Happy 25th Birthday Blood Sex Sugar Magik

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
Title says it all.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Indeed.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Was BSSM and Nevermind released on the same day? That's incredible.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    When I was in high school, one of my friends and I used to refer to it as "RedBlood HotSugar ChiliSex PeppersMagik" all the time because of the way it was printed on the album cover.

This album was also the first time I vividly recall another friend telling me "You're fucking weird, man" when I made him listen to Breaking The Girl. This was one of my best friends from early childhood. Drifted apart after that lol.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited September 2016
    First CD I ever got
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

When I was in high school, one of my friends and I used to refer to it as "RedBlood HotSugar ChiliSex PeppersMagik" all the time because of the way it was printed on the album cover.

This album was also the first time I vividly recall another friend telling me "You're fucking weird, man" when I made him listen to Breaking The Girl. This was one of my best friends from early childhood. Drifted apart after that lol.

Love this!!!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    My first tape with a parental advisory label on it. In my top 10 all time fave records!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Didn't get that album until a decade ago when Stadium came out on iTunes. What Hits and Californication were the only ones I had at the time but once I heard that album I was freaking hooked on it and got the rest of their albums at the time as well. Great production by Rubin.

Happy silver BSSM.

Didn't get that album until a decade ago when Stadium came out on iTunes. What Hits and Californication were the only ones I had at the time but once I heard that album I was freaking hooked on it and got the rest of their albums at the time as well. Great production by Rubin.

Happy silver BSSM.

Rick Rubin and RHCP made Gold.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    This was a stellar album and I remember the hype in the school grounds when this was being passed around. Was lucky enough to see them tour this album in Australia, although that was when JF pulled the pin on the band in Asia and we had Arik Marshall fill in for the remainder of the tour. Got to meet Arik and Flea in a Café the day before the concert and they were both really nice guys.

Got to say that this is the last album of theirs that I loved. I really like Mothers Milk and One Hot Minute as well and didn't mind Californication, but not really liked anything else they've done since with exception of the occasional song.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014

Happy silver BSSM.

Rick Rubin and RHCP made Gold.
    They sure did. Not my favorite, though, but close. By The Way is my favorite RHCP album.
    ^ By The Way is solid. My fave is Stadium Arcadium.
  • KH71368KH71368 Florida Posts: 65
    Listen back to Power of Equality and see how nothing has changed since this was written 25 years ago. Sad.
    KH71368 said:

Listen back to Power of Equality and see how nothing has changed since this was written 25 years ago. Sad.

Ditto the anti war anthem, Righteous and the Wicked.