Options

Start another marijuana thread, please.

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    mj is a gift. those who get it and spread its joy are a gift to the earth as well.
  • Options
    the state of marijuana in 2016: And ESP can be POTUS, the harmless users of the plant are still shunned across the globe.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited November 2016
    @weddingparade Thanks for that info! That site looks like a pretty good resource. I noticed frequent muscle spasms was a qualifying condition on the proposal. Thats good news for me.
  • Options
    ine of our employees got arrested by the Arlington TX police dept on Saturday for less than a gram. Spent the day in jail and posted $2800 bail early Sunday morning. Assholes told her that they had already talked to her employer and that she would be terminated. Guess what, we just found out this morning. Lying sacks of shit.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/obama-on-his-legacy-trumps-win-and-the-path-forward-w452527
    I will have the opportunity as a private citizen to describe where I think we need to go. But in light of these referenda passing, including in California, I've already said...that it is untenable over the long term for the Justice Department or the DEA to be enforcing a patchwork of laws, where something that's legal in one state could get you a 20-year prison sentence in another. So this is a debate that is now ripe, much in the same way that we ended up making progress on same-sex marriage. There's something to this whole states being laboratories of democracy and an evolutionary approach. You now have about a fifth of the country where this is legal.
    Good job, captain obvious. I'm glad Barak will do as a private citizen what he didn't do as President when he could have been more effective and actually wielded influence. He probably even knew someone in authority at the DEA. But at least he chose to ignore enforcement in states that legalized. That was a baby step in the right direction. He knows the feds are behind the times and acting counter to the will of the majority of the people on this issue, but for some reason has been afraid to actually do anything. I'm glad he's shedding his fear early next year. Too little, too late.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    "Shall we legalize marijuana?"

YES. I can't believe this is even still a discussion in 2016.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    vaggar99 said:

ine of our employees got arrested by the Arlington TX police dept on Saturday for less than a gram. Spent the day in jail and posted $2800 bail early Sunday morning. Assholes told her that they had already talked to her employer and that she would be terminated. Guess what, we just found out this morning. Lying sacks of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu6r7Yd_iG8
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Fuck Jeff Sessions. I'm sure the failed "war on drugs" will be ramping up again early next year. And fuck Obama at this point. He could have and still can do something about it, but chooses to wait until he's a private citizen with no authority to weigh in. Makes sense.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/jeff-sessions-coming-war-on-legal-marijuana-214501
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    jeffbr said:

Fuck Jeff Sessions. I'm sure the failed "war on drugs" will be ramping up again early next year. And fuck Obama at this point. He could have and still can do something about it, but chooses to wait until he's a private citizen with no authority to weigh in. Makes sense.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/jeff-sessions-coming-war-on-legal-marijuana-214501

As a Colorado resident I am not looking forward to this.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Schmucks like Sessions are on the wrong side of history

bring it on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm sure I've said it before - if not in this thread, then in another.

To read about "FDA-approved" meds for so many conditions and diseases with even more side-effects, yet MARIJUANA is considered a danger...

Yeah, no, and fuck you, FDA and your cohorts. Sure you get some good shit done at times but with this, blowing in the wind.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Gun-purchases-get-trickier-as-legal-marijuana-10691031.php?t=b43693ff6c438d9cbb&cmpid=email-premium
    Still illegal even if your state says it's legal...federal offense. Know your laws! Maybe one day they will decriminalize it on the federal level.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    jeffbr said:

I just read an interview with Obama in Rolling Stone. he mentioned how he hopes the federal government decriminilizes it one day. WTF??? why didn't you spearhead this then????
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

jeffbr said:

I just read an interview with Obama in Rolling Stone. he mentioned how he hopes the federal government decriminilizes it one day. WTF??? why didn't you spearhead this then????
    I read the same interview and it pissed me off. The one guy who can actually affect change decides he going to wait until he has no power and then he'll talk about it. What a dolt.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

I read the same interview and it pissed me off. The one guy who can actually affect change decides he going to wait until he has no power and then he'll talk about it. What a dolt.
    That's a dose of "hope and change you can believe in".
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

uh, he did quite a bit in office under that banner.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

I definitely believe my insurance premiums went up. As far as "hope"....well I guess the Democratic Party is in shambles, so I'll give him that.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Fuck Sessions and his war on drugs he won't stand up to the big Pharma industry though what an ass ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

I definitely believe my insurance premiums went up. As far as "hope"....well I guess the Democratic Party is in shambles, so I'll give him that.
    I believe the price of a snickers bar went up to.

