Options

Start another marijuana thread, please.

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    MayDay10 said:

I expect Chris Christie to be Trump's AG.

Christie, for some reason, is very anti-marijuana, to the point that he sees Federal crack-down as a major priority.

The man who orchestrated bridgegate is going to be AG? Lol... I'll laugh 'til I cry.
    Or Rudy might be? You just need to see him talk for 2 minutes and know with certainly that he's gone off the deep end. Not that being Trump's BFF isn't proof enough.... They actually seem like close personal friends. I expect Trump to engage in nepotism like it's going out of style, so whatever position it is, I think we can be assured that Guilliani will play a major role for Trump. It's like some kind of depressing nightmare.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I expect Chris Christie to be Trump's AG.

Christie, for some reason, is very anti-marijuana, to the point that he sees Federal crack-down as a major priority.

Yes, he is all over the war on drugs despite all the facts that show us it's the worst possible method to fight drug use and crime. It was the most insane thing about him (up until recently, when he endorsed Trump and was proven to have been directly involved in bridgegate, anyway).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    lukin2006 said:

You had a democrat in the white house for the last 8 years...
    Federally its still a class 1 narcotic, so those of you worried can look at your current president...

Yup. Time for Obama to grow a pair and do the right thing before he leaves. He doesn't need help from the congrescritters. He just needs to tell his DEA to make the change. But he's been spineless on this one. Jesus, I dread the thought of Christie as AG.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

You had a democrat in the white house for the last 8 years...
    Federally its still a class 1 narcotic, so those of you worried can look at your current president...

Yup. Time for Obama to grow a pair and do the right thing before he leaves. He doesn't need help from the congrescritters. He just needs to tell his DEA to make the change. But he's been spineless on this one. Jesus, I dread the thought of Christie as AG.
    Agreed, I heard it could be Rudy. Personally I seriously doubt the federal government will interfere in states that have legalized marijuana ... nothing would piss the electorate off more than interfering in democratically passed laws through direct democracy, not to mention taking away a revenue stream from states...I also never even heard Trump discussing pot laws in states where it was already legal, he may have and if he did I missed it...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I don't think Trump cares about weed being legal at all... He might even support making coke legal for recreational use, lol. I don't really understand Christie's take on it at all - it's illogical. Maybe there is some personal, emotional story behind that bizarre stance, or maybe he somehow thought just acting like he loves the war on drugs would keep some voters he was a afraid to lose? Or maybe he's just that big an idiot.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think Trump cares about weed being legal at all... He might even support making coke legal for recreational use, lol. I don't really understand Christie's take on it at all - it's illogical. Maybe there is some personal, emotional story behind that bizarre stance, or maybe he somehow thought just acting like he loves the war on drugs would keep some voters he was a afraid to lose? Or maybe he's just that big an idiot.

According to Jesse Ventura ... he doubts Christie will be anything more than an advisor for Trump, I guess he has legal problems ... i myself don't know if he does, and really don't care if he does...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    edited November 2016
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

According to Jesse Ventura ... he doubts Christie will be anything more than an advisor for Trump, I guess he has legal problems ... i myself don't know if he does, and really don't care if he does...
    He sure does. The road is clear for him to be charged for brigegate and there are supposedly people who intend to pursue that. He could get 10 years in prison for that infantile yet dangerous stunt. But unless it was just an embarrassing pat on the head, Trump seems to have plans for him, judging by the way he made such special mention of him during his acceptance speech. We shall see. I mean, Christie is still better than most of the others who Trump likely plans to pack his cabinet with, so... yeeeaaahh. :neutral:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He sure does. The road is clear for him to be charged for brigegate and there are supposedly people who intend to pursue that. He could get 10 years in prison for that infantile yet dangerous stunt.
    So maybe Ventura is right, he also figured it'd be a non paid role ...

