Options

Start another marijuana thread, please.

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    hedonist said:

lukin2006 said:

THE LOOK said:

I don't partake but I support the legalization of marijuana 100%! It seems like many problems could be solved with legalization! Keep up the good fight!

Just think how much money could be saved just legalizing it and ending this silly war on drugs, especially the war on those who just partake in using ... just ridiculous...
    And make plenty of room for those who deserve to serve serious time.

And clear up court dockets for those who deserve to be tried for horrific acts.

God knows it helps with my back shit, but it's also really nice to be buzzed and laughing my ass off at the Hamptons episode of Seinfeld right now.

"maybe she's trying to create a buzz" right as I wrote that. You can't make this up =)

*Apparently extra edits are required. Ha!
    Well said
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited October 2016
    I guess Hillary and Trump won't touch this issue because they are not sure how it would affect their chances of winning, despite many polls showing that the majority of Americans support some level legalization or decriminalization? Seems like a missed opportunity for Clinton really (obviously a Republican probably wouldn't want to touch it). This issue becomes a really major one if a politician floats it in a campaign, and it probably could have helped Clinton. Once you start talking about federal income amd savings as well as the benefits to the criminal justice system that could result from legalization and having good plans for how the money and savings are spent, and alsontalk about how the industry would produce a ton of legit jobs, people start taking it seriously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    is there any scientific evidence that proves cannabis cures anything ?

Godfather.
  • Options

Godfather.
  • Options

Godfather.
  • Options
    sorry for repost my computer is freaking out on me...

Godfather.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711

sorry for repost my computer is freaking out on me...

Godfather.

Have a smoke, GF. I believe it is a cure for MPS (multiple posting syndrome).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I thought maybe you were smoking some! :rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Godfather.

to my knowledge, nothing but personal testimonials where people "swear" that cannibis oil cured their incurable cancer. but the point isn't about curing, really. it's about comfort. it helps people with chronic pain, is not addictive (physically), does not tend to destroy families like alcohol, it helps chemo patients keep their weight up during treatment which is vital to their survival, etc. not to mention zero deaths as it is physically impossible to overdose.

https://www.theweedblog.com/how-much-marijuana-does-it-take-for-someone-to-overdose/

8. At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and it makes tv a fuck of a lot funnier.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2016

Godfather.

Well it's still largely anecdotal proof. Yes, i call it proof. People who are suffering use it and their symptoms improve. There are videos and stories about it all over the Internet. Stories like children who have hundreds of seizures a day, then use medical Marijuana products and their seizures immediately stop for weeks at a time. There are tons of cases similar to this real example. That's proof in my book.

But scientific proof remains illusive (for what i cinsider bullshit reasons). Here is something for you to read about this issue:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/medical-marijuana-how-the-evidence-stacks-up/

http://www.medicaldaily.com/new-research-undermines-benefits-medical-marijuana-why-it-so-hard-prove-weed-works-339770
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    We'd have a lot more actual, peer reviewed studies if the goddamned federal government would remove MJ from schedule 1 of the Controlled Substances Act. But as PJSoul and HFD have said, there is plenty of evidence regarding benefits of MJ - from pain relief to seizure control to anti-nausea help, etc...
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

Godfather.

Yea, actually there is...why would you want to know...I find most people are pro-legalization or anti-legalization and the anti crowd refuses to listen and acknowledge that people that use it for medicinal purposes are gaining benefit from using...keeping it illegal makes it very hard to conduct more conclusive research. Here in Canada it is de-fecto legal, a doctor script and your good to go ... getting far easier to get these days, more drs are on board with its usage.

Dr. Sanjay Guta CNN Specials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZzgfyXhJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m09Inj-aaK8
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options

Godfather.

to my knowledge, nothing but personal testimonials where people "swear" that cannibis oil cured their incurable cancer. but the point isn't about curing, really. it's about comfort. it helps people with chronic pain, is not addictive (physically), does not tend to destroy families like alcohol, it helps chemo patients keep their weight up during treatment which is vital to their survival, etc. not to mention zero deaths as it is physically impossible to overdose.

https://www.theweedblog.com/how-much-marijuana-does-it-take-for-someone-to-overdose/

8. At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.
    And the good news is it'd be physically impossible to consume that much, great and interesting info ... never read that before, but not a single person has died from consumption of weed, more die from simple aspirin a year than pot...

• Options
    And if anyone thinks Clinton would lead the charge to legalize, lol, she like all US politicians, in bed with big pharma...

• Options
    Absolutely wish John was around today to lead the pro-legalization movement and we sure as hell could use his vice in the peace movement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJLInCgem8

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

And if anyone thinks Clinton would lead the charge to legalize, lol, she like all US politicians, in bed with big pharma...

I am not denying this, but I am not believing it as fact either. This actually remains to be seen. Hillary has not spoken kindly of big pharma in her campaign, but big pharma lobbyists donated to her campaign anyhow and she didn't turn it down (has she ever or would she ever turn down campaign donations? Should we expect her to?). I haven't seen any proof that that is more than big pharma giving it their best shot. I guess we'll find out if it worked after January 2017.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I don't smoke it...never have...but I don't see how there can be an argument against marijuana when alcohol is legal, and MUCH more deadly.
  • Options
    Even though Dr Gupta has changed his mind, we can not look to the Americans to lead the way in research, they can not be trusted...everything with them is politically motivated. I'd like to see Canada move forward with legalization and start offering research grants to universities that want to research its medical benefits, we'd have much more success partnering with European countries in conducting joint research...anyways thats my hope for the future, its a benefit for me in more ways than 1... and I know others who benefit greatly...

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    lukin2006 said:

Even though Dr Gupta has changed his mind, we can not look to the Americans to lead the way in research, they can not be trusted...everything with them is politically motivated. I'd like to see Canada move forward with legalization and start offering research grants to universities that want to research its medical benefits, we'd have much more success partnering with European countries in conducting joint research...anyways thats my hope for the future, its a benefit for me in more ways than 1... and I know others who benefit greatly...

I'll be conducting some of that a little later!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    I tried in vain to get my aunt to try weed while she was suffering from cancer before she died. she wouldn't. the stigma is crazy. and weird with her coming up in the 60's.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

I'll help!
  • Options
    that reminds me. my Queens of the Stone Age nug jar is empty! Dammit!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I am not denying this, but I am not believing it as fact either. This actually remains to be seen. Hillary has not spoken kindly of big pharma in her campaign, but big pharma lobbyists donated to her campaign anyhow and she didn't turn it down (has she ever or would she ever turn down campaign donations? Should we expect her to?). I haven't seen any proof that that is more than big pharma giving it their best shot. I guess we'll find out if it worked after January 2017.
    You can turn down campaign donations if its against your principles, but the only principles the Clintons have is more money.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

I'll help!
    I suppose my arm could be twisted to participate.

Hugh, I want one of those jars! My dispensary has similar items, but not music-related.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

Godfather.

pain
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Good jars are hard to come by. They should all taper at the bottom so you can reach your fingers down there, IF, you are so unfortunate as to get that low.
    The tapered bottom should be paired with a base like all bongs come with to keep from tipping. That kind of lid works, but a flip top is better.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

I'll help!

Hugh, I want one of those jars! My dispensary has similar items, but not music-related.
    it cost me a bunch. it was only $9 or so in the store, but with shipping and exchange it ended up being $40 CDN. But it works great. Everything stays fresh as a daisy. Check out the qotsa store, maybe they still stock them.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

I'll help!

Well... hmmmm...

Oh alright... me too!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.