U.S. Health Care Cost Increases at Lowest Rate in Nearly 20 years
    Everyone's so worried about providing health insurance, they're forgetting the other half of that puzzle is increasing medical costs, which are outpacing inflation.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2016
    PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

Considering his AG & DOJ gave the green light for states and we now have a majority of Americans living in states with legal or decriminalized recreational marijuana I would say Obama has done quite well on this issue...

But whatever, facts don't matter any more
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

Considering his AG & DOJ gave the green light for states and we now have a majority of Americans living in states with legal or decriminalized recreational marijuana I would say Obama has done quite well on this issue...

I was pleased with Obama's looking the other way policy. I have been pleased and have praised him for commuting the sentences of so many non violent drug offenders. He's definitely been a breath of fresh air in the idiotic war on drugs. What I'm now not pleased about is that he is currently in a position to make a real and lasting change. He currently has the power and influence to do that. But instead he is going to hang us out to dry, and leave us in a tenuous position for the arrival of Trump/Sessions. And once he's out of office and has no power and more limited influence he thinks he'll get to work on the issue. That is a bullshit cop out and he is either displaying weakness or cynicism. Either way, no leadership to be found on this issue.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

my2hands said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

I was pleased with Obama's looking the other way policy. I have been pleased and have praised him for commuting the sentences of so many non violent drug offenders. He's definitely been a breath of fresh air in the idiotic war on drugs. What I'm now not pleased about is that he is currently in a position to make a real and lasting change. He currently has the power and influence to do that. But instead he is going to hang us out to dry, and leave us in a tenuous position for the arrival of Trump/Sessions. And once he's out of office and has no power and more limited influence he thinks he'll get to work on the issue. That is a bullshit cop out and he is either displaying weakness or cynicism. Either way, no leadership to be found on this issue.
    Pretty sure the dems just want to use it as a talking point in the next election. Why make a change now when you can run on the "legalize marijuana" platform 4 years from now...politics...
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Maybe if some people chipped in, we could get the powers that be a Pear Jam Vault and a bag of weed..I think a few minds would change.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    I'd like to see the federal government legalize it. It's not the Boogeyman drug everyone in the 40's and 50's thought it was. He'll,its not even a drug!
  • Options
    conservatives are the biggest potheads in this country, they just don't have the guts to stand up for it. that's where liberals come in.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

conservatives are the biggest potheads in this country, they just don't have the guts to stand up for it. that's where liberals come in.

I'm conservative on some issues and have stood up for it. I know others of similar minds and actions, not only in this forum.

Honestly, there's no need for division on this issue. Liberal, conservative, who fucking cares? Not sure why that's ever an issue, other than preconceptions.
  • Options
    ^^^sorry just had to vent there. but i have to ask, you realize the PEOTUS is anti-pot, right? he seems to prefer amphetamines
  • Options
    No worries, I get the need to let it out.

And I also get the stances of many of our "elects", but still...to lump other people, based on odd labels, in separate piles (and based on what?), that I don't get. I took your comment in that vein, vs. appointed or elected officials.
  • Options
    the usa can't stop this movement in canada. the world is changing. full decriminalization and legalization is right around the corner for all of canada
    "Now is the time to move away from a system that has, for decades, been focused on the prohibition of cannabis into a regulated legal market," said Anne McLellan,
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said key objectives of the legislation are to keep marijuana out of the hands of children and to choke off profits to organized crime.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/marijuana-legalization-pot-task-force-1.3893876
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

the usa can't stop this movement in canada. the world is changing. full decriminalization and legalization is right around the corner for all of canada
    "Now is the time to move away from a system that has, for decades, been focused on the prohibition of cannabis into a regulated legal market," said Anne McLellan,
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said key objectives of the legislation are to keep marijuana out of the hands of children and to choke off profits to organized crime.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/marijuana-legalization-pot-task-force-1.3893876

For sure, it's in full swing. They are now discussing logistics, specifics about regulation, how it will be priced, etc. It is definitely happening.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.