spouting about the military and our freedoms this time. We already hashed out the Versailles shit like two weeks ago in the Policy dishonesty and hypocrisy thread – so this is another weak attempt to deflect blame for imperialist policy in the here and now, by mentioning a treaty that is ¾ of a century removed from revision. I’ll remind you (again) that I am fully aware that Canada supports these policies. I don’t think I’m overstepping in saying that polaris would agree that the Canadian government needs to distance ourselves from US wars of aggression and covert (and open) regime change operations…and that both of us openly call for this from our government. I have been posting the same opinions on this board (under this name and one before it) for over 15 years (polaris has been here as long as I can remember, with similarly consistent opinions), and have ALWAYS acknowledged Canada’s role in these actions – often being careful to use distinctions like NATO or ‘the west’ when necessary, because I don’t want to foster resentment among anti-war activists to the south by being a hypocrite. I’m sorry, not sorry if it hurts your sensitivities when I’m a little more acute. Would it change US policy if we backed out of NATO and publicly stood against US actions? Of course not. Does that mean we can’t criticize the US? We obviously don’t care how you answer that - we are consistent and fully aware of the world order, who calls the shots, and whose policy needs to change.
    Saying fuck Mccain doesn’t have anything to do with feeling stronger or better. It has everything to do with opposing a war mongering asshole who should be back in a foreign cell for a multitude of reasons – most recently for entering countries covertly to negotiate with terrorists. I understand your distinction and I'm saying it makes zero difference in my opinion him.
    If you don’t like hearing that, maybe you should go back to eastern Ukraine to live your convictions in support of the Bandera-nazis from Svoboda. (see how stupid that sounds?)

• Options
    edited January 2017
    BS44325 said:

You sound like Trump.
    :lol: whatever you say BS....
    You gonna take a stab at my question in the Israeli Apartheid thread, or ignore it? I'm guessing the latter....
  • Options

BS44325 said:

You sound like Trump.
    :lol: whatever you say BS....
    You gonna take a stab at my question in the Israeli Apartheid thread, or ignore it? I'm guessing the latter....
    Haven't made it over there yet. I'll decide whether to answer or ignore depending on how I feel about the question.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

More of the same. Seriously, telling us to go away accomplishes nothing except to associate you with the yokels telling people to leave if they don’t like murica. At least you didn’t start spouting about the military and our freedoms this time. We already hashed out the Versailles shit like two weeks ago in the Policy dishonesty and hypocrisy thread – so this is another weak attempt to deflect blame for imperialist policy in the here and now, by mentioning a treaty that is ¾ of a century removed from revision. I’ll remind you (again) that I am fully aware that Canada supports these policies. I don’t think I’m overstepping in saying that polaris would agree that the Canadian government needs to distance ourselves from US wars of aggression and covert (and open) regime change operations…and that both of us openly call for this from our government. I have been posting the same opinions on this board (under this name and one before it) for over 15 years (polaris has been here as long as I can remember, with similarly consistent opinions), and have ALWAYS acknowledged Canada’s role in these actions – often being careful to use distinctions like NATO or ‘the west’ when necessary, because I don’t want to foster resentment among anti-war activists to the south by being a hypocrite. I’m sorry, not sorry if it hurts your sensitivities when I’m a little more acute. Would it change US policy if we backed out of NATO and publicly stood against US actions? Of course not. Does that mean we can’t criticize the US? We obviously don’t care how you answer that - we are consistent and fully aware of the world order, who calls the shots, and whose policy needs to change.
    Saying fuck Mccain doesn’t have anything to do with feeling stronger or better. It has everything to do with opposing a war mongering asshole who should be back in a foreign cell for a multitude of reasons – most recently for entering countries covertly to negotiate with terrorists. I understand your distinction and I'm saying it makes zero difference in my opinion him.
    If you don’t like hearing that, maybe you should go back to eastern Ukraine to live your convictions in support of the Bandera-nazis from Svoboda. (see how stupid that sounds?)

I never told you to leave. I said it doesn't make sense for someone as anti American as the both to continue funding our military through your purchases. Live your convictions. Oh and thanks for the tax dollars... much oblige, cuz.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Anti-American....
    Reminds me of being called an anti-Semite by Israel supporters with nothing left in their bag of excuses.
    Let the nationalism flow through you. Say the pledge of allegiance ten times, and five god bless america's...you will again find your centre.

In Israel, the path they are on will end with the world turning on them and a single democratic state being imposed by international sanctions...could mean the death of the jewish state.
    In the US...the path your country is on will end with confrontation with China and Russia and the entire world uniting to get out from under the umbrella of US neoliberal economic warfare....could mean the death of the US as sole superpower (and Canada being relegated to the second or third world along with it - happy?).
    You can say I'm anti-this or anti-that....but to me, my opinions and criticisms are meant to prevent bloodshed while transitioning to new realities that include human rights for all...which I think makes me pro-Israel, and pro-US (and pro-Canada). Funny how we can frame our intentions so simply when thinking in black and white, pro/anti terms....
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    My criticism of John "America First; take me to a hospital and I'll give you military information" McCain stems from my belief that he provided flight routes to his captures thereby increasing their efficiency in shooting down US aircraft. It's my belief. Can anyone with certainty put it past McCain?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2008/01/28/john-mccain-prisoner-of-war-a-first-person-account
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Gabbard takes a trip to Syria and comes to the conclusion that Syrians want peace.

https://medium.com/@TulsiGabbard/the-syrian-people-desperately-want-peace-e308f1777a34#.xzrs8ib3i

Their message to the American people was powerful and consistent: There is no difference between “moderate” rebels and al-Qaeda (al-Nusra) or ISIS — they are all the same. This is a war between terrorists under the command of groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda and the Syrian government. They cry out for the U.S. and other countries to stop supporting those who are destroying Syria and her people.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Gabbard takes a trip to Syria and comes to the conclusion that Syrians want peace.

https://medium.com/@TulsiGabbard/the-syrian-people-desperately-want-peace-e308f1777a34#.xzrs8ib3i

Their message to the American people was powerful and consistent: There is no difference between “moderate” rebels and al-Qaeda (al-Nusra) or ISIS — they are all the same. This is a war between terrorists under the command of groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda and the Syrian government. They cry out for the U.S. and other countries to stop supporting those who are destroying Syria and her people.

I find her trip very disturbing and I can't believe she made this trip without the knowledge of either the outgoing administration, the incoming administration, and/or congress. Everybody is denying that they were aware of her travels but if that's the case she would be in major violation of the Logan Act. Something is going on here behind the scenes...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The Logan act? For that? An act that has seen one indictment since 1799....under Thomas Jefferson? :lol: more anti-speech, anti-democratic posturing to further Israel's goals (regime change and the destruction of Syria) from the anti-Arab opposition.
    http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/20/trump-the-democrats-and-the-logan-act/

I mean...who wants to hear from actual Syrians, and their stupid opinions on peace....