Options

Start another marijuana thread, please.

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Honestly, HFD, I think you're fine, particularly if you have a source you trust, but if Emory thinks that fentanyl laced drugs is just a scare story made up by "abolitionists " she's completely out of touch with reality. People are overdosing by the hundreds, and deaths are way, way up, among people who never intended to use fentanyl. Sometimes they never intended to use an opiate at all. There's no question that other drugs are being laced with all sorts of shit; a recent study out of the SIS in Vancouver found almost 90% of drugs handed over for testing contained fentanyl. That's laboratory confirmed. So yeah, your pot is likely okay; you're not in the downtown east side. But minimizing this issue really burns me. I know people who have died. There is no honour among rhese dealers.

sorry to hear that. Thanks for the info.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Honestly, HFD, I think you're fine, particularly if you have a source you trust, but if Emory thinks that fentanyl laced drugs is just a scare story made up by "abolitionists " she's completely out of touch with reality. People are overdosing by the hundreds, and deaths are way, way up, among people who never intended to use fentanyl. Sometimes they never intended to use an opiate at all. There's no question that other drugs are being laced with all sorts of shit; a recent study out of the SIS in Vancouver found almost 90% of drugs handed over for testing contained fentanyl. That's laboratory confirmed. So yeah, your pot is likely okay; you're not in the downtown east side. But minimizing this issue really burns me. I know people who have died. There is no honour among rhese dealers.

Do you have any credible links to this weed infested fentanyl epidemic? I sincerely ask, because I just find references to people talking about it. Fentanyl is for sure a problem, and fentanyl laced drugs is absolutely an issue, but I don't actually see weed being the "drug" getting dosed in any sort of epidemic scale.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    everything I read last night was all about people ODing on fentanyl alone, not anything laced with it. one story out of winnipeg is a girl and her friend took it without even knowing what they were taking. and one of them died. it has always blown me away that people, no matter what age, would try something that is unknown to them. friends of mine did this all the time when we were teens/20's. I would always try to convince them otherwise. Even something like LSD, getting it at a party from some scummy looking stranger; never could figure out why people would take that risk.

although, I never took anything that didn't come from the earth in some way.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    edited November 2016
    What doesn't come from the earth in some way, unless it's moon rocks?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I don't know about links regarding weed laced with fentanyl. If I get time I'll try to look. Weed laced with meth is a definite here in Victoria, though.
  • Options

I mean as in somewhat natural, like derived from a plant and not super processed. LSD is all chemical. stuff like that scares the hell out of me.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

I mean as in somewhat natural, like derived from a plant and not super processed. LSD is all chemical. stuff like that scares the hell out of me.
    Yeah, I know; I'm just teasing you. But I have to say I find the whole "natural so it must be good" way of thinking to be misguided at best. After all, there are mushrooms growing in lawns in Victoria that will kill you pretty quickly. Foxglove is pretty poisonous. Arsenic. Cyanide. Hemlock. Not that I'm suggesting you use LSD; just know that plenty of natural things can fuck you up pretty badly.
  • Options

Yeah, I know; I'm just teasing you. But I have to say I find the whole "natural so it must be good" way of thinking to be misguided at best. After all, there are mushrooms growing in lawns in Victoria that will kill you pretty quickly. Foxglove is pretty poisonous. Arsenic. Cyanide. Hemlock. Not that I'm suggesting you use LSD; just know that plenty of natural things can fuck you up pretty badly.
    I didn't mean "natural so it must be good". I meant that I just stay away from full on chemicals being injested as they are a bigger gamble.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    weed laced with fentanyl...only out west would that happen....perhaps a very isolated situation IMO
    and who buys their cannabis off a complete stranger these days? no one i know....in fact i have never bought cannabis off a stranger and i'm super old!
  • Options

weed laced with fentanyl...only out west would that happen....perhaps a very isolated situation IMO
    and who buys their cannabis off a complete stranger these days? no one i know....in fact i have never bought cannabis off a stranger and i'm super old!

but what difference does it make if you know the person or not? the person I know got it from someone I don't know. maybe someone else down the line laced it. (I doubt it, just making a point)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

what the hell is synthetic pot? I'd look it up but I really don't want to google search that while at work. :pensive:

Fentanyl is showing up in weed now too. I am definitely glad I buy from a dispensary now. I wouldn't dare buy from a dealer at this point.
    fuck. i'm scared to smoke mine now. i smoked some of mine. if some of it was contaminated, would all of it be? basically what i'm asking is, if i bought 2.5 grams of bud that was still intact, and smoked some, is it reasonable to believe the rest of it is safe?
    Honestly, while it is a comfort to get it from a dispensary, and, since it's an option for me, I wouldn't go elsewhere ever again, I wouldn't worry too much. It's not a rampant problem (yet - when it is, you'll hear about it). Yes, it has happened, but the chances of it happening to you are still small. Maybe ask your dealer what he's hearing about it. Hopefully your dealer knows enough about his product to assure you that it's not an issue (which is almost certainly isn't). However, if there is a medical dispensary in Winnipeg, get in on that man. It's easy to do. Or if you have a cool doctor, you could go the super duper official route and get on that federal medical marijuana mailing deal (which is technically still the only truly legal way to do it).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Do you have any credible links to this weed infested fentanyl epidemic? I sincerely ask, because I just find references to people talking about it. Fentanyl is for sure a problem, and fentanyl laced drugs is absolutely an issue, but I don't actually see weed being the "drug" getting dosed in any sort of epidemic scale.
    It's not an epidemic for weed. It is for some other drugs of course. But for weed, it's not common. It's just happened. There have been some reports, that's all. Not an epidemic, but something to be mindful of.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

what the hell is synthetic pot? I'd look it up but I really don't want to google search that while at work. :pensive:

Fentanyl is showing up in weed now too. I am definitely glad I buy from a dispensary now. I wouldn't dare buy from a dealer at this point.
    fuck. i'm scared to smoke mine now. i smoked some of mine. if some of it was contaminated, would all of it be? basically what i'm asking is, if i bought 2.5 grams of bud that was still intact, and smoked some, is it reasonable to believe the rest of it is safe?
    Honestly, while it is a comfort to get it from a dispensary, and, since it's an option for me, I wouldn't go elsewhere ever again, I wouldn't worry too much. It's not a rampant problem (yet - when it is, you'll hear about it). Yes, it has happened, but the chances of it happening to you are still small. Maybe ask your dealer what he's hearing about it. Hopefully your dealer knows enough about his product to assure you that it's not an issue (which is almost certainly isn't). However, if there is a medical dispensary in Winnipeg, get in on that man. It's easy to do. Or if you have a cool doctor, you could go the super duper official route and get on that federal medical marijuana mailing deal (which is technically still the only truly legal way to do it).
    how do you get it from a dispensary if you don't have a prescription for it?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

how do you get it from a dispensary if you don't have a prescription for it?
    You don't (well, sometimes you do in Vancouver, but I gather it might be a little tougher in other cities. Vancouver is like a different country altogether when it comes to this, thanks to the City of Vancouver government), but many dispensaries have their own doctors. Some of them even let you just talk to the doctor via Skype. Then they issue the prescription/approve the membership right then and there, directly to the dispensary. It is not at all difficult to get a prescription one way or another. Just go into a dispensary and talk to them about the best way, if you don't think your doctor will give you one for something or other. But again, I'm going off of what I know from living in Vancouver... for all I know, it's is WAY different in Winnipeg. But you should definitely look into it. I can't tell you how liberating it is to be able to walk into a legit store and buy weed. Way more so than I expected.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    *leaves to go to dispensary*
    daughter: where are you going daddy?
    me: um, to pick up some medicine, honey
    daughter: what kind of medicine, daddy? are you sick?
    me: go to bed
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This is the best thread in moving train history... No arguing no name-calling no bickering just a bunch of Stoners agreeing with each other
  • Options
    Yup.

And highest (ha!) percentage of Canadian content of any thread but the Canadian Politics thread ;)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Yup.

And highest (ha!) percentage of Canadian content of any thread but the Canadian Politics thread ;)

I dig it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

Yup.

that's why it's so fucking friendly.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited November 2016

Yup.

I think you have a point there... speaking as an American
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

You had a democrat in the white house for the last 8 years...
    Federally its still a class 1 narcotic, so those of you worried can look at your current president...

Yup. Time for Obama to grow a pair and do the right thing before he leaves. He doesn't need help from the congrescritters. He just needs to tell his DEA to make the change. But he's been spineless on this one. Jesus, I dread the thought of Christie as AG.
    Damn instead we get sessions a total nut case !! Red flags red flags
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    my2hands said:

This is the best thread in moving train history... No arguing no name-calling no bickering just a bunch of Stoners agreeing with each other

This made me chuckle..while puffing my morning bowl...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538

Yup.

Just wait till pjfan finds this thread
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    my2hands said:

Smoke weed everyday!!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Unfortuanetly I'm dry and have to resort to straight keef blasters..haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

Yup.

:whistle:

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I'm hoping businessman Trump realizes what's going on and can keep cookoo Sessions in check...

Apparently one time he said he thought the KKK guys were ok until he found out they smoke pot?
  • Options
    And in a side note, hard to believe the KKK is stil so full of hate if they are all pot smokers..... ;)
  • Options

Yup.

:lol:
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    edited November 2016
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! LEGALIZE IT EVERYWHERE!!!!!,

However, there is an Entitled Sexual Predator is about to take the Presidency in the US. Removing this cancer should be the priority. Otherwise, the ESP could send us back 50 years to square one with pot laws.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
This discussion has been closed.