• Options
    can't wait to get back to california again and a quick trip to vegas and garden of the gods is a must and maybe even the gorge
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    welcome to the war on drugs part 2.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

And, they'll lose part 2 just like they lost part 1. It's a war that can't be won.
  • Options
    I doubt the Feds will step on the states that voted in legalization, and each state would be pissed with the Feds interfering with a revenue stream.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    cutz said:

And, they'll lose part 2 just like they lost part 1. It's a war that can't be won.
    "They"didn't lose anything... we the people lost
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    lukin2006 said:

I doubt the Feds will step on the states that voted in legalization, and each state would be pissed with the Feds interfering with a revenue stream.

Obama has been the only thing holding them back, and barely.
    You just watch.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

Obama has been the only thing holding them back, and barely.
    You just watch.
    That's my fear. Obama may be testicularly challenged in this area, but at least he took a don't ask don't tell approach. Giuliani and Christie will be like drug sniffing dogs.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    california going fully rec is bigger than you think. IMO
    this ain't like wa. ore and co....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

california going fully rec is bigger than you think. IMO
    this ain't like wa. ore and co....

It is big, maybe a game changer, but don't forget that the extreme righties that Trump will be appointing pretty much hate California with passion.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    edited November 2016
    the cannabis movement is massive in california x 10
    trump's pals won't mess with california. it would be chaos for them, and besides how are they going to shut down colorado?
    colorado is also a massive movement that can not be turned back. way too many people are heavily invested in this industry there and it's been going great since they voted rec.
    the wave has started. maybe there wont be any new states added while the donald does his thing but the overflow of rec weed across state borders will take too much time and money to enforce
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Possibly best to wait until it is actually legalized to start up your own business...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/11/11/weed-on-wheels-victoria-police-arrest-man-running-a-marijuana-vending-cart_n_12913144.html
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hahahaha...

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016

the cannabis movement is massive in california x 10
    trump's pals won't mess with california. it would be chaos for them, and besides how are they going to shut down colorado?
    colorado is also a massive movement that can not be turned back. way too many people are heavily invested in this industry there and it's been going great since they voted rec.
    the wave has started. maybe there wont be any new states added while the donald does his thing but the overflow of rec weed across state borders will take too much time and money to enforce

I've heard multiple people say this. It doesn't matter how big the movement is, it is against federal law. If they decide to start enforcing it by the letter of the law it will hurt. Another one of the many reasons this election was so important. These people are operating in plain sight. It wouldn't require that much detective work to shut it down.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Is this the new "they're gonna take all our guns?"
  • Options

• Options
    ya'll want another wave to ponder?
    all of canada. every province, from shore to shore, will have legal rec cannabis in early 2017
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

all of canada. every province, from shore to shore, will have legal rec cannabis in early 2017

Proposed, yes; you're getting a little bit ahead of yourself since there are probably still hurdles but I'm sure we'll get there at some point. And thumbs up for that, so we can get away from the current sham of our "medicinal marijuana" program.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Proposed, yes; you're getting a little bit ahead of yourself since there are probably still hurdles but I'm sure we'll get there at some point. And thumbs up for that, so we can get away from the current sham of our "medicinal marijuana" program.
    i will let you slice the pie how ever you want but fact is all of canada is going legal cannabis spring 2017. that wave is already very much in motion
    and we sure do border a lot of different us states eh ! and i'm also predicting canadian tourism will be UP in 2017 as a result ;)
  • Options

i will let you slice the pie how ever you want but fact is all of canada is going legal cannabis spring 2017. that wave is already very much in motion
    and we sure do border a lot of different us states eh ! and i'm also predicting canadian tourism will be UP in 2017 as a result ;)
    I really hope your right...

• Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    We need to legalize now more than ever. Somebody needs to tell Trump stoned people don't get motivated enough to go protest on the streets! HAHAHA. And the money made by the government from the taxes on it? Win Win all around.
  • Options
    i read a quote in the newspaper today....with the new states voting rec now, 1/5 of all americans have access to rec cannabis. that's a lot of people, people! :)
This discussion has been closed.