Options

A "protester" shot another "protester"... can we please stop calling them "Protesters"?

These aren't protesters... these are trouble makers, mostly young, just looking for a reason to fuck shit up and loot

MLK would be ashamed of what passes for a "protester" nowadays

Now feel free to make excuses for them, excuse away their heinous actions, and lecture me about white priviledge

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,009
    Protester is offensive. Please use the term "Non-unionized societal striker."
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    my2hands said:

These aren't protesters... these are trouble makers, mostly young, just looking for a reason to fuck shit up and loot

MLK would be ashamed of what passes for a "protester" nowadays

Now feel free to make excuses for them, excuse away their heinous actions, and lecture me about white priviledge

I have a gently used bridge in Brooklyn for sale, PM your offers.
  • Options
    Officials initially said from the city’s official Twitter account that the victim had died, but later stated that the victim was in critical condition and on life support.

Officials said the apparent shooting was “civilian on civilian.” But a police spokeswoman declined to comment on how they reached that conclusion, other than to say, “This is not an officer-involved shooting.”
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,625
    Who's making excuses?

I will add, white privilege does grant us the right to dictate terms!
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Officials initially said from the city’s official Twitter account that the victim had died, but later stated that the victim was in critical condition and on life support.

Officials said the apparent shooting was “civilian on civilian.” But a police spokeswoman declined to comment on how they reached that conclusion, other than to say, “This is not an officer-involved shooting.”

I'm supposed to believe that in all the chaos authorities know the source of the bullet or projectile that struck a man when they aren't sure if the same man is dead or alive?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Who's making excuses?

No such thing.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Yes nothing screams oppression by destroying your own city and looting from people who make an honest living!!! yeah America!!

Doing stuff like that really makes people apathetic to your cause let me tell ya, now everyone take a knee to bring awareness
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I'm supposed to believe that in all the chaos authorities know the source of the bullet or projectile that struck a man when they aren't sure if the same man is dead or alive?
    They don't have to know the source of the bullet to know it was civilian. They just have to know it wasn't a cop. That would be easy to determine. Cops on riot patrol aren't by themselves, but with groups of many others. For a cop to have fired that shot and not be accounted for, you would have to believe that every cop was willing to lie and possibly go to jail by lying for said cop because they would have seen and heard him fire his weapon. Seems much more probable it was another "protester" instead.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

They don't have to know the source of the bullet to know it was civilian. They just have to know it wasn't a cop. That would be easy to determine. Cops on riot patrol aren't by themselves, but with groups of many others. For a cop to have fired that shot and not be accounted for, you would have to believe that every cop was willing to lie and possibly go to jail by lying for said cop because they would have seen and heard him fire his weapon. Seems much more probable it was another "protester" instead.
    Bullet? I don't see anywhere that it was a bullet that struck the man. Please advise confirmation of bullet?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

The position of the person struck relative to the position of the police makes it nearly impossible. There was an entire crowd of people between them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    unsung said:

Who's making excuses?

No such thing.
    You mean I'm hallucinating all these comments in the race threads?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

The position of the person struck relative to the position of the police makes it nearly impossible. There was an entire crowd of people between them.
    Where is this illustrated?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

You're assuming that from the time the projectile or bullet was fired and the time they announced it was civilian on civilian, that they interviewed or confirmed with all the cops that they individually didn't fire a bullet? Assuming of course it was a bullet? Or you know they interviewed and investigated all cops in that time span?

I won't even bother addressing the cops lying and going to jail part.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Bullet? I don't see anywhere that it was a bullet that struck the man. Please advise confirmation of bullet?
    A previous comment quoted officials as "Officials said the apparent shooting was “civilian on civilian.” " that was posted that you replied to that resulted in my reply mentioning a bullet.. My bad, was it an arrow or crossbow they were "shooting"?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

A previous comment quoted officials as "Officials said the apparent shooting was “civilian on civilian.” ." That was what this discussion was about when another comment referenced a bullet. My bad, was it an arrow they were shooting?
    You ever hear of a girl called Victoria Snelgrove?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Aren't cops supposed to inventory ammo before and after each work shift?? You would think so, and then it would be easy to determine if any bullet was indeed fired by police, and exactly how many. If they don't do that, then maybe they should...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    edited September 2016
    PP193448 said:

Aren't cops supposed to inventory ammo before and after each work shift?? You would think so, and then it would be easy to determine if any bullet was indeed fired by police, and exactly how many. If they don't do that, then maybe they should...

Yes, ammo is inventoried. Without getting into too many details, we had a cop at a party we host every new years day doing keg stands in full uniform. Naturally, one of his clips fell out and into the bucket with the keg while he was in the air. Needless to say he freaked the f out the next day thinking he lost a full clip until we found it at the bottom of ice water.

So yes, ammo is kept track of. Also, I am apparently 33 going on 18...

• Options
    JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

A previous comment quoted officials as "Officials said the apparent shooting was “civilian on civilian.” ." That was what this discussion was about when another comment referenced a bullet. My bad, was it an arrow they were shooting?
    You ever hear of a girl called Victoria Snelgrove?
    Not sure what I am suppose to get out of that? So you're saying I'm the only one to automatically think of a bullet when the officials say there was a "shooting"? And I should think of a crowd control pepper spray projectile instead? I think its pretty fair to assume a bullet was involved when there was a shooting.

And for the record, I never heard of her until I goggled her just now. Crappy story.
  • Options
    Did they find the civilian who shot the protestor with his gun yet? Are they looking for him? With all those people and cops around they must have a good description? They must know which way he fled?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

Did they find the civilian who shot the protestor with his gun yet? Are they looking for him? With all those people and cops around they must have a good description? They must know which way he fled?

Sheeeeeet, we didn't see nuttin Office...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    JC29856 said:

I would imagine the opposite. Get a large rowdy crowd together like that, only a few are going to know who actually fired the gun, and they probably fled just as quickly. You may have 100 witnesses that can tell you which way the gunfire came from, but probably only very few who actually saw the guy and they wont be talking. That's the point of the mob mentality and why it leads to pointless looting and riots, no one feels responsible because it is so difficult to catch anyone in a situation like that.

I'm curious because I cant tell from your response. Are you asking that question hypothetically as a way to make a statement? And what would that statement be?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

I'm driving back from lunch listening to local sports talk radio, I enjoy listening to eagles super bowl talk every few years, anyway they break to the news and say, the Carolina Panthers are considering a venue change in light of the recent protests over a black man being shot and killed by a black police officer.
    What?
    I've never heard any news report where the color of skin of the person shot AND the color of the skin of the cop shooter was included in the report.
    Very strange to say the least.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

I'm driving back from lunch listening to local sports talk radio, I enjoy listening to eagles super bowl talk every few years, anyway they break to the news and say, the Carolina Panthers are considering a venue change in light of the recent protests over a black man being shot and killed by a black police officer.
    What?
    I've never heard any news report where the color of skin of the person shot AND the color of the skin of the cop shooter was included in the report.
    Very strange to say the least.
    You hear it when they are of different colors. Cant remember a time when they emphasized it when it was the same tough, like what you just quoted.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

I would imagine the opposite. Get a large rowdy crowd together like that, only a few are going to know who actually fired the gun, and they probably fled just as quickly. You may have 100 witnesses that can tell you which way the gunfire came from, but probably only very few who actually saw the guy and they wont be talking. That's the point of the mob mentality and why it leads to pointless looting and riots, no one feels responsible because it is so difficult to catch anyone in a situation like that.

I'm curious because I cant tell from your response. Are you asking that question hypothetically as a way to make a statement? And what would that statement be?
    Usually when there is a shooting, especially with so many police around, a description of events and of the suspect is released. Sometimes they offer a reward to catch and convict the suspect. I haven't seen any.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    they're not "protesters" they're "rioters" maybe that person should have stayed home instead of rioting.

Godfather.
  • Options

After a second night of angry protests over the fatal shooting of Keith Scott by a police officer in Charlotte, North Carolina, the city’s police chief admitted that dashcam video of the incident, which has not been made public, does not include “absolute, definitive, visual evidence that would confirm that a person is pointing a gun.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/09/22/charlotte-police-chief-refuses-to-release-dashcam-video-of-officer-killing-keith-scott/
  • Options
    Justin Carr dead.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

Who's making excuses?

No such thing.
    Racism exists but to claim white privilege is to let the oppressors off the hook for treating people badly.

You don't bring one group down because another is treated unfairly, that's what claiming white privilege does. Instead we should be demanding that everyone be treated at a higher level up.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Who's making excuses?

No such thing.
    Racism exists but to claim white privilege is to let the oppressors off the hook for treating people badly.

You don't bring one group down because another is treated unfairly, that's what claiming white privilege does. Instead we should be demanding that everyone be treated at a higher level up.
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Who's making excuses?

No such thing.

Kind of the opposite: denying white privilege exists lets the opressor off the hook, because it's existence is a result of discrimination. It perpetuates it because people conclude "all you have to do is work hard and be responsible like me, and you'll succeed".