Options

JonBenet Ramsey

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
Has anyone been following the recent specials on this case?

I had read the book "Perfect Murder: Perfect Town" and was convinced that the mother didn't do it. Now I'm not so sure.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-case-of-jonbenet-ramsey-everything-we-learned-so-far-w440647

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Comments

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I haven't been folllowing...from what i remember all signs pointed to parents correct??
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    Been watching a bit. I don't think the parents did it. I think there is too much other stuff that was never taken into consideration early on and now its too late. Forgien DNA in the underwear that can't belong to anyone in the immediate family, hand writing experts cleared Patsy, convicted pedophile in area when murder happened that was never looked at, etc.
    One question though, is their son Burke a little handy/special??? Watched him on Dr. Phil and he had such a smug look on his face when answering questions. I don't think he had anything to do with it, but man I wanted to smack him.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:

Been watching a bit. I don't think the parents did it. I think there is too much other stuff that was never taken into consideration early on and now its too late. Forgien DNA in the underwear that can't belong to anyone in the immediate family, hand writing experts cleared Patsy, convicted pedophile in area when murder happened that was never looked at, etc.
    One question though, is their son Burke a little handy/special??? Watched him on Dr. Phil and he had such a smug look on his face when answering questions. I don't think he had anything to do with it, but man I wanted to smack him.

Did handwriting experts clear her? I don't find anything about that...

I was a little disappointed in the series on the ID Network last week. It was really trying to sensationalize everything.

The show last night on CBS seemed to place a lot of weight on the 911 operator. Why? We heard the calls...everyone heard the recordings of the calls. They acted like it was a big oversight to not interview the 911 operator before.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The DNA is huge....last night while watching the first part of the series I kept reminding myself of that.

The ID series put a lot of weight on the handwriting...their expert said they couldn't rule out Patsy. It does seem odd to me that the note seemed to be written by a female, the garotte was from Patsy's painting items, the knot on the garotte and the slipknots on JonBenet's wrists were clearly from someone who tied a lot of knots/sewed, etc.

Crazy shit

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,712
    I wouldn't be surprised to learn the kid is alive and a lot of people have been laughing all the way to the bank. But that's just my cynical take on things like this that are considered so-called "newsworthy".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn the kid is alive and a lot of people have been laughing all the way to the bank. But that's just my cynical take on things like this that are considered so-called "newsworthy".

What what what?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Kind of hard to be alive and well after an autopsy.

• Options
    Like I said, it was a cynical response. These kinds of issues end up selling tons of books in that most deplorable section of a bookstore know as "true crime". It's rotten fodder for the brain, not news.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

Like I said, it was a cynical response. These kinds of issues end up selling tons of books in that most deplorable section of a bookstore know as "true crime". It's rotten fodder for the brain, not news.

It's certainly news. I little girl was murdered and no one was ever convicted of the crime. As a father i would fight till my death to keep this in the news....unless I was involved.....
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Disagree...to me it's very interesting.

• Options

brianlux said:

It's certainly news. I little girl was murdered and no one was ever convicted of the crime. As a father i would fight till my death to keep this in the news....unless I was involved.....
    Yes, as a personal matter, it would be devastating and vastly important. As a titillating "news" item you will read about a lot more in People Magazine than in The Guardian or Huffington Post or any more serious news source. Like I said, brain fodder for the masses.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Yes, as a personal matter, it would be devastating and vastly important. As a titillating "news" item you will read about a lot more in People Magazine than in The Guardian or Huffington Post or any more serious news source. Like I said, brain fodder for the masses.
    I guess this thread isn't for you then. It's for us idiots that find it (the murder, the investigation, the reaction) interesting.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

With all the energy directed toward and spent on people locked up for crimes they didn't commit, amid other injustices, unsolved murders, assholes who rape and serve virtually no time, and on...ad nauseum...I just don't understand how further investigation into the death of a little girl is considered unworthy or thrilling to watch, or fitting of putting quotation marks around her situation.

Shit, I still think about the young man who disappeared in Columbus several years ago. The thread about him is still stickied on the Porch.

Heavy circumstances all around, and just not cool in my book to make light of it.
  • Options
    I'm not making light of anything. I'm not saying that any of you here are not sincere in your concern. What I am saying is that to my way of seeing things, this is just another sensationalist item that many people get wrapped up in the way they do a reality TV show. To many, it is purely entertainment. You can't deny that is true. And those are the people who are not taking something like this seriously, not me.

OK, that my two cents. No need to get into yet another argument on the Train. I'll not post here anymore.

• Options
    brianlux said:

I'm not making light of anything. I'm not saying that any of you here are not sincere in your concern. What I am saying is that to my way of seeing things, this is just another sensationalist item that many people get wrapped up in the way they do a reality TV show. To many, it is purely entertainment. You can't deny that is true. And those are the people who are not taking something like this seriously, not me.

OK, that my two cents. No need to get into yet another argument on the Train. I'll not post here anymore.

I don't see anything sensationalist about it at all. Some people are merely seeing if current methods might uncover a different conclusion or maybe new information.

I don't find it entertaining at all. I find it very sad that a six year old girl was killed. I would like to know what the fuck happened.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    brianlux said:

Like the Biggie and Tupac living on an island somewhere type of theory? :wink:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Ah the media. Must be a slow time for them, to bring back a what - 20 year old murder mystery - w/ the mother now dead so they can warp it more for even more heads spinning, new "evidence", "angles", whathaveyou.

A captive audience is all the mass media needs to make this a 'current' story. Yawn.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

People Mag of course! Anything this tabloid deems important to cover after all this time, because they can rehash asything and get read, is a worthy scheme to get people to believe...

...because the other news they'd rather you not read is Hillary's health.
  • Options
    Free said:

Ah the media. Must be a slow time for them, to bring back a what - 20 year old murder mystery - w/ the mother now dead so they can warp it more for even more heads spinning, new "evidence", "angles", whathaveyou.

A captive audience is all the mass media needs to make this a 'current' story. Yawn.

Ah the condescension. It's being discussed, so what? Many cold cases get re-examined and re-investigated at some point. Some even get solved!

Someone feels it's BS, a spin, a distraction for suckers, fine. Someone feels the need to give shit and talk down (surprise!) to those who don't think it is, who are interested in what may have really happened? The horror. Just unconscionable.

(by the way, I hope you're one of those who covers their mouths when they yawn)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The story is 20 years old! If you perceive that as condescension, you're wrong. It's a damn fact!
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

The story is 20 years old! If you perceive that as condescension, you're wrong. It's a damn fact!

How can I perceive the article itself as condescension? I was talking about your tendency to speak down to those with whom you "disagree".

Anyway...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    I remember following it a lot 20 years ago, and hearing a few new updates every now and then, but I had forgotten most of it since then. This just reminds me why the parents got so much heat. I'm not convinced its them, but if I had to take a pick I'd blame the parents. To not cooperate with investigators when your own child was killed? What parents does that? And other small details like the pineapple, everything came from within the house. The only thing that seems to not fit that theory is the use of a stun gun-but then it sounds like the idea of a stun gun didn't come up until much later based off photographs. So seems possible it could be something completely different.
  • Options
    Free said:

Maybe this thread ain't for you?

• Options
    mace1229 said:

I remember following it a lot 20 years ago, and hearing a few new updates every now and then, but I had forgotten most of it since then. This just reminds me why the parents got so much heat. I'm not convinced its them, but if I had to take a pick I'd blame the parents. To not cooperate with investigators when your own child was killed? What parents does that? And other small details like the pineapple, everything came from within the house. The only thing that seems to not fit that theory is the use of a stun gun-but then it sounds like the idea of a stun gun didn't come up until much later based off photographs. So seems possible it could be something completely different.

DNA?

• Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    Free said:

The thread is actually based on the news special airing yesterday and today... Kinda current?

• Options

Free said:

The thread is actually based on the news special airing yesterday and today... Kinda current?
    A new special that has to do with the story from… 20 years ago.
  • Options
    I honestly will never understand posting in a thread you have zero interest in.

I watched one of the ID specials today where they mentioned the family Santa, the guy obsessed with her and the guy who allegedly killed himself in his trailer. I found it very fascinating and had forgotten many of those details over the years. Each one of the guys mentioned gave me the creeps but something always cleared them and brought the attention back to the Ramsey's. I don't want to think it was them because of the sexual molestation and everything...but they sure didn't help their case with their actions right after the murder.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Free said:

Free said:

A new special that has to do with the story from… 20 years ago.
    Speaking of it being a slow time.... if must be for you right along with the media if you're spending your time writing comments like this, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    I like true crime stuff in general, so I'm going to watch this two-night special when I get the chance.